hqdefault (resized).jpg
5pj4i (resized).jpg
IMG_0029 (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
images (resized).jpeg
laborplan.de_ (resized).jpg
refraction_cornea (resized).jpg
There are 62 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 7 years ago

I've experienced sleep paralysis many times. The worst is when I end up in a bad position, and it's hard to breathe(like face down in a pillow). Then, I know I am paralyzed, but I am deeply uncomfortable and have to get up. So, I'll start kicking my leg until it finally snaps me awake enough to move.
On skepticism, I'm certainly not a believer in anything paranormal. The human brain is easy to fool. I'll give an example.
One night, I was driving my family back home down a dark Kansas county road. Very few houses, and very few lights. All of the sudden, I realized that there was this crazy, multicolor glowing globe hanging almost over the road. It looks like a mist shrouded thing just floating there. No obvious source of light, it wasn't moving and there was no downdraft as if it were a helicopter.
I was baffled, and turned to my wife. "Well, I'm going to have to rethink this whole UFO thing."
At this point, I was almost underneath it. It was over a field, and just floating there. I debated getting out and walking across the field, but I decided to keep going, in case a car came by in the dark and hit the family.
And, low and behold, over a small hill that was completely imperceptible in the dark was a cop, who had stopped another car. His lights were flashing. And everything clicked into focus. The "ball" was just a low hanging fog bank. There were no trees around to reflect the light, so I couldn't tell that the origin was closer to the ground. And, once I really looked at it, the "globe" shape sort of went away.
Moral of the story: I think most beliefs about the paranormal start with similar experiences. Our brain is prone to perceiving patterns and trying to stitch together a coherent story that we call consciousness, and sometimes it fails.
If I hadn't crested that hill when I did, the cop may have left before I got there. Would I instead be telling people about the UFO I saw? That's the part I find most interesting. How a single missing fact could have warped my entire worldview.
Anyway, just something to chew on...

#52 7 years ago

It's not hard to experience hallucinations. Simply staring at your own face in a dimly lit mirror, your recognition circuits will get tired, and soon you will see monstrous contortions as nearby circuits begin firing instead. Freaky!

#53 7 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Simply staring at your own face in a dimly lit mirror, your recognition circuits will get tired, and soon you will see monstrous contortions as nearby circuits begin firing instead.

I've heard some get the same experience looking at their wives.

#54 7 years ago

You're joking I think, but yeah, that could be why laying in the dark staring at your wife, you can get a horrible "do I even know this person" freakout!

#55 7 years ago

5pj4i (resized).jpg5pj4i (resized).jpg

#56 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Sometimes, when I read some of what is written on pinside, I believe I must be hallucinating.

Did someone post the new Stern prices?????

#57 7 years ago

Only Canadians 40+ will get this:

hqdefault (resized).jpghqdefault (resized).jpg

#58 7 years ago

Years ago I used to wake up to see large spider like aboritions about the size of a soccer ball, with many long wispy legs, crawling along the ceiling, and up and along the walls in the bedroom. I first thought it was just lingering waking dream visions, but when my wife started seeing them too we both totally freaked! We had to wake up turn on the lights to make make sure they were gone. It was scary stuff, and we were sure they were some kind of poltergeist or something like that. Hasen't happened for years, then last week I saw one again... kind of spooky...

#59 7 years ago

Seep paralysis used to happen a lot to me, one episode had me choking, that time freaked me out, went to doctor to see if something medically was causing it. Seemed to have stopped a lot in last few years.

I used to hallucinate when driving home late at night when tired(sober). Shadows on road side would become cars etc.

My grandma in her last days was talking to recently departed relatives in her hospital room, it was like they were waiting to take her away.

Freaky paranormal stories used to really scare the shit out of me, but now it doesn't as they prove that there is something after death...

#60 7 years ago

I'm pretty sure that the thing I saw was a ballon in the ER. My beautiful girlfriend who took me home after that. Had something to say about all of this.

I told her what I saw, it was probably the next day ish. She said she had seen something in our window. Not once but twice and two different things. Both were outside the window.

The first one danced through the air outside the window, like a balloon might.

The second one she saw was staring directly at her from outside the window. Peering over. She could only see this thing through the mirror in the room. Strange ass shit anyways. I said a lot of prayers in the neighborhood. The dogs in my neighborhood had been a little zonkers when I moved here. But now the dogs of Downey sleep sounder it seems.

1 week later
#61 7 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Before I knew it, I could no longer see my reflection nor the reflection of the bathroom in the mirror anymore, it had opened up like a portal and I could see the outline of a figure that resembled the grim reaper. I heard a voice in my head that said something along these lines, 'live life as you know it now, do not concern yourself with how life is beyond death, this is your life to live now, enjoy it and everything will be alright'. And that was it, I was back in the bathroom as if nothing happened.

People who recreate with the drug DMT report a common experience of seeing jesters. What these jesters say and do is, to me, disconcerting for its apparent anarchy of purpose. Youtube has many videos about this.

For the record, I advocate complete sobriety.

1 year later
#62 5 years ago
Quoted from I_P_D_B:

People who recreate with the drug DMT report a common experience of seeing jesters. What these jesters say and do is, to me, disconcerting for its apparent anarchy of purpose. Youtube has many videos about this.
For the record, I advocate complete sobriety.

DMT is produced by the body naturally by the pituitary gland (hence why it is referred to as the third eye). The reason we don’t see anything is due to a chemical also produced by the body that acts as a blocker. Ayahuasca (active DMT) brew has been used for 1000’s of years to aid in the communication of spirits or entities.

Multiple people from around the globe with nothing in common or had never met have reported to have talked to entities while on ayahuasca or smoking DMT saying “we are delighted you have found the technology to communicate with us.”

Do I believe it? Not necessarily. But humans can only see and detect certain wavelengths of light, sound, frequency and vibration. Just because we can’t detect it, doesn’t mean something else is there. I like to keep an open mind on these things.

Here in New Zealand the Acacia bush grows and I was tempted at one time to extract the DMT and try it. Not to get out of it but to have the reported spiritual experience.

I’m just too scared to now to be honest. Sometimes I think some things should just be left alone lol

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 62 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/seeing-things-that-arent-there/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.