Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 592 posts
  • 147 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by bearsfan27
  • Topic is favorited by 17 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6868.JPG
    IMG_6839.JPG
    IMG_6835.JPG
    IMG_6834.JPG
    IMG_0917.JPG
    IMG_0919.JPG
    IMG_0916.JPG
    IMG_0912.JPG
    IMG_0903.JPG
    IMG_0913.JPG
    IMG_0907.JPG
    IMG_0906.JPG
    IMG_0904.JPG
    IMG_0901.JPG
    IMG_0899.JPG
    IMG_0898.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Prefect.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#265 10 years ago
    Quoted from Gov:

LCA was running Saturday morning and it was a blast! I will have to keep an eye out for one. Last Action Hero was surprisingly fun.

I was going to post about Last Action Hero, too. The crane had issues but I thought it was a surprisingly fun game. The only thing that I didn't like about it was how bright the LEDs were but it looked worse when the lights were on on Sunday.

I was surprised by LCA, too. I played it Saturday and everything was working. I was surprised how much was packed into that game.

My list of games that I was impressed by that I hadn't played before or that much is:
    Black Rose (I liked it. The guy was selling it for 2k on Sunday but I am already capped)
    Champion Pub (definitely was more fun than what I thought it would be from playing Pinball Arcade)
    Dirty Harry (the side ramp thing was pretty hard)
    Indiana Jones (Williams version. I thought this was a lot of fun but it goes for maybe a little too much for me to ever get)
    High Speed
    Getaway
    Last Action Hero (I was pleasantly surprised by this game. The translate is worst than the Shadow's but it is a fun game)
    Monster Bash (This is a game that even non-pinheads would get into)
    Demolition Man (it was fun but it wasn't fast. I think the one I played wasn't setup to be fast)
    NBA Fastbreak (This I thought was surprisingly fun. Kind of simple but it was fun)
    Road Show (There was a lot in this game. I thought it was a pretty good game)
    Lights, Camera, Action (This is a really neat game even if it doesn't have a DMD)

The other thing that I took note of was how a lot of the machines played so much differently than the ones I have. The Judge Dredd that I played was very slow in comparison to mine. The BSD's ran the gambit. The one near the doors was ridiculous. I struggled to get anything going on that machine. The lighting flippings seem to make a big deal if they were a little weak or the playfield was steep enough to make it hard to get up the left ramp. The larger gap in the center to me at least played less of a role than if things were setup to make it hard to hit the left ramp.

#268 10 years ago
    Quoted from Jared:

My dredd and LAH were side by side. Thanks for playing. I will have to crank up and wax dredd...

Was that a custom cover you have on the JD crane? The LEDs looked nice on your JD. The greens in the translite looked really nice. The playfield looked great, too. The guy that I bought mine from loaded it up with older ones that do a lot of ghosting. The older LEDs I think are kind of worst than just incandescents. I would really like to load up my JD with LEDs to match yours and BSD as well to match what I saw but I am well past my quota on fun money.

#415 10 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

I doubt you were the only person to make that observation. Their games though, they can do what they like. I wonder if they got free blue arm bands and access to the party for those people that brought games though? They brought games, but they were unplayable. Did they get to participate in the world record?

My gut reaction to seeing how many games were off is that some people brought games and didn't want them played or played heavily or were saving it for the after party.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Prefect.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/secret-texas-pinball-festival-updates?tu=Prefect and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.