Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 592 posts
  • 147 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by bearsfan27
  • Topic is favorited by 17 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6868.JPG
    IMG_6839.JPG
    IMG_6835.JPG
    IMG_6834.JPG
    IMG_0917.JPG
    IMG_0919.JPG
    IMG_0916.JPG
    IMG_0912.JPG
    IMG_0903.JPG
    IMG_0913.JPG
    IMG_0907.JPG
    IMG_0906.JPG
    IMG_0904.JPG
    IMG_0901.JPG
    IMG_0899.JPG
    IMG_0898.JPG
    There are 592 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 12.
    #251 10 years ago
    Quoted from retired_user_101:

Show's over
    Heading home

Thanks so much one of the best threads ever I truly appreciate the updates.

#252 10 years ago

Here's what I got.
    Grail pin
    Going next to these pins. see a pattern?

Vid-ja game based pinballs. Got a Defender too, do you?

#254 10 years ago

I just made it back from TPF, and it was certainly a good time.

I thought I'd share my experiences with Predator. I had a chance to play it not long after I arrived there on Friday night. They had the glow balls installed, and I felt like this made it quite a bit quicker than most games there. I'll definitely agree that you really had to work to keep things going. Short ball times for sure.

I was one of the players that lost their ball under the plastic near the rear right scoop. Of course it happened on my third ball. Right when I started to adapt to the flow of the game.

There was a point where I noticed the right flipper wouldn't stay up, making ball control difficult, but, when asked about that, one of the guys said that was a mode feature. Not sure which mode that was, though. Considering playtime was a bit short, I wasn't really able to flesh out more of the rule set.

I actually liked the dmd work they've done with this, but they did get a bit long winded. The movie clips they used looked a bit better than most other games that use movie clips.

The UV ramps looked good, but the lighting wasn't really conducive to getting the full effect.

All in all, the playfield art, for me, is the biggest issue with this being a hit.

#255 10 years ago

I just got home and I am exhausted. I will post some pics and some comments later. Tons of pinsiders in the house!

#257 10 years ago

That's Awesome !!!
    Post some pics when you get it.
    Glad to help get you connected with the seller.
    I played his other Iron Maiden on the floor.
    It is super cool. Reminds me of my old Haunted House with the upper playfield.
    Totally dig the several shooter bonus areas/ramps it has.
    Will post some pics of it so you have more reference of what he did.
    I kinda think he clear-coated the cab.

RK. Did you get the IM from Rob. I hope so. He wanted to sell it to me but I passed on it. He is an awesome guy and a great guy to deal with. He is very fair on the game. I was just not ready for another project.

Bill

#258 10 years ago

Im just tired. The Iron Maiden at the swap was damn tempting. Overall the show was awesome. Swap meet wes pretty good size and i sold a fair amount of parts.

Excellent Wedgehead row in the DFW pinball area

I got 340 plays on my Joker Poker and only 2 bulbs burned out

Watching Steve Ritchie play Zitts Star Trek at 1 in the morning was rockin.

Great hanging out with fellow pinheads

--Jeff

#259 10 years ago

Yeah, man. Those wedgeheads. So awesome. I fell in love with a few of those. King of Diamonds ftw.

#260 10 years ago

Here's what I got.
    Grail pin

Woah, those flippers are trippy, you should definitely make a gameplay video when you get it home.

#261 10 years ago
    Quoted from D_Struct:

There was a point where I noticed the right flipper wouldn't stay up, making ball control difficult, but, when asked about that, one of the guys said that was a mode feature. Not sure which mode that was, though.

I believe that mode is supposed to be shooting the minigun into the forest, and the point is that you can't trap, you're just in shoot shoot shoot shoot shoot mode, like the gun. Similar to WOZ's no hold flippers mode I guess.

#262 10 years ago

Here's what I got.
    Grail pin
    Going next to these pins. see a pattern?
    SMB
    Mr&mrs pacman
    TRON LE
    Space Invaders
    Joust
    SMB Mushroom World
    Yeah
    I only know of 4 of these.

image-385.jpg 229 KB

Sounds like you need a street fighter 2 as well.

#263 10 years ago

Awesome pin score, never seen Qbert in person. I still don't get your meal hint tho

#265 10 years ago
    Quoted from Gov:

LCA was running Saturday morning and it was a blast! I will have to keep an eye out for one. Last Action Hero was surprisingly fun.

I was going to post about Last Action Hero, too. The crane had issues but I thought it was a surprisingly fun game. The only thing that I didn't like about it was how bright the LEDs were but it looked worse when the lights were on on Sunday.

I was surprised by LCA, too. I played it Saturday and everything was working. I was surprised how much was packed into that game.

My list of games that I was impressed by that I hadn't played before or that much is:
    Black Rose (I liked it. The guy was selling it for 2k on Sunday but I am already capped)
    Champion Pub (definitely was more fun than what I thought it would be from playing Pinball Arcade)
    Dirty Harry (the side ramp thing was pretty hard)
    Indiana Jones (Williams version. I thought this was a lot of fun but it goes for maybe a little too much for me to ever get)
    High Speed
    Getaway
    Last Action Hero (I was pleasantly surprised by this game. The translate is worst than the Shadow's but it is a fun game)
    Monster Bash (This is a game that even non-pinheads would get into)
    Demolition Man (it was fun but it wasn't fast. I think the one I played wasn't setup to be fast)
    NBA Fastbreak (This I thought was surprisingly fun. Kind of simple but it was fun)
    Road Show (There was a lot in this game. I thought it was a pretty good game)
    Lights, Camera, Action (This is a really neat game even if it doesn't have a DMD)

The other thing that I took note of was how a lot of the machines played so much differently than the ones I have. The Judge Dredd that I played was very slow in comparison to mine. The BSD's ran the gambit. The one near the doors was ridiculous. I struggled to get anything going on that machine. The lighting flippings seem to make a big deal if they were a little weak or the playfield was steep enough to make it hard to get up the left ramp. The larger gap in the center to me at least played less of a role than if things were setup to make it hard to hit the left ramp.

#266 10 years ago
    Quoted from Prefect:

I was going to post about Last Action Hero, too. The crane had issues but I thought it was a surprisingly fun game. The only thing that I didn't like about it was how bright the LEDs were but it looked worse when the lights were on on Sunday.
    I was surprised by LCA, too. I played it Saturday and everything was working. I was surprised how much was packed into that game.
    My list of games that I was impressed by that I hadn't played before or that much is:
    Black Rose (I liked it. The guy was selling it for 2k on Sunday but I am already capped)
    Champion Pub (definitely was more fun than what I thought it would be from playing Pinball Arcade)
    Dirty Harry (the side ramp thing was pretty hard)
    Indiana Jones (Williams version. I thought this was a lot of fun but it goes for maybe a little too much for me to ever get)
    High Speed
    Getaway
    Last Action Hero (I was pleasantly surprised by this game. The translate is worst than The Shadow's but it is a fun game)
    Monster Bash (This is a game that even non-pinheads would get into)
    Demolition Man (it was fun but it wasn't fast. I think the one I played wasn't setup to be fast)
    NBA Fastbreak (This I thought was surprisingly fun. Kind of simple but it was fun)
    Road Show (There was a lot in this game. I thought it was a pretty good game)
    Lights, Camera, Action (This is a really neat game even if it doesn't have a DMD)
    The other thing that I took note of was how a lot of the machines played so much differently than the ones I have. The Judge Dredd that I played was very slow in comparison to mine. The BSD's ran the gambit. The one near the doors was ridiculous. I struggled to get anything going on that machine. The lighting flippings seem to make a big deal if they were a little weak or the playfield was steep enough to make it hard to get up the left ramp. The larger gap in the center to me at least played less of a role than if things were setup to make it hard to hit the left ramp.

My dredd and LAH were side by side. Thanks for playing. I will have to crank up and wax dredd...

#267 10 years ago
    Quoted from 1967Firebird:

Thanks so much one of the best threads ever I truly appreciate the updates.

I agree, epic thread Brett, thanks for doing it.

#268 10 years ago
    Quoted from Jared:

My dredd and LAH were side by side. Thanks for playing. I will have to crank up and wax dredd...

Was that a custom cover you have on the JD crane? The LEDs looked nice on your JD. The greens in the translite looked really nice. The playfield looked great, too. The guy that I bought mine from loaded it up with older ones that do a lot of ghosting. The older LEDs I think are kind of worst than just incandescents. I would really like to load up my JD with LEDs to match yours and BSD as well to match what I saw but I am well past my quota on fun money.

#269 10 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

I agree, epic thread Brett, thanks for doing it.

Yes. Thanks for this thread! It was a lot of fun to read.

#270 10 years ago
    Quoted from Classic_Stern:

RK. Did you get the IM from Rob. I hope so. He wanted to sell it to me but I passed on it. He is an awesome guy and a great guy to deal with. He is very fair on the game. I was just not ready for another project.
    Bill

Yep, got it from him! Good news his a good guy, always intimidating to buy something unseen... but with something rare like that, you have to move fast and trust the guy!

The wait will be long until the allentown show!

#271 10 years ago
    Quoted from Jared:

Nice machines, thanks for bringing them to the show and making them available for play. Really enjoyed the LAH, so much so, that we watched the movie tonight

#272 10 years ago

I am watching Last Action Hero right now. I have officially run out of things to watch on Netflix, but it is a pretty fun movie. (It was driving me insane as to where I had seen the ginger bad guy before, finally realized he is from Game of Thrones.) have never played the pin but hope to someday.

Thanks so much for this thread and to everyone reporting back to those of us stuck at home living vicariously!

#273 10 years ago
    Quoted from blondetall:

I am watching Last Action Hero right now. I have officially run out of things to watch on Netflix, but it is a pretty fun movie. (It was driving me insane as to where I had seen the ginger bad guy before, finally realized he is from Game of Thrones.) have never played the pin but hope to someday.
    Thanks so much for this thread and to everyone reporting back to those of us stuck at home living vicariously!

He has great parts in Alien 3 and Golden Child as well. I've always thought he was WAY under rated.

#274 10 years ago
    Quoted from Mk1Mod0:

Played it last night. Weirdest damn thing I have ever seen.

Yep, played it Friday night. I think his card said "entertaining offers" if I'm not mistaken. You must have sent a lady of the night to his room .

IMO, it just didn't do that much for me other than the fact that it is Qbert and to this day, I still have the stuffed Qbert with squeaker nose in the attic from my childhood. I think there was even a cartoon IIRC.

In any event, thanks so much for doing this thread.

#275 10 years ago

Had a great time! Fantastic games and great people!

I have posted two episodes of Coast 2 Coast Pinball recapping the two main days of the shows. Interviews and some session clips from Gary Stern, Skit-B Pinball, Multimorphic, and many more! Full trip report will be in an episode later this week.

www.coast2coastpinball.com
    https://www.facebook.com/coast2coastpinball
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/coast-2-coast-pinball/id665142229?mt=2#

#276 10 years ago

Stuck around for the raffle of Star Trek, Didn't win, of course...But this is truly a fantastic show as everyone else has stated!! Great variety and quality of machines...The MM remake was great and played better than the 2 or 3 original machines that they had there...Had to say it and, NO I am not on the list for the remake...still might pick one up after release..

p

#277 10 years ago

I had a blast. Special thanks to the organizers for a great show. Thanks to all the vendors for coming. Thanks to everyone who brought games. I saw lots of friends and made several new ones. Our little "ArkLaTex Pinball Cub" area had lots of play. The giant bottle of hand gel was our most popular item.

Thanks to the big Stern presence. They were everywhere interacting with the collectors. Jersey Jack too. Your presence at the show is really appreciated.

One last special thanks to Gary for this picture. I told him this was my "pretty please" shirt. To abbreviate his response, they want the theme as much as we do, but licensing it is complicated.

image-3.jpgimage-3.jpg
    #280 10 years ago
    Quoted from Prefect:

Was that a custom cover you have on the JD crane? The LEDs looked nice on your JD. The greens in the translite looked really nice. The playfield looked great, too. The guy that I bought mine from loaded it up with older ones that do a lot of ghosting. The older LEDs I think are kind of worst than just incandescents. I would really like to load up my JD with LEDs to match yours and BSD as well to match what I saw but I am well past my quota on fun money.

JD people call it "The Crane Mod". - http://www.pinballdecals.com/JD_CraneModUpgradePage.html

Thank you so much. I have kept my JD a secret for TPF. Now that everyone had seen it I am going to make a new thread for it to document the built as I have plans to go max-out with it and make it as nice or better than PinRob's.

I dont like "kits" so I made my own, as usual. I used cointaker non ghosting premiums in the machine, which are about the most expensive you will buy. I believe you can see the difference. The translite was a custom deal too, I think I nailed it with the colors. I will go into more detail on all that in it's own dedicated thread. Really honored that you would like to make your JD look like mine.

Quoted from omac:

Nice machines, thanks for bringing them to the show and making them available for play. Really enjoyed the LAH, so much so, that we watched the movie tonight

LAH is such a freaking under-rated game. I was offered $2500 for mine as it sat on the floor, and I declined the offer.

#281 10 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

One last special thanks to Gary for this picture. I told him this was my "pretty please" shirt. To abbreviate his response, they want the theme as much as we do, but licensing it is complicated.

image-3.jpg 155 KB

Are you saying that it is a no go, or...?

#282 10 years ago
    Quoted from Prefect:

black rose is fun....but it gets old pretty quick. i owned one, played it, sold it, and haven't missed it a bit.

nba fastbreak, IMO, is a vastly underrated pin. i enjoy the alternate scoring, the funky layout, and the ability to go for a high score with any given team....it's on my must have list, but i just haven't been able to score one for a reasonable price yet. great pin/great fun, IMO.

as for BSD.....man, i miss mine. i'll get another one someday.....awesome pin and so so soooooooo unforgiving.

#285 10 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

That's about as much confirmation as you are going to get that Led Zeppelin is Stern's next music pin.

#286 10 years ago

yeah...
    hey you were at the show right?
    i've been trying to connect with you at 2 shows now (i think). hehehe...

Next year! Or in Houston if you go to that show?

Those two nba fast breaks that we're wired in to each other stole the show for my group. Best head to head game ever. I think they sold as a pair as well?

#288 10 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

I had a blast. Special thanks to the organizers for a great show. Thanks to all the vendors for coming. Thanks to everyone who brought games. I saw lots of friends and made several new ones. Our little "ArkLaTex Pinball Cub" area had lots of play. The giant bottle of hand gel was our most popular item.
    Thanks to the big Stern presence. They were everywhere interacting with the collectors. Jersey Jack too. Your presence at the show is really appreciated.

image-3.jpg 155 KB

Thanks for bringing Banzai Run. My bank account might be mad at you but wow that was a rocking game.

#292 10 years ago

My favorite pins of the show.

Iron Maiden
    Quicksilver - I will be looking for one of these!
    Star Gazer
    Sea Witch......I am starting to see a pattern.....
    Lights, Camera, Action
    P3.....really impressive and has TONS of potential.
    Centaur...I will own one someday
    Tron....finally got the hang of it.
    Gillian's Island....yes I actually liked it.
    Last Action Hero
    Playball
    No Fear
    Xmen LE
    Avengers LE .....I may have been wrong about this one. The one by the doors was set up really well.
    Slick Chick.

I am sure I am forgetting something.

#294 10 years ago

is that blondetall on the left ?

backglass-1.jpeg 43 KB

Haha! I thought the same thing.

My surprise favorite games in order:

NBA Fast Break
    Banzai Run
    Black knight 2000
    Starship Troopers
    F14

I spent more time on those five than all others combined.

#296 10 years ago

Nice pic of Dirty Donny playing Metallica in my booth.

image-265.jpgimage-265.jpg

Also John Borg and BNLs Ed Robertson's 'epic' game. Ed won, I think they were trying to see who could get the lowest score.

image-847.jpgimage-847.jpg

#297 10 years ago

Who bought the Hercules pin for 5k? I'm surprised it didn't win a ribbon this year. It won best in show at Houston last November I believe.

#298 10 years ago

Kim Keist from http://www.kimballspinballs.com entertaining the King of Pinball. Is he giving the thumbs up to Steve or maybe it's my shooter rod I made him. It was an honor to watch Steve play, he's got style.

image-35.jpgimage-35.jpg

#299 10 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Who bought the Hercules pin for 5k? I'm surprised it didn't win a ribbon this year. It won best in show at Houston last November I believe.

Pinballz arcade

#300 10 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

It's going to Pinbalz 2nd location in Buda. Will not be back at the shows.

There are 592 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 12.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/secret-texas-pinball-festival-updates/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.