• Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

0BB127EC-1C24-4B66-A042-0FECA498AD6B.gif
DB5F8099-14BD-45FE-AB2C-E454B2119752 (resized).jpeg

#1 5 months ago

My daughter was playing with a uv flashlight and noticed this on my JD. anyone else out there looked into the secret codes? I read somewhere there were checks to keep distributors in their lane. Share your secret codes here!

DB5F8099-14BD-45FE-AB2C-E454B2119752 (resized).jpeg
#2 5 months ago

There's an interesting blurb about it on the TZ IPDB page:

https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=2684

#3 5 months ago

Nice find, maybe thats where i picked up the distributor tidbit. I wonder if it’s random or in all games of the era. Not on my wh2o or fish tales (1992)
Could be it started right around the time they updated the sound card (TZ)
0BB127EC-1C24-4B66-A042-0FECA498AD6B.gif

#4 5 months ago

In the era of internet sales, the reason is even more passe than Pat Lawlor's comments. He said any pin sale these days is a good one so there's no limiting a distro's sales territory anymore. (Probably he said that during Pinball's downturn). But with internet sales, being able to sell to anyone anywhere, is it enforced some other way now or is it, distros for themselves?

#6 5 months ago

I've had it on TAF, TZ, and DW.

#7 5 months ago

My Popeye also. I think I've seen BSD with it too.

#8 5 months ago

No selling to anyone anywhere in Canada. The two distributors have territory and will not sell across it.

#10 5 months ago

They could do that back in the day, but now they can't stop chipping? Unbelievable.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside