Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 592 posts
  • 147 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by bearsfan27
  • Topic is favorited by 17 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6868.JPG
    IMG_6839.JPG
    IMG_6835.JPG
    IMG_6834.JPG
    IMG_0917.JPG
    IMG_0919.JPG
    IMG_0916.JPG
    IMG_0912.JPG
    IMG_0903.JPG
    IMG_0913.JPG
    IMG_0907.JPG
    IMG_0906.JPG
    IMG_0904.JPG
    IMG_0901.JPG
    IMG_0899.JPG
    IMG_0898.JPG
    There are 592 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 12.
    #451 10 years ago

Nice to be able to play that Alien Poker in the last photo anytime I want now.

#453 10 years ago

A Virtual Zizzle? Damn.

#458 10 years ago

That gun game got a ton of play. There was somebody on it everytime I walked by.....and I spent a lot of time on that row of EM's.

Also Diamond lady is one ugly pin.

#461 10 years ago
    Quoted from retired_user_101:

interesting...

IMG_3786.JPG 160 KB

IMG_3787.JPG 219 KB

Does anybody have an info about this small virtual machine? I meant to ask somebody about it on the floor, but must have been distracted by a flickering light (I'm like a moth).

#462 10 years ago
    Quoted from MapleSyrup:

Does anybody have an info about this small virtual machine? I meant to ask somebody about it on the floor, but must have been distracted by a flickering light (I'm like a moth).

I actually played it and talked to the guy who built it. It's just a virtual pin running pin mame. It was cool having all those tables to play. He said the playfield is a 20" widescreen (looked more like a 32" to me). The only problem, is the scaling didn't seem quite right as the tables seem somewhat squished down a little from back of the playfield to the front if that makes sense.

#463 10 years ago
    Quoted from MapleSyrup:

That's Brad Blocker's machine. He's brought it to the last few TPFs and Houston shows. He picked up a used Zizzle pin for cheap and made that with it. I know he's helped a few others make similar mini virtual pins as well.

Rusty

#464 10 years ago

There was a monster bash there that had an add-on creature, wolfman, and ghost. Anybody know who owns that machine? I'd be curious where he got some of those mods.

#466 10 years ago
    Quoted from DocRotCod:

There was a Monster Bash there that had an add-on creature, wolfman, and ghost. Anybody know who owns that machine? I'd be curious where he got some of those mods.

Was that the gorgeous MB to the right of the gorgeous BSD? If so, that was Pinsider ulmpharmd.

#469 10 years ago
    Quoted from Jared:

» YouTube video

Love the time lapse!

#470 10 years ago

lots more pix...

mmmm Red Tent
    if only i had the room

Back to the 80's 80's 80's

mystery man

213321-i.jpg213321-i.jpg

This is what I got stuck behind in traffic going home from work a few months back. No joke, this was literally driving down the highway. Odd but in a pretty cool sort of way.

Delorean.jpgDelorean.jpg

#472 10 years ago

this was fun.
    put in a nickel, and push in to start game and it resets all the puzzle pieces to stand up so you can't see the picture.
    you get to choose how far back to pull the shooter and launch the ball.
    you get 10 balls per game.

I have a restored Hal O'Rouke Rockola Jigsaw. It is a great game and a lot of fun. Mine is in pristine shape and Hal (who sadly passed away) was a great restorer of these games. The game was built to commemorate the 1933 Chicago World Fair. The picture in the puzzle is of that World's fair and built during that time.

If you look closely mine has a beefed up metal around the game puzzle and a heavy duty metal around the shooter rod. Hal said that this was probably an earlier model and not many were made this way as they changed the design to the other metal to save costs. He said he ad only seen one or two others done this way in the whole time he restored the games.

Your game was definitely not the norm - I actually did it once but usually most people never complete the puzzle and I haven't completed the puzzle too often.

The pictures on this site are of my game.

http://rockola.buckwerx.com/jigsaw.html

wholegame.jpgwholegame.jpg
    #473 10 years ago

Really cool time lapse! Thanks for creating that.

#476 10 years ago

Does anyone know how many people attended this year's show?

#477 10 years ago
    Quoted from BooyaNY:

Does anyone know how many people attended this year's show?

I have no idea but next year I will personally count them. "ahhh one , ahhh two, ahhh three, *crunch*"

#479 10 years ago
    Quoted from Jared:

» YouTube video

Very cool!

#480 10 years ago

great job on the time lapse video!

#481 10 years ago

great thread, great event.

#482 10 years ago
    Quoted from Wotto:

great thread, great event.

great community

#484 10 years ago

It's so cool how Gorf seems to be universally loved.

Try... again... SPACE... CA-DET!

#486 10 years ago
    Quoted from Arcade:

Nice to be able to play that Alien Poker in the last photo anytime I want now.

Anytime, huh? LOL! You may have to check with my wife first, but I'm OK with yall coming out anytime. And Conner, if you're reading this, thanks for the deal on that. It cleaned up quite well, and that was just a good once over.

#487 10 years ago

Hercules has landed in Austin

Guess what ill be playing sat night?

--Jeff

#493 10 years ago

Looks like an awesome show, thanks for posting ALL those pix!

#494 10 years ago

LOL pictures of the iron man and Star Trek they wouldn't let people play. That was the only iron man at the show too. Bummed me out!

#495 10 years ago

I loved the Tron LE at elevation games booth. I got 105 mil and almost completed sea of simulation. Beat my best Tron score by 75 mil lol.

#496 10 years ago
    Quoted from Gov:

I loved the TRON LE at elevation games booth. I got 105 mil and almost completed sea of simulation. Beat my best Tron score by 75 mil lol.

I love that TRON too Need to get it set back up at home!

#497 10 years ago

Yeah, I had a blast playing that Tron. First time to reach Sea of Simulation. Of course, that was where I fell apart. lol

#498 10 years ago

Gotta say. After looking at all the pics and posts, I'm jealous. Pinball Expo is the biggest show I've been too. Those that have been to both, is TPF the new gold standard for pinball shows? I want to travel next year to a show outside my driving area and experience something new. What say you?

#499 10 years ago
    Quoted from PinManV:

is TPF the new gold standard for pinball shows

It wasn't before? =P

#500 10 years ago
    Quoted from PinManV:

Gotta say. After looking at all the pics and posts, I'm jealous. Pinball Expo is the biggest show I've been too. Those that have been to both, is TPF the new gold standard for pinball shows? I want to travel next year to a show outside my driving area and experience something new. What say you?

Expo is cool, but it's not that huge when it comes to just straight games. How many were at Texas? Is there a count? Curious to see Pin-A-Go-Go next month, there were 300 machines last year.

There are 592 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 12.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/secret-texas-pinball-festival-updates/page/10 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.