13 days ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 days ago by kgreene
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2235 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2234 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2233 (resized).JPG
    stb (resized).jpg

#1 13 days ago

I recently acquired a project 1947 shoot the bear game from seeburg.

The cabinet itself obviously had water damage at some point and is just bare wood. The main glass is there but I am missing the scoring glasses. These are the red strips above and below the main glass. The top one is numbered 1-20 and the other gives 3 ratings: marksman, sharpshooter, expert.

These are part number 125616 Score Light Glass and 125615 Score Rating Glass. The "Shoot The Bear" sign on top is part # 125671.

I talked with someone who has repaired these games and said he thought that a pinball glass reproduction company had produced some or all of these parts. I looked around at all the places I could find but found no mention of them. I'm hoping someone knows who it was or maybe has any of these original or repro parts.

Alternately maybe I could have it made somewhere but I have no idea how much that would cost.

Here's an image I found of a cabinet with both glasses and the topper in place.

https://assets.catawiki.nl/assets/2017/1/17/3/b/d/3bdce016-dc86-11e6-95ed-f1789e6b008b.jpg

thanks

stb (resized).jpg
    #2 11 days ago

I took a trip to Funspot in NH thinking you needed the main glass none of the major staff were there I don't think , it was on a Sunday

I did snap a couple pics of it. the restoration video suggests new parts were painted https://www.funspotnh.com/tv.htm

you may be able to use layers of red filters over plexiglass for the scoring & ranking areas my have to stencil the numbers & letters

maybe something like this : https://www.walmart.com/ip/Duck-Brand-Red-2-in-x-72-in-Translucent-Tail-Light-Acrylic-Tape/17018151?

IMG_2233 (resized).JPGIMG_2234 (resized).JPGIMG_2235 (resized).JPG
    #3 10 days ago

Cool thanks! Yeah I was thinking I might have to just have to make one manually. It would likely be cheaper with plastic, that's for sure...

Did you or have you played it?

#4 10 days ago
    Quoted from kgreene:

Cool thanks! Yeah I was thinking I might have to just have to make one manually. It would likely be cheaper with plastic, that's for sure...
    Did you or have you played it?

It's behind a rope & a sign "for display only", if I see John Laughton again mebbe I'll ask him for a demonstration. I've had a couple of encounters with his & both good and memorable moments for me

#5 10 days ago

I believe I have a spare topper I bought as a spare you are welcome to if I can find it --- let me know if you want it and I will look for you.
    Joe

#6 9 days ago

PinballSTAR that would be great! I'm definitely interested in the spare.

#7 9 days ago

I seen one of these games once at a guys house years ago, pretty sure it was in Michigan. It seemed much larger however or perhaps it just doesn't look that big in your pictures? Anyways I thought it was pretty cool for sure.

john

#8 9 days ago

Yeah it's pretty big. It's 42" wide and 36" tall. It's a little over 6 feet tall with the legs on.

This gives you a good idea of size and how it plays:

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside