New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 126522)

Seeking! Data east cpu parts list and full schematic c85,c86 blown off the board

By Hawk007

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Hawk007
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

bypass cap DE.jpg
DSCN7115.JPG

#1 5 years ago

Hello
Got a bad DE revision 3 cpu board with c85 and c86 blown. Not sure what caused it as it came to me this way in a LW3..... No sign of these in the manual cpu logic diagrams and no cpu parts list avail. Anyone have the full schematics and parts list available?

#2 5 years ago

They're .1uf since they are designated like the other .1uf caps in the assembly diagram. But they are not shown in the schematic AFAICT.

viperrwk

#3 5 years ago

Thanks Viperrwk ! Do you know the voltage? .....seems odd they never put it into the schematic...Hope someone has one that shows everything.

#4 5 years ago

GPE has them, part-number CCA-0.1uF-50V

#5 5 years ago

Thanks guys! Have a great silverball day!

#6 5 years ago

.1uf 50v 20% axial ceramic should be fine (104M designation).

There was a note somewhere that indicated what they are on the the assembly diagram but I don't remember where I saw it. But don't hope to ever find them in the schematics - they're not in any version all the way back to Laser War.

Originally those were glass ceramic - very stable, more expensive, almost never fails.

Out of curiosity, how do you know they are blown?

viperrwk

C84, C85, C86 DE CPU Board

#7 5 years ago

not sure what would have caused c85,c86 to blow violently off the board. Very strange.

#8 5 years ago

I know they are blown as they are blown right apart [separated] and black and nasty...

#9 5 years ago

That's weird - they're on the blanking lines - something else is not right there...

viperrwk

#10 5 years ago

yup! scaring me for sure!!! This game just came to me and thats what I thought...blanking circuit blown up??? Uh oh....

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from viperrwk:

.1uf 50v 20% axial ceramic should be fine (104M designation).
There was a note somewhere that indicated what they are on the the assembly diagram but I don't remember where I saw it. But don't hope to ever find them in the schematics - they're not in any version all the way back to Laser War.
Originally those were glass ceramic - very stable, more expensive, almost never fails.
Out of curiosity, how do you know they are blown?
viperrwk
C84, C85, C86 DE CPU Board (Click image to enlarge)

Thanks for the nice foto.

A little hint is in the schematics for the soundboard ...

bypass cap DE.jpg

And if you want to go original:

ebay.com link » 100x Miniature De Coupling Capacitors 0 1uf 104 100nf 50v Ex Mil Axial Ceramic

#12 5 years ago

How did I miss that..Thanks again!!!

Still curious what caused this and what all else is wrong! I will post back once their replaced and game can be powered up.

#13 5 years ago

Maybe it was the sound board I saw that on and it was never on the CPU schematics/parts diagram at all. So if you were only looking at the CPU schematics its understandable how you could miss it.

Keep us posted on what you find.

viperrwk

#14 5 years ago

so long story short...replaced c85 and c 86 and put a remote battery box on just because I had the board off , installed it and it works perfectly.
This game came to me not working so i'm sure the main board is not from this game originally partially because it had no cpu rom installed.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 99.00
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED
Boards
PinSound
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside