Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Jherre6
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 2 years ago

I have a friend who is crossing his fingers one of the next Stern games is a Back to the Future. This is his first pin, and me only buying used, have no idea what to tell him. He wants a limited edition as it will probably be the only one he gets. How does that work securing one, a stern specifically?

I guess for my knowledge, what about other manufactures? I know some like spooky have clubs, or like Jersey Jack, you have to order on the button when released. Thanks for any input or advice as always!

#2 2 years ago

Recommend that he waits to see the game before dumping 9k into his “only” game. No one buys only one game. He could get two pros for the price of one LE.

#3 2 years ago

Tell him if it does happen, it’s not one of Stern’s titles this year. If he wants a game this year, look into something else.

#4 2 years ago

Jesus, BTTF would be amazing... never even thought of that one for a re-do!

#5 2 years ago
    Quoted from Khabbi:

Jesus, BTTF would be amazing... never even thought of that one for a re-do!

Is this missing the sarcasm emoji?

It's all people have been speculating about non-stop. They're getting their Deloreans and Mandolorians confused lol

#6 2 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Is this missing the sarcasm emoji?
    It's all people have been speculating about non-stop. They're getting their Deloreans and Mandolorians confused lol

LOL. nope. Chalk me up to not being on Pinside very much up until recently. Seriously.

#7 2 years ago

Your friend should talk to Stern distributors and tell them he wants a BttF LE if Stern releases one.

#8 2 years ago

He's a big BTTF nut, even has a delorean. He loves pinball, I just don't see him buying a ton of machines, and he'd really only be interested in this one if Stern does one.

Pros are ok, but look at ghostbusters, sometimes the premiums and LEs are way cooler than the Pros.

#9 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jherre6:

He's a big BTTF nut, even has a delorean. He loves pinball, I just don't see him buying a ton of machines, and he'd really only be interested in this one if Stern does one.
    Pros are ok, but look at ghostbusters, sometimes the premiums and LEs are way cooler than the Pros.

Premiums yes LEs not anymore

#10 2 years ago

Well thanks for all the remarks guys. I'll tell him to make some calls himself.

#11 2 years ago

I hope he gets it! That would be an awesome game to play! Best of luck!

#12 2 years ago
    Quoted from Zartan:

I hope he gets it! That would be an awesome game to play! Best of luck!

Thanks for being nice!

#13 2 years ago

good luck, lists are already a mile long most places I've checked and the game is still nothing more than a rumor. If he really wants one, tell him to keep saving and buy one off a flipper if it happens.

#14 2 years ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

good luck, lists are already a mile long most places I've checked and the game is still nothing more than a rumor. If he really wants one, tell him to keep saving and buy one off a flipper if it happens.

Thanks. That’s the info I was asking. What lists?

#15 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jherre6:

Thanks. That’s the info I was asking. What lists? And how does he get on one?

#16 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jherre6:

Thanks. That’s the info I was asking. What lists? And how does he get on one?

The lists of people interested in <game name here>. He calls a distributor, expresses interest, and asks to be put on the list. Every distributor is different. It’s up to him to convince the distributor he’s not a tire kicker.

First time buyer I think that will be challenging. Worth a shot though! Stern has a list of authorized distributors on their website.
    https://sternpinball.com/buy-a-game/

#17 2 years ago

Distros have a repeat buyer clientele that outnumbers the measly allotment of LEs. Before you get a opportunity all the regulars would have to decline. If the game is leaked/announced be ready with a non refundable deposit on a premium so they know you're serious. Might be able to trade for a LE later if its a must have.

#18 2 years ago

Great info. Thanks guys!!!! I’ll pass it along.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/securing-a-stern-le?hl=jherre6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.