GetAttachmentThumbnail-7 (resized).jpg
GetAttachmentThumbnail-6 (resized).jpg
GetAttachmentThumbnail-4 (resized).jpg
GetAttachmentThumbnail-5 (resized).jpg
GetAttachmentThumbnail-2 (resized).jpg
GetAttachmentThumbnail-1 (resized).jpg
GetAttachmentThumbnail (resized).jpg

#1 3 years ago

After many years in storage, I've decided to finally part ways with my Gottlieb Spider-Man machine. I'm not sure what it's worth because I can't locate another one currently for sale. It's in fairly rough shape cosmetically and internally. Fair amount of wear on the sides and top. The back glass is faded with paint chips etc. As for the electronics, it powers on and lights up but that's about it. Scoreboards aren't functioning etc. The only real strong point is the play field is in vg-ex condition. I'm not sure whether to put the time and money into fixing it, or selling it to someone who will restore it. Anyone have any idea what it might sell for as-is, or in working condition? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

GetAttachmentThumbnail (resized).jpgGetAttachmentThumbnail (resized).jpgGetAttachmentThumbnail-1 (resized).jpgGetAttachmentThumbnail-1 (resized).jpgGetAttachmentThumbnail-2 (resized).jpgGetAttachmentThumbnail-2 (resized).jpgGetAttachmentThumbnail-4 (resized).jpgGetAttachmentThumbnail-4 (resized).jpgGetAttachmentThumbnail-5 (resized).jpgGetAttachmentThumbnail-5 (resized).jpgGetAttachmentThumbnail-6 (resized).jpgGetAttachmentThumbnail-6 (resized).jpgGetAttachmentThumbnail-7 (resized).jpgGetAttachmentThumbnail-7 (resized).jpg
#2 3 years ago

I haven't seen too many of these sell over the years myself, but as a ballpark I'd say maybe $500-700 as-is and closer to maybe $1000-1200 working?

Perhaps others will chime in, too.

#3 3 years ago
Quoted from frunch:

I haven't seen too many of these sell over the years myself, but as a ballpark I'd say maybe $500-700 as-is and closer to maybe $1000-1200 working?
Perhaps others will chime in, too.

I've had a few and I agree..

#4 3 years ago

Can’t speak to the value and I know the machine is not currently working, but I would definitely inspect that MPU battery and look to get it off the board, especially if it’s leaking. May save you (or the next person) from another headache later on.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts
Electronics
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 37.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/seeking-gottlieb-amazing-spiderman-advice- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.