(Topic ID: 159919)

Secret Service owners club - all are welcome!

By s1500

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 347 posts
  • 63 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 months ago by monkfe
  • Topic is favorited by 26 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1197 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1202 (resized).jpeg
Eater2 (resized).png
balleater (resized).jpg
A13B6D43-5DC0-42EA-97F7-0263BCEE514D (resized).jpeg
DB7FB381-4EC1-4519-8393-558716195E0D (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
20211202_175140 (resized).jpg
DE older (resized).jpg
DE newest (resized).jpg
20211111_160057_resized (resized).jpg
20211111_155558_resized (resized).jpg
WIN_20211028_11_48_25_Pro (resized).jpg
WIN_20211025_19_41_54_Pro (resized).jpg
29B4C6E1-8ECE-4069-9759-798CD7B3FC36 (resized).jpeg
7F40A64F-79AE-4BF9-820A-A8F69A2D4825 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider monkfe.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#174 4 years ago

Hi guys, can someone tell me the switch #44 upper ramp switch part number...helping a friend out with his machine and someone put the wrong switch in...also what type of hardware is used to attach it...ty

#176 4 years ago

they put an entirely wrong switch in...can I see a pic of your arm....that may help a bit

#178 4 years ago

Thank you...does the back of the switch have a small tab to keep the wire from entering the ramp ball area?

#179 4 years ago
Quoted from TecumsehPlissken:

[quoted image][quoted image]

actually thats the wrong switch...this one......and that the wrong switch...

secretser3 (resized).jpgsecretser3 (resized).jpg
#181 4 years ago

ok if thats the correct one I'll let him know ty again

2 months later
#200 4 years ago

Looking for a set of plastics myself...reach out if anyone has any for sale...

#201 4 years ago

....and need a new ramp too...are these unobtainable?

2 weeks later
#202 4 years ago

Can someone shoot a few pics of the main wire ramp, specifically where it mounts to the playfield at the center and to the right as well. Past owner did some bad repairs to fix it and I dont have the original pieces and no pics of the mounting area. And if you're really adventurous, a measurement of how high the ramp is off of the playfield in the center. Thanks gents

#204 4 years ago

Thanks, but yes, I really need a shot of the mounting point that mates to the playfield, looks like it goes straight down in the last pic, not sure on the anchor point near the capitol building.

#206 4 years ago

That makes sense actually, it appears on my machine the former owner placed a makeshift support near the capitol, but I don't see a weld point. If you can get me shot under the plastic by the mount that would be great!

#210 4 years ago
Quoted from packie1:

Are you talking where the ramp meets under the White House? You keep saying Capital which is in the center of the playfield. These pics are of the area under the white house.
Mike[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

The area I need a pic of is at the upper right of the playfield, my white house area is all good. There should be a single support coming from the playfield there(right at the turn/switch). Previous owner put a makeshift support near the capitol building (actually more to the right under a plastic) so I thought there was a support there too. Thanks for the effort though!

#211 4 years ago
Quoted from Aflacjack:

Was a member. Sold the machine and it was rethemed. I bought it, so am a member again, sorta[quoted image][quoted image]

Yeah he did a great job on this...I Purchased one to do the same with. If anyone else plans on doing this, reach out to me and maybe we can collaborate on ideas. I have a bunch of stuff going on now.

#213 4 years ago
Quoted from packie1:

Okay how about this?
Mike[quoted image][quoted image]

Yes that's the spot. It looks like just a straight run to the bottom. Any chance of a shot under the plastic? If too much hassle, I'll figure it out. TY

7 months later
#231 3 years ago

My retheme coming along nicely...thought I'd share...

20200910_155642 (resized).jpg20200910_155642 (resized).jpg20200927_170607 (resized).jpg20200927_170607 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#239 3 years ago
Quoted from MarZ_78:

Anyone know where I can buy a new "44 Top Right (Ramp) Switch "?
Another question: I've seen an intermittent issue with power up and wondering if anyone has also seen it. Occasionally when the game is first powered up (normally we shut off game when done playing) the lights come on (playfield, backbox, display *just dashes), but no audio and game never "fully" boots to the point where it's ready to play. Ultimately it always boots up after leaving it on for 5-15 mins or toggling the power switch a couple times.
Not sure if this is related, but also noticed that sometimes after a power cycle, the game just gives free ball after free ball. Doesnt even show what ball you're on. *This game might be haunted.

an alternative to the ramp switch might be a MRS switch ...reach out to sonic he makes them for various machines, some with custom mounts (shadow comes to mind). It has a very similar location (on the wireform) It has a diode built in and would plug right into the matrix as a direct replacement.

1 month later
#255 3 years ago

Better than the original for sure....

5 months later
#263 2 years ago

Can someone confirm the hanger measurement ...got mine mixed up and not sure what's supposed to be in there...thos one measures 2 1/8inches as pictured

20210619_153201 (resized).jpg20210619_153201 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#265 2 years ago

Looks like gi wiring...,manual should say where that color wire goes to...I can check my harness and see if I labeled it, but the manual would be my go to best bet...my playfield it out at the moment and the only picture I have has the wires detached and hanging as yours are of course

#267 2 years ago
Quoted from dzorbas:

I was thinking GI, just trying to figure out where. I don't want to guess and the manual that I found online is pretty useless for this kind of stuff.
Can anyone else snap a picture of this area and these wires?

Ok looks like it's on the switch matrix...here is a pic of the switches it goes too

20210629_083001 (resized).jpg20210629_083001 (resized).jpg
#268 2 years ago

...and then I just found this....I looked at my harness, the swith matrix wires are thinner, prob 20-22 ga, the GI wires are heavier gauge, prob 18 ga, in your photo they appear to be the heavier gauge...so I believe they're GI

20210629_083519 (resized).jpg20210629_083519 (resized).jpg

#273 2 years ago
Quoted from dzorbas:

Just double checked. I already have a green/white wire connected to the red stand up target. What I'm looking at is the bundle of wires above the ball eater close when you have the playfield lifted up. It's right beside the small coil. Two green/white wires soldered together just hanging out.
[quoted image]

What about the pop bumper switch ...that's on the same string

#275 2 years ago
Quoted from dzorbas:

Not nearly enough length. I'm stumped. And I'm sure it's going to be rather obvious.

Can you just follow the wires back to the next daisy chain point...that will confirm its gi or switch matrix...

3 months later
#283 2 years ago
Quoted from 67Touchdown:

Hi everyone,
I'm new to posting. I have a secret service machine that has me confused (up post problem). I picked up this machine at an auction and brought it back from its grave. I did a lot of playfield restoration, wiring and coil repair. I had to replace the MPU and the display with a Rotten Dog board. When I fired it up everything seemed to work. I played and enjoyed it for months. The problem, that has been there from the begining, is that the up post is working backwards. The post is up at the beginning and end of the game. It comes down only after super spinner is lit and ball goes through the play field loop. At this time the, post drops down, the ball timer starts and at end of timer, the post returns up. Switch Diagnostics show that post switch 52 is active, wiring is correct to manual, Q 25 (when grounded) will activate the coil, and Q30 will cause lights between speakers to light (odd ?). Checked diodes on switches and coils on up post for orientation and they are working. I have traced the wires back to MPU and all wires are in the correct location. Any one have any ideas? I sure can use some help.

What about the mechanical function of the up post...the part that switches the lock back and forth...is this something that can be reset to the opposite position ? like maybe its out of sync with the control of the solenoid? Just a thought...my game isn't working right now so I can't get into the weeds....
edit:...but the switch tells the CPU when its down so maybe not....anything activating the switch maybe throwing off the CPU?

1 week later
#287 2 years ago
Quoted from 67Touchdown:

secret service up post problem
Thanks for the reply. I finally got a chance to look at your post. The mechanical operation of the post is working and I tried switching the wires on the switch. Doing that caused the switch diagnostic test not to recognize switch 52 ( it came up as switch 9) I have included a pic of my up post and not sure if that will help. Again I check the wire diagrams for the up post and switch, the wire codes are correct, diodes checked and working in the right orientation. I am certaintly puzzled over this. There is one other switch problem with switch 15 (middle target in front of the capital building) that switch will register as 44 and if you press it several times it will show up as 15. I not sure that would interfere with the up post operation
[quoted image]

ah so it sounds like you have a classic switch matrix issue...which I'm sure is confusing the MPU and throwing off your sync with the coil as it seeing the mech as "up" when its not really...so look for a bad diode somewhere...there a lots of switch matrix youtube videos to show how you can figure this out...but sometimes its just quicker to just test each switch (with a DMM) in less than 10 minutes you should be able to find it...

#288 2 years ago

Can someone tell me the length of the lock cam in the back box?...I seem to have misplaced it and it seems unusually long...pic maybe too

#291 2 years ago

Thanks! Anyone have one of these? Can't seem to find mine....

2 weeks later
#292 2 years ago

Been working with Cliffy to come up with a Cliffy for the machine....This is actually made for a different machine, but fits perfectly when bent in the opposite direction...reach out to cliffy if you need one made..

20211111_155558_resized (resized).jpg20211111_155558_resized (resized).jpg20211111_160057_resized (resized).jpg20211111_160057_resized (resized).jpg
3 weeks later
#295 2 years ago
Quoted from Karthag:

Im looking to overhaul my pop bumpers which are maybe original from factory and now mushy and cracked. Im thinking of upgrading and colour matching with new parts.
BUT the original ones in my Secret Service have 545-5099-00 bodies which seem to only be available in white: https://www.pinballlife.com/pop-bumper-body-older-style.html
While the newer DE/Stern bodies (545-5197-00) come in lots of great colours:
https://www.pinballlife.com/transparent-pop-bumper-body.html
I think I can just switch to new bodies since they appear to still fit into the "thumper bumper" mounts under the playfield in Secret Service but I would need to basically replace all the parts above the playfield (ring, cap, etc) - is this right? Are they interchangeable?
If I do this is and go with new shape, is there decal artwork for the bumpers anywhere for Secret Service? My surviving ones done look like I can remove them.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I changed mine a while back. I recently got the game back together enough to realize that the old pop bumper caps dont fit the new bodies. So keep that in mine if you're thinkin of changing up. ( but the new style pop bumper ring lights fit the new style caps)
20211202_175140 (resized).jpg20211202_175140 (resized).jpg

#298 2 years ago
Quoted from Karthag:

Thanks monkfe!
Right, so you changed the body and the caps, but the old metal ring/rods fit fine or did you get new ones?
And the parts under the playfield stayed the same? I mean, I will likely replace the spoons and the coils sleeves if they are worn out but otherwise the new bodies fit into the DE mount?
So then its really about the decals because my caps have the original decals - I guess I try to take a good picture and print new ones, cause I haven't seen the Secret Service pop bumper decals anywhere.
Also, the red plastics beside the missiles in the background are nice!

Yes I believe I used the original rods, so it was a pretty easy transition. I did install the LED OCD board as it really does need it. Reach out to Mr_Tantrum, he does all types of decals I'm sure he can make you some.

1 month later
#301 2 years ago
Quoted from sbmania:

So I've got a display glass bad and can't source a new one. Looks like I will need to replace the whole display assembly with an XPIN one. Since XPIN is currently out of orange displays, I need to choose between white, red, blue and green (I think). What's the Pinside consensus on what will look best in lieu of orange?

Have you looked at Wolfpactech's displays? They come as a Kit, easy to build, but may come fully assembled as well.

1 year later
#341 1 year ago

I removed the warming resistors on my lower board(under and in the back of the playfield-BRB?), however I suggest keeping the original flashers...the led ones are too bright for my taste...

5 months later
#343 7 months ago

I have a full set of the topper lenses...if anyone needs a set...reach out...they are used with typical minor scratches etc...

Added 7 months ago:

spoken for

1 month later
#347 6 months ago
Quoted from sethbenjamin:

I'm restoring a Secret Service currently, and it looks to me like the arrangement of posts between the front pop bumper and the drop targets is probably…not stock.
Can anybody verify what the intended factory configuration of posts here is supposed to look like? [quoted image][quoted image]

Yes thats correct...the rings pictured look too large, I replaced the center posts with machine screws..otherwise correct

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
2,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, OH
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Wichita, KS

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider monkfe.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/secret-service-owners-club-all-are-welcome?tu=monkfe and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.