Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by ultimategameroom
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

B597EA88-A99B-465B-9514-0C0EF073F239 (resized).jpeg
    24 (10) (resized).JPG
    24 (12) (resized).JPG
    24 (11) (resized).JPG
    Belt_4.jpg
    Belt_2.jpg
    Belt_3.jpg
    Belt_1.jpg

#1 6 years ago

Hoping someone reading this has had to change/replace their 57 toothed belts and can tell me where they got them. Both mine are broken and I can't find anywhere that sells them. I am told they were specifically made for the game by Seeburg.

#3 6 years ago

Thanks for link, will let you know, tried Vic glass...no good. The length is 21.375 inches with a 3/8 pitch, 57 cogs/teeth. The shape/profile of belt is trapezoidal.

#4 6 years ago

The pics are of the belts I need. After a clean 3 of the four belts broke and the one left is damaged and stretched.
    The height belt is 5/32 with a width of 9/32.

Belt_1.jpg

Belt_3.jpg

Belt_2.jpg

Belt_4.jpg

#5 6 years ago

Bump......impatient? yes a little. Haven't heard back from national jukebox. I sent [email protected] an email weeks ago, no reply, not surprised. I have contacted Megadyne with no reply, I have sent 2 emails off to a company in France and in India regarding costs to get them made, no replies. Victory Glass couldn't assist either.
    No belts means no play
    Surely someone can help me out? Pleeeeeez

3 months later
    #6 5 years ago

Tim at pinballmuseum.org in las Vegas restored a Shoot the Bear for Funspot (up my way) a few years ago. I've seen it, it is impressive (although he did replace the amp with something modern). It was featured on American Restoration.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1112lk_american-restoration-hd_travel

It had bad belts, Tim was able to restore it. You may want to chase him down for some leads?

#7 5 years ago

Try Michael Sands. I sold him a Shoot-The-Bear years ago that he restored. The restoration is detailed in his website.
    http://www.sandsmuseum.com/coinop/games/bear/bear.html

5 years later
    #8 8 months ago

Michael has been a great help and extremely knowledgeable .

I ended up sourcing belts almost identical that did the job.

24 (10) (resized).JPG24 (11) (resized).JPG24 (12) (resized).JPG
    #9 8 months ago

not sure how to mark as solved?

2 months later
    #10 5 months ago

Do you have a link where you got the belts or info on the brand/model number?

I just picked up a shoot the bear but I need the belts as well, among other things.

thanks

2 weeks later
    #11 5 months ago

I acquired one a few months ago myself and you need a 217L belt as seen in one of the pictures above. It is 21.7 inches in length and has 58 teeth. The L indicates the shape of the teeth on the belt. I'm going to order from the link below and get a 12.7 mm belt. I will trim it down to make two good belts.

https://vbeltoutlet.com/product/217l-timing-belt-replacement-58-teeth/

#12 5 months ago

Great, thank you.

#13 5 months ago

Please post more pics of your restoration/machine. I always wanted a seeburg shoot the bear or shoot the coon.

Quoted from Rikoshay:

not sure how to mark as solved?

#14 5 months ago
    Quoted from ultimategameroom:

Please post more pics of your restoration/machine. I always wanted a seeburg shoot the bear or shoot the coon.

I can understand why "Shoot the Coon" never made it to Australia. In Australia "Coon" is a derogatory word for black person almost exactly like the "N" word.

#15 5 months ago
    Quoted from pins4u:

I can understand why "Shoot the Coon" never made it to Australia. In Australia "Coon" is a derogatory word for black person almost exactly like the "N" word.

ah .. but it did .. we have a coon hunt here.

#16 5 months ago
    Quoted from wiredoug:

ah .. but it did .. we have a coon hunt here.

Oops.........I guess they were different times? I doubt it would get through today.

#17 5 months ago
    Quoted from pins4u:

Oops.........I guess they were different times? I doubt it would get through today.

reckon you're right.

#18 5 months ago

The WWII Shoot Hitler and also Shoot Tojo conversions of Seeburg Chicken Sam are especially cool. I remember seeing both on eBay about 20 years ago.

#19 5 months ago
    Quoted from pins4u:

I think that’s a stretch but in today’s world where it seems almost everyone is offended by something anything is possible.
    Look at the machine.A dog is barking at a raccoon you are trying to shoot who runs up and down a tree.

Anyway all The Seeburg Ray-O Lite variations are very cool. I hope to own one someday!

B597EA88-A99B-465B-9514-0C0EF073F239 (resized).jpeg
    #20 5 months ago

My friend has a very nice Coon Hunt. To be honest it's not exactly a blast to play but it makes up for it in pure charm. If you have the space it's like a work of art. A statement piece in any gameroom.

#21 5 months ago
    Quoted from AlexF:

My friend has a very nice Coon Hunt. To be honest it's not exactly a blast to play but it makes up for it in pure charm. If you have the space it's like a work of art. A statement piece in any gameroom.

Please let me know if he ever wants to sell.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside