Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 102 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by HeroPixel
  • Topic is favorited by 31 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20180521_204103 (resized).jpg
    20180514_121455 (resized).jpg
    bebop_01_12 (resized).jpg
    eye (resized).jpg
    IMG_20180429_163305 (resized).jpg
    20180423_103157 (resized).jpg
    20180423_110124 (resized).jpg
    20180423_110108 (resized).jpg
    ryobi-forstner-bits-a9fs8r1-64_1000 (resized).jpg
    20180421_165520 (resized).jpg
    20180421_165526 (resized).jpg
    15242748089891306807748 (resized).jpg
    20180418_204923 (resized).jpg
    20180418_081035 (resized).jpg
    20180418_081042 (resized).jpg
    20180418_081025 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Cappi.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#18 6 years ago

Awesome theme I thought about doing as well. Your initial progress is getting me stoked as I just became job free and will have time to work on mine. I've been designing (mostlly brainstorming and writing down ideas, nothing physical yet) for the last 4 years (lots of distractions).

Can't wait to see what you come up with! I'm using the P-3roc and mostly likely mission pinball with lots of mods. Trying to design what I envision a HUO pinball machine would be. No monetary aspect, so how would that change the design? Very hard and very long games are what I'm looking at joining together (chain them together). For example, my coin door will have a finger print scanner instead for saved games and settings/etc. I'll start a thread of my own sometime soon...

Keep the updates coming!
    --Kevin

#26 6 years ago
    Quoted from InfiniteLives:

Nice! One think I am taking out is pop bumpers....

I've thought long and hard about what to do with these. Normally I think they are used for two reasons:
    1) Change the pace of the game
    2) Randomize the ball path

I have a STLE and the bumpers there seem pointless as they all drain in 1 direction, but on IMVE, LOTR, and TH, there are multiple paths out that the ball can take.

My pop bumper area will have a sudo captive ball on a drop target at the bottom with a magnet above it (to pull the ball back up and get it flinging around the bumpers more/ think ST's vengeance ship). Once the ball settles behind the drop target, when a new ball enters the top hitting the switch as it enters the pop bumper area, the drop target will release the ball at the bottom then raise to trap this ball once its done doing its thing. No rest for the player! I have balls staged in several locations on the PF, so when you drain the next ball is already in play. I really love the LOTR mechanic of when a ball is held on the sword and a new ball comes down the ramp, one of the trapped balls is released early and the new ball coming down the ramp takes its place being captive/held. It has a steampunk sort of clockwork movement that I want to have in several areas in my game. I'll post a diagram once I get it a bit more finalized.

Sorry to highjack. Your build is looking good/promising and there is tons of material for the theme (and awesome music, The Seatbelts rock!).

--Kevin

#43 6 years ago

You could add another captive ball bracket under the ramp so you are moving a captive ball from one position to the other. I thought about this as well for my pin (simulate picking chambers on a lock, ball has to move through different captive positions with 1 way gates to insure the correct direction of travel -- also had a scoop at the end to shoot the ball back to the initial position when completed).

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Cappi.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/see-you-space-cowboy-cowboy-bebop-homebrew?tu=Cappi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.