(Topic ID: 159919)

Secret Service owners club - all are welcome!

By s1500

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 347 posts
  • 63 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 months ago by monkfe
  • Topic is favorited by 26 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1197 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1202 (resized).jpeg
Eater2 (resized).png
balleater (resized).jpg
A13B6D43-5DC0-42EA-97F7-0263BCEE514D (resized).jpeg
DB7FB381-4EC1-4519-8393-558716195E0D (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
20211202_175140 (resized).jpg
DE older (resized).jpg
DE newest (resized).jpg
20211111_160057_resized (resized).jpg
20211111_155558_resized (resized).jpg
WIN_20211028_11_48_25_Pro (resized).jpg
WIN_20211025_19_41_54_Pro (resized).jpg
29B4C6E1-8ECE-4069-9759-798CD7B3FC36 (resized).jpeg
7F40A64F-79AE-4BF9-820A-A8F69A2D4825 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wayout440.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#18 6 years ago

Just joined the club yesterday. Can't wait to dive in!

Quoted from amkoepfer:

Curious if anyone knows hoe the topper is controlled. Mine isnt working, bulbs are all good in them. I have the connector underneath connected, what fuse does it go to? Is #89 bulbs correct? 12v or 18v? I dont have a schematic handy, but i tried looking it up and cant find anything on the topper. Thanks for any help

Yes #89 bulbs. These are connected in pairs to flash lamps on the playfield. Pg 22 in the manual gives a handy diagram. There's nothing really unique about topper control. All the flash lamps are run through ballast resistors on the mega resistor board on the last page of the manual. In fact, I'll be working on my topper as well, because that's one of the items not working on my new project.

unnamed (resized).jpgunnamed (resized).jpg

#19 6 years ago

My first cosmetic repair while waiting for a parts order. My speaker grills were punctured and damaged. I found Darice plastic canvas mesh at a local craft store for less than a buck a sheet.

IMG_20170628_153935646 (resized).jpgIMG_20170628_153935646 (resized).jpg

#20 6 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

Just joined the club yesterday. Can't wait to dive in!

Yes #89 bulbs. These are connected in pairs to flash lamps on the playfield. Pg 22 in the manual gives a handy diagram. There's nothing really unique about topper control. All the flash lamps are run through ballast resistors on the mega resistor board on the last page of the manual. In fact, I'll be working on my topper as well, because that's one of the items not working on my new project.

I fixed the topper - found a couple of cracked connector pins on the underside of the mega resistor board. I don't know exactly which one because there were about 3 cracked pin solder joints and they were on different connectors. I also had 9 of 10 bad bulbs!

#21 6 years ago

Have parts on order to rebuild the drain post, just looking for a pic of spring placement on a working unit to make sure I get it right.

#22 6 years ago

All 100% now. Just some cosmetics to address in the future. Fast game!

19247861_10211256665390085_2399571616437954560_n (resized).jpg19247861_10211256665390085_2399571616437954560_n (resized).jpg

1 year later
#34 5 years ago
Quoted from stlmo:

Having to part with my secret service. Interested in what fair value is. Brand new alpha numeric display. Ramp plays fine but not in great shape. Have replacement plastic for capital. Any suggestions for fair price. I have like 1500 into it but had it a while and had a blast with it.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Without seeing in person based on pictures and this small bit of description, i would say it's probably valued around $1200.

1 month later
#44 5 years ago
Quoted from Jen1015:

I have a ss game that the up post in-between the 2 front flippers won't stay down. It tries to pop down but doesn't seem to catch. Every great once in a while it will catch and stay down, but mostly just pops back up again. Does anyone know what might be the problem?
[quoted image]

Try adjusting the spring tension on the cam. The alternator plastic cams wear though, mine needed to be replaced. Finding them can be difficult. I bought the last one that Action Pinball had in stock.

1 month later
#65 5 years ago

Does anyone else think they would be trying to clean off the fingerprint on that shooter rod, as it looks like it is dirty? I know I've left a fingerprint or two around past projects when I've gotten paint or glue on my hands. I'll bet if I look in my toolboxes I might find a handle with a fingerprint. Wallah, customized!

1 month later
#97 5 years ago
Quoted from jjoravec:

How much can you pick up a Secret Service for these days? Possibly looking to get one.

That's a tough call in the market these days. It's a rather uncommon game with a fairly low production. A recent Ebay auction on one that needed repair went for around $850. Pinside average is $1100. One on sale on Pinside is $2200 and one on Ebay is (ridiculously) $4444.44

Mine is not for sale, but hypothetically: It's fully working but not perfect cosmetically. I would accept no less than $1500 for it. Soooooo, my personal analysis would be about $900-$2000 depending on condition. If you can find one.

6 months later
#150 4 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

Gotta say, really fast game!

Yes!

Quoted from RonSS:

At what point does the "Get Smart" music play? Haven't had much time to really dig in, but haven't heard it yet.

During multiball shoot for jackpot.

Quoted from RonSS:

2) My ball eater doesn't hold the ball long. It will catch it, pull it down, and then spit it back out. Is this correct, or I do I need to take a look at it?

Check ball eater hold coil, switches and mechanisms/spring. I have not had to service this item, I'm just looking at the mechanical drawing. If need be I can open my game up this weekend and take a closer look at it for you.

Quoted from RonSS:

d} My star rollover doesn't seem to register. Should it score all the time, or only during certain situations? I don't want to break something that's already fixed.

Put the game in switch test and use the ball to roll over the star rollover, not your finger. It should register every time, if not - clean and regap is the most often used solution.

3 weeks later
#157 4 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

Have a little time to finally look into my SecServ. I have no 3 ball action. The eater seems ok, but underneath I noticed a switch with only 1 green wire. The other blade has nothing. I'll just assume this makes no sense.
Any ideas? I'll go to the manual next, but a lot of pages are so tiny the print is unreadable even with a magnifying glass.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

The eater has two switches. The column wire is green with red stripe on both switches. I can't see for certain in your pic because I cannot make out the stripe. Eater #1 switch has row wire that is a white wire /orange stripe, eater #2 switch has row wire that is a white wire with yellow stripe. Both of those colors of wires are in the photo above your finger in the last pic. If you can't find it, take a closer look and let me know, I'll check my game at home later to tell you more.

#166 4 years ago
Quoted from Shenanigander:

I have not been able to get the plunge even remotely consistent up the ramp.
Any suggestions?

This can be finicky, try your shooter adjustment. Slightly left or right spin, or a little more top hit often improves the consistency of the plunge up the ramp.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
2,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, OH
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Wichita, KS
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wayout440.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/secret-service-owners-club-all-are-welcome?tu=wayout440 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.