6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 35 posts
  • 26 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by accidental
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 6 years ago

I discovered on FG, if you hit Stewie on the skill shot, you get 1m points.

What are some other unadvertised skill shots on other games?

#2 6 years ago

On Tron, if you plunge lightly and miss the Arcade scoop so that the ball rolls over the Zen switch, and then hit the left ramp you'll be awarded 250,000 points as a skill shot.

#3 6 years ago

on Funhouse ... Rudys hideout - not sure if that is posted in the rules.

#4 6 years ago

There's a Super Skill shot after Optimus' RH leg and before the rollovers on TF.

Both AFM and MM have the "hold LH flipper button / ball makes full orbit / everything lit for a jackpot" skill shots.

Later,
    EV

#5 6 years ago

Congo > avoid the bank of 3 standups and go for the left outlane kickback instead.

#6 6 years ago

Baywatch, select the shark hole skill shot but don't use the shark flipper and let the ball go down to the lower right flipper and shoot up the tower.

#7 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Congo > avoid the bank of 3 standups and go for the left outlane kickback instead.

I like that one. It's close enough to be discovered by accident, but still unadvertised.

#8 6 years ago
    Quoted from mwong168:

Baywatch, select the shark hole skill shot but don't use the shark flipper and let the ball go down to the lower right flipper and shoot up the tower.

I didn't know about that one and I had a Baywatch for a bit.

#9 6 years ago

POTC with the super skill shot and super duper skill shots for short plunging and shooting behind the left treasure target for 3 million and then if it goes across the playfield and behind the right treasure target without hitting another switch for a super duper skill shot another 10 million.

#10 6 years ago

On BBB, a soft plunge then flip with the upper flipper to the "underground" (upper loop).

Didn't know about the POTC super skill shots though!

#11 6 years ago
    Quoted from SilverBallz:

I discovered on FG, if you hit Stewie on the skill shot, you get 1m points.
    What are some other unadvertised skill shots on other games?

I thought the FGY one was to the top flipper and into the monkey jp shot, not stewie?

#12 6 years ago

on CftBL, if you time your [full] plunge correctly to get all 4 letters of K-I-S-S and then immediately hit the slide shot, you get a bonus of 4M (I believe)

#13 6 years ago

Tron plunge for GEM switch. I've actualled rolled over it and back and it started it some how

#14 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

and if the kickback goes into the hole you get a combo bonus on top of it

#15 6 years ago

yeah, but no real skill in the Congo kickback to hole combo...

I did get a new combo bonus the other day and have not been able to repeat it since. I think it went... plunge to left lane kickback > hole> to right flipper > to left ramp (MAP diverter up)> to left flipper > volcano. I think it requires the plunge and hole in the beginning to get some super combo??? Really not sure, but I know I heard a new callout and glanced up at teh DMD just long enough to see something about ".... Combo"

Still learning the finer points of the game.

#16 6 years ago
    Quoted from Eskaybee:

I thought the FGY one was to the top flipper and into the monkey jp shot, not stewie?

It is the monkey shot.

#17 6 years ago
    Quoted from Mateui:

On Tron, if you plunge lightly and miss the Arcade scoop so that the ball rolls over the Zen switch, and then hit the left ramp you'll be awarded 250,000 points as a skill shot.

Best skill shot (there's three, I think) is hold down the left flipper on plunge, then the outer loop gate will drop and you can use the upper flipper to hit the right ramp for 300k skill shot. (then combo that into the arcade to collect 500k additional plus lit arcade bonus).

#18 6 years ago
    Quoted from LesManley:

It is the monkey shot.

Ya. I love that skill shot. So hard to do without hitting death or F in fart.

#19 6 years ago

It is not a skill shot but, on Demoman there is a "secret jackpot." When you begin a multiball reach up and press the thumb button on the handle for a twenty (not sure if the value changes) million "secret jackpot." Thanks to Triadwatch for pointing this out at a tournament.

#20 6 years ago
    Quoted from LesManley:

POTC with the super skill shot and super duper skill shots for short plunging and shooting behind the left treasure target for 3 million and then if it goes across the playfield and behind the right treasure target without hitting another switch for a super duper skill shot another 10 million.

this shot it fun, but can you really aim to get it? I just get it by mistake

#21 6 years ago
    Quoted from EchoVictor:

Both AFM and MM have the "hold LH flipper button / ball makes full orbit / everything lit for a jackpot" skill shots.

Played MM a million times and didn't know about this one until my wife told me about it recently. It was written on the rule card - who reads those things?!

#22 6 years ago

AC/DC has the same thing coming out of the jukebox really fast to the flippers if you hols in the left flipper, double VIP!
    Elvis has the soft drop to the flippers and hit the flashing drop target.

#23 6 years ago
    Quoted from Jeremecium:

Demoman there is a "secret jackpot."

Do you know to thumb it on the 2nd or 3rd? retina scan? that one's the best!

#24 6 years ago
    Quoted from EchoVictor:

RFM also has this, not sure about SWE1 though but probably.

#25 6 years ago
    Quoted from DNO:

AC/DC has the same thing coming out of the jukebox really fast to the flippers if you hols in the left flipper, double VIP!

I believe this only works while holding the right flipper button.

#26 6 years ago

Whirlwind.. not really a secret skill shot per se',
    -Plunge the ball avoiding the Skill shot drop targets and all other switches
    -Trap the ball on the right flipper
    -Attempt the Sweeping Skill shot for max drop target skill shot points.

#27 6 years ago

Scared Stiff. Plunge the spider.

#29 6 years ago
    Quoted from RTS:

DNO said:

Quoted from RTS:

I believe this only works while holding the right flipper button.

yes,RIGHT flipper button is correct

#30 6 years ago

BDK also has the hold left flipper for a chance to light one of the mulitpliers

#31 6 years ago

wpt has a goofy million plus skill shot...but there is a light for it on the plunge so it's not exactly secret. It's such a quirky shot though that it's kinda cool I guess

#32 6 years ago

Corvette's super skill shot is enabled by pressing L,L,R,L,L before you plunge the ball. It will then open a diverter so the ball goes to the upper flipper, and if you hit either the loop or the ramp, you'll get the super skill shot award. I kind of hated it because it felt like I was entering a cheat code or something.

#33 6 years ago
    Quoted from mummite:

this shot it fun, but can you really aim to get it? I just get it by mistake

You can aim for the super skill shot, but the super duper is mostly based on how level and at what angle your game is. Some games it works alot, others it is near impossible depending on the set ups.

#34 6 years ago

Also on the MM super skill shot when you make it successfully it activates a 1 million point hurryup as well. You get ten of those hurry ups completed and you get an extra ball light. Critical if you want to reach Battle for the Kingdom consistently. The downside to the super kill shot is that the ball saver time is quite short...don't flail away trying to make a shot as the timer is going down because if you brick too late you just had a wasted turn.

#35 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

This one is cool. It's the 'super skill shot', right? I also like that, if dialled in right, the kickback can then fire the ball right into the award scoop for a 'kickback combo'.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 1,000.00
    Playfields
    Pinball Playfields
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    Playfield - Plastics
    Mod Magic!
    £ 58.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Sillyoldelf Mods
    $ 9.00
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 11.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 29.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 25.99
    Playfield - Other
    Lee's Parts
    $ 9.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 20.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 9,995.00
    Pinball Machine
    Flip N Out Pinball
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 5,899.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 156.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 69.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 40.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Arcade Arts
    $ 24.25
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside