Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 592 posts
  • 147 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by bearsfan27
  • Topic is favorited by 17 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6868.JPG
    IMG_6839.JPG
    IMG_6835.JPG
    IMG_6834.JPG
    IMG_0917.JPG
    IMG_0919.JPG
    IMG_0916.JPG
    IMG_0912.JPG
    IMG_0903.JPG
    IMG_0913.JPG
    IMG_0907.JPG
    IMG_0906.JPG
    IMG_0904.JPG
    IMG_0901.JPG
    IMG_0899.JPG
    IMG_0898.JPG
    There are 592 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 12.
    #351 10 years ago

2001 was a a lot of fun. Thanks for bringing it.

#352 10 years ago
    Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

That LE was jacked up. The shaker motor was constantly on, and it tilted all the time during Multi-Ball. Now Zitt's LE around the corner was perfect!

Thanks. Mine was near mint before the show with only 100 or so plays.

What Did I dislike about the show?
    PinMirror's booth. Demo units you can't play? No thanks.
    You've lost a customer here.

#353 10 years ago
    Quoted from Zitt:

PinMirror's booth. Demo units you can play. No thanks.

Yeah that was bullshit. My friend wanted to play that Ironman so bad.

#354 10 years ago

Dude. My four year old wanted to play that Iron Man so freaking bad. I was wondering if I'd made an ass of myself, we walked up to it bright and early Saturday morning and the guy stopped us saying that they weren't for play. (Admittedly, I was nursing the remainder of the happy hour the night before...) I looked at him and told him that it didn't make any sense to have pinball machines at a pinball festival that you couldn't play pinball on.

Whoops. :/

#355 10 years ago
    Quoted from Zitt:

What Did I dislike about the show?PinMirror's booth. Demo units you can't play? No thanks.You've lost a customer here.

Zitt,

I was standing behind Steve Ritchie watching him play in amazement and looking over at you. That was an awesome experience for sure that I will always remember.

#356 10 years ago

Yeah, I brought my son up on Sunday. He wants me to get another Wolverine, so I took him to go play that one across from the Cointaker booth. He saw the Iron Man and Hulk over there at the Pinball Side Mirrors booth and wanted to play them, and I had to try to explain that those machines weren't here to be played. He flat asked me "why are they here, then?".....and I had no explanation. So we went and played Kim's Hulk and he was satisfied, because Kim is cool and brings nice new Sterns to play.

On a related note, I hope you are all planning on coming to my soon-to-be-opening art exhibit. I will have lots of paintings there that are not to be looked at.

#357 10 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

"why are they here, then?"

To show and sell their mirror blades installed in a game. That is how they display them.

I'm not sure why, but I'd venture to guess they are harder to see and sell them if people are playing the games and you can't get near them to see them.

LTG : )™

#358 10 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

To show and sell their mirror blades installed in a game. That is how they display them.
    I'm not sure why, but I'd venture to guess they are harder to see and sell them if people are playing the games and you can't get near them to see them.
    LTG : )™

Hang them up and let people try on hats in them, then. We all know the concept of what a mirror achieves.

#360 10 years ago

This is a picture of myself and Paul Faris. We had a great time talking pinball and playing my EM Night Rider. It was a great compliment when he said this was the best example of an EM Night Rider he had seen since the factory floor. He gave me an overview of all of the artwork as we played a few rounds. We spent probably 30 minutes just walking through time and discussing the different games and people in the artwork. It was interesting he said Night Rider was the true first sub-license pin because of the CB radio insignia.... Truly a fantastic guy. Great stories.

Copy of Paul_Faris.jpegCopy of Paul_Faris.jpeg
    #361 10 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

On a related note, I hope you are all planning on coming to my soon-to-be-opening art exhibit. I will have lots of paintings there that are not to be looked at.

Gambit and Marc's art gallery. Watch a two minute preview below.

#362 10 years ago

I remember playing that Video Pinball game, and I am the lucky guy who walked off with the $300 EBD. It needs much love, but it will be at TPF next year. Along with a few other pins...

#363 10 years ago

Does anyone know the gentleman who sold the Blue Chip pin? Amazing deal for $499... pristine non-faded original cab paint without a scratch, clean interior, perfect backglass and playfield (clear coated too). Just whoa!

#364 10 years ago
    Quoted from Mk1Mod0:

am the lucky guy who walked off with the $300 EBD.

Jealous.

#365 10 years ago
    Quoted from DocRotCod:

I was standing behind Steve Ritchie watching him play in amazement and looking over at you. That was an awesome experience for sure that I will always remember.

Steve really enjoys pinball and star trek... so it was a sur-real moment for sure. (assume your talking about the ST:MU pictures here:
    http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-mirror-universe-pinball/page/9#post-1554589
    ). It was also quite enjoyable to have him play my LE on the floor. Even if it came with scolding about my use of superbands and 5ball games. For me; it's not really worth it to run 3ball; as I'm not a competitive player. I play for the enjoyment of the story/themes.

#366 10 years ago

Haha yeah he looked back at me and mentioned something about the superbands.

#367 10 years ago

There were a few games at the show that were listed as being in the show, but were not turned on to play. That is always a bummer.

#368 10 years ago

***cough*** Big Bang Bar..***cough***

#369 10 years ago
    Quoted from Gov:

***cough*** Big Bang Bar..***cough***

!Fun

#370 10 years ago

Ya I liked the guy with the earpiece sitting in a chair right next to the game, staring anybody down that got near the game. Arms crossed and looking bad ass of course.

#371 10 years ago
    Quoted from Gov:

Ya I liked the guy with the earpiece sitting in a chair right next to the game, staring anybody down that got near the game. Arms crossed and looking bad ass of course.

I must of missed that. Sounds hilarious, anybody get a pic?

#373 10 years ago
    Quoted from Quiddity:

Dude. My four year old wanted to play that Iron Man so freaking bad. I was wondering if I'd made an ass of myself, we walked up to it bright and early Saturday morning and the guy stopped us saying that they weren't for play. (Admittedly, I was nursing the remainder of the happy hour the night before...) I looked at him and told him that it didn't make any sense to have pinball machines at a pinball festival that you couldn't play pinball on.
    Whoops. :/

I doubt you were the only person to make that observation. Their games though, they can do what they like. I wonder if they got free blue arm bands and access to the party for those people that brought games though? They brought games, but they were unplayable. Did they get to participate in the world record?

#374 10 years ago

Weren't the 80's awesome...

nancy-reagan-mr-t1.jpgnancy-reagan-mr-t1.jpg

#375 10 years ago

Not going to lie. I noticed no one was by them, and I hadn't been informed their machines were off limits. I dropped quarters into their Star Trek and played a game. They didn't say anything to me, but, as I was finishing my last ball, one of the guys started putting "for display only" signs on all of them.

#376 10 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

I doubt you were the only person to make that observation. Their games though, they can do what they like. I wonder if they got free blue arm bands and access to the party for those people that brought games though? They brought games, but they were unplayable. Did they get to participate in the world record?

Most shows that I know of will only give free admission or perks if a persons game is turned on for free play. It seems that most cases of games that are not open for free play are at vendors booths. If they have paid the vendors fee they can pretty much do as they please with their games....though I believe in most cases, letting people play does much more in the way of building a customer relationship that saying "hands off".

#379 10 years ago

Dood, I dont know about yall, but I had a blast!!! and picked up my 2nd pin. Not to mention that I got my wife to actually have a great time and tell me to start saving for WOZ

#382 10 years ago

dont get me wrong, she missed 3/4 of the show shopping for "purses and shoes"

#387 10 years ago

Brettbutler. I have a spare set of karate champ boards. I never used them and sold my game. PM me if you want them and I'll ship em to you.

#388 10 years ago
    Quoted from retired_user_101:

i was wondering who got it. can't wait to see what you do with it. please start a thread on it
    hopefully i don't miss it in all the new threads that pop up.
    wish i had a chance to meet you there.
    i drive past corpus all the time heading to bville to see fam.
    maybe can connect some time on one of the trips.
    cheers,
    bb

I was standing in the right place at the right time. I'll post pics in a few hours when I unpack the trailer. Was 9pm by the time we got back last night and I was DOA. It's pretty rough, but workable. It was tough standing by my little trailer hoping to offload my project Big Chief while watching those other machines come off and get snatched up by the vultures. When all was said and done, I was walking back from the head and asked what the EBD went for. He says he's got another in the truck. I look, and it's rough. Like as bad as my $500 pair of Space Invaders rough. I hem, I haw, I say I'll think about it and go back to my little trailer. His helper comes over and says he'll take $300 for it. SOLD!! We make it as complete as he had parts for and off it went. It's the only way I'll ever own one. We'll get a good look at it later, then it gets put up until the APP is complete. Then I'll start a thread with the SI and EBD projects together. Hope to bring both to the show next spring.

I love those guys. They sold me boards for my SI, the EBD, and some manuals and such for what I consider reasonable prices. I bought several of their playfields years ago for practicing restoration techniques on, one of which I just gave to Schertzpinball for part stripping. Being covered in dust is no detriment to the bargain hunters... it's what we live for.

A great show overall. Too many highlights. Very few complaints. I just wanted to talk with someone about the rottendog boards on display but the guy was never there.

Next year I aim to walk around and meet everyone at the swap meet. The best opportunity with good light and low noise. Now if only it had been warmer.... Kudos to the DFW pinball club that organized it all!

#389 10 years ago
    Quoted from retired_user_101:

hi,
    sorry for the late response.
    i went and talked to them about it.
    was a pretty funny conversation for a while... was kinda like, "Who's on first..." script.
    the end result was this:
    the physical machine is being built by someone else. that machine wasn't at the show.
    once it is built their software will run on it. it will initially come with "a game?" or "a few games?", but that you can add more. Didn't get an exactly clear comment on quantity of games for the initial product/purchase.
    Very friendly guys working the booth. I really liked talking with them, and they went out of their way to walk way over to another pin in the distance to go through some examples. THUMBS-UP for some cool guys working the show booth.
    hope that helps,
    bb

About what I'd expect based on what they've posted online but thanks for checking it out. The more people that ask them about it the better!

I've got The Pinball Arcade in my virtual cabinet already but they've promised second-screen translite and real DMD support and that's what I'm really waiting for.

#390 10 years ago
    Quoted from Zitt:

Steve really enjoys pinball and Star Trek... so it was a sur-real moment for sure. (assume your talking about the ST:MU pictures here:
    http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-mirror-universe-pinball/page/9#post-1554589
    ). It was also quite enjoyable to have him play my LE on the floor. Even if it came with scolding about my use of superbands and 5ball games. For me; it's not really worth it to run 3ball; as I'm not a competitive player. I play for the enjoyment of the story/themes.

That's strange. Didn't he comment that he would have had them specked on the game, had he known about them pre-release. I thought I saw that in his comments about the in depth review of the pin.

Your Booth was fantastic Zitt. The Mirror Universe was a thing of beauty.

#392 10 years ago

Zit your STLE had the smoothest warp ramp I have played on one. I wish the warp ramp on mine was like that, I actually hit warp 9 on yours. I have never gotten above warp six on mine and never more than two shots in a row. Guess that is what I get for buying a pro

#398 10 years ago
    Quoted from Zitt:

PinMirror's booth. Demo units you can't play? No thanks.

Agreed. The LE looked awesome with the mirrors, though. That (and a shaker) are day one purchases when I get my Premium.

It's funny....once you "see" a Stern Star Trek, you can't "un-see" it. Almost everything else, including WOZ, looked dim by comparison. Your TNG looked like it was running off of a dead 9-volt by comparison. There's no going back for me. A crowning achievement for Stern and Ritchie.

#399 10 years ago

The biggest secret I heard at TPF was Jack stating that WOZ 3.0 is finished code and they are now looking to spend more time on new games from jjp. I think that means no more code for WOZ.

There are 592 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 12.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/secret-texas-pinball-festival-updates/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.