Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by JOESCHALL
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 2 years ago

Does anyone know of a pinball tech or a pinsider willing to make house calls in the Altoona area in central PA? I have a friend with a Special Force, an Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle and Friends, and a Mr. and Mrs. Pacman pin, all of which need work. The friend is a surgeon so he's happy to pay a pin surgeon to get these in working order again. Any leads? If so, please post them here or PM me. Thanks!

#2 2 years ago

Calling Tomdrum. TomDrum to the service dept please.

#3 2 years ago

LOL. Thanks for the amusing bump 29REO. I've had two helpful PMs so far. More still appreciated.

#4 2 years ago

I'd be happy to work on them, however I usually require the games be brought to me so I can work on them at my own convenience due to my full time job. I will say my rates are considerably lower than most because of this. PM for further details.

#6 2 years ago
    Quoted from GLSP3022:

I'd be happy to work on them, however I usually require the games be brought to me so I can work on them at my own convenience due to my full time job. I will say my rates are considerably lower than most because of this. PM for further details

Thanks for the reply, GLSP3022. Yes, I recall we met once on a potential sale (I didn't end up buying--Secret Service, I believe--but was impressed with the work you did). Moving the games is not a good option (they're in a basement, and this guy is not a pinhead), but I appreciate the response and the offer!

#7 2 years ago

I'll throw my hat in the ring too.

I'm in the Pittsburgh area, so I'd want to come talk to him, and bring the games back to the shop for a thorough repair.

I'm insured, and can supply references both high profile and low profile.

#8 2 years ago
    Quoted from PghPinballRescue:

I'll throw my hat in the ring too.

I'm in the Pittsburgh area, so I'd want to come talk to him, and bring the games back to the shop for a thorough repair.

I'm insured, and can supply references both high profile and low profile.

Thanks so much, but he wants a house call for sure. I really appreciate the response.

#9 2 years ago

And I did PM TomDrum just in case he makes house calls.

#10 2 years ago

Joe,, if he's local to Altoona I can at least atop by and diagnose the issues. Let me know, no charge.

It's tough these days making house call repairs. I have my soldering and de-soldering stations, specialty tools at my place, plus bins full of parts. And there's always that one surprise you never saw coming.

#11 2 years ago
    Quoted from GLSP3022:

Joe,, if he's local to Altoona I can at least atop by and diagnose the issues. Let me know, no charge.

Have at it, you're closer!

#12 2 years ago
    Quoted from GLSP3022:

It's tough these days making house call repairs. I have my soldering and de-soldering stations, specialty tools at my place, plus bins full of parts. And there's always that one surprise you never saw coming.

Thanks. He's in Hollidaysburg and probably 15 minutes drive from you. I'm considering a few options and I've sent the owner questions to answer, so I'll post here once I hear from the owner and we come to a decision. I'll definitely PM you if we decide to take you up on a "house call look-see."

#13 2 years ago

If all of the above fall through, I can be available.

Sounds like you're pretty well covered though.

#14 2 years ago
    Quoted from PghPinballRescue:

If all of the above fall through, I can be available.

Sounds like you're pretty well covered though.

I think so, but thanks again. And I'll keep you in mind for a friend who is opening up a new business in Pittsburgh next year that will include about 10 pins. I'm his very amateur tech now but he'll need a real tech once he makes the move to Pittsburgh.

#15 2 years ago

I'll gladly be your Pittsburgh tech Joe, but I'm guessing it's going to be multiple drives to Altoona and back for 4 machines of unknown states and parts needs. Just too far.

Hope all is well professor and I still have that TZ!

Evan

#16 2 years ago

Evan,

Great to hear from you. Yup, it could be multiple drives back and forth--you never know. Glad to hear you still have that TZ that you bought from Chronic Town/Music Underground in State College. BTW, that store now has 18 pins out for play. As hookah diminished, pinball grew.

Take care,

Joe

#17 2 years ago

Okay, thanks to a PM from a helpful pinsider within easy driving distance of Altoona, I found the right tech for my friend to service his machines in his home. Thanks to all who replied via PM or this thread. You can now consider this thread to be closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/seeking-pinball-tech-in-altoona-pa-area and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.