(Topic ID: 159919)

Secret Service owners club - all are welcome!

By s1500

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 347 posts
  • 63 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 months ago by monkfe
  • Topic is favorited by 26 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1197 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1202 (resized).jpeg
Eater2 (resized).png
balleater (resized).jpg
A13B6D43-5DC0-42EA-97F7-0263BCEE514D (resized).jpeg
DB7FB381-4EC1-4519-8393-558716195E0D (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
20211202_175140 (resized).jpg
DE older (resized).jpg
DE newest (resized).jpg
20211111_160057_resized (resized).jpg
20211111_155558_resized (resized).jpg
WIN_20211028_11_48_25_Pro (resized).jpg
WIN_20211025_19_41_54_Pro (resized).jpg
29B4C6E1-8ECE-4069-9759-798CD7B3FC36 (resized).jpeg
7F40A64F-79AE-4BF9-820A-A8F69A2D4825 (resized).jpeg

There are 347 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 7.
#201 4 years ago

....and need a new ramp too...are these unobtainable?

2 weeks later
#202 4 years ago

Can someone shoot a few pics of the main wire ramp, specifically where it mounts to the playfield at the center and to the right as well. Past owner did some bad repairs to fix it and I dont have the original pieces and no pics of the mounting area. And if you're really adventurous, a measurement of how high the ramp is off of the playfield in the center. Thanks gents

#203 4 years ago
Quoted from monkfe:

Can someone shoot a few pics of the main wire ramp, specifically where it mounts to the playfield at the center and to the right as well. Past owner did some bad repairs to fix it and I dont have the original pieces and no pics of the mounting area. And if you're really adventurous, a measurement of how high the ramp is off of the playfield in the center. Thanks gents

Here are a few pics. I'm not sure if you'll be able to see what you're looking for here.

20200326_171314 (resized).jpg20200326_171314 (resized).jpg20200326_171320 (resized).jpg20200326_171320 (resized).jpg20200326_171331 (resized).jpg20200326_171331 (resized).jpg20200326_171348 (resized).jpg20200326_171348 (resized).jpg
#204 4 years ago

Thanks, but yes, I really need a shot of the mounting point that mates to the playfield, looks like it goes straight down in the last pic, not sure on the anchor point near the capitol building.

#205 4 years ago

here are a few pics I grabbed real quick before leaving to work today looks to me like only 2 mounting points one at the eat at Joes sign in the second picture you can see it right at the "J" a rod going down there that appears to be part of the ramp ? the other mount is below the playfield as it goes straight down thru holes right at the entrance to white house there

20200327_072530[1] (resized).jpg20200327_072530[1] (resized).jpg20200327_072538[1] (resized).jpg20200327_072538[1] (resized).jpg20200327_072546[1] (resized).jpg20200327_072546[1] (resized).jpg
#206 4 years ago

That makes sense actually, it appears on my machine the former owner placed a makeshift support near the capitol, but I don't see a weld point. If you can get me shot under the plastic by the mount that would be great!

#207 4 years ago

Are you talking where the ramp meets under the White House? You keep saying Capital which is in the center of the playfield. These pics are of the area under the white house.
Mike

20180821_171509 (resized).jpg20180821_171509 (resized).jpg20180821_172804 (resized).jpg20180821_172804 (resized).jpg20180821_172857 (resized).jpg20180821_172857 (resized).jpg
#208 4 years ago

And this one with house lifted off.
Mike

20180821_171244 (resized).jpg20180821_171244 (resized).jpg
#209 4 years ago

Was a member. Sold the machine and it was rethemed. I bought it, so am a member again, sorta

44A8C300-7C63-4036-A3E3-E7911DBD8509 (resized).jpeg44A8C300-7C63-4036-A3E3-E7911DBD8509 (resized).jpegBC89D777-A4CD-43FC-B7DA-524077AF79C4 (resized).jpegBC89D777-A4CD-43FC-B7DA-524077AF79C4 (resized).jpeg
#210 4 years ago
Quoted from packie1:

Are you talking where the ramp meets under the White House? You keep saying Capital which is in the center of the playfield. These pics are of the area under the white house.
Mike[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

The area I need a pic of is at the upper right of the playfield, my white house area is all good. There should be a single support coming from the playfield there(right at the turn/switch). Previous owner put a makeshift support near the capitol building (actually more to the right under a plastic) so I thought there was a support there too. Thanks for the effort though!

#211 4 years ago
Quoted from Aflacjack:

Was a member. Sold the machine and it was rethemed. I bought it, so am a member again, sorta[quoted image][quoted image]

Yeah he did a great job on this...I Purchased one to do the same with. If anyone else plans on doing this, reach out to me and maybe we can collaborate on ideas. I have a bunch of stuff going on now.

#212 4 years ago
Quoted from monkfe:

The area I need a pic of is at the upper right of the playfield, my white house area is all good. There should be a single support coming from the playfield there(right at the turn/switch). Previous owner put a makeshift support near the capitol building (actually more to the right under a plastic) so I thought there was a support there too. Thanks for the effort though!

Okay how about this?
Mike

20180821_210722 (resized).jpg20180821_210722 (resized).jpg20190221_054443 (resized).jpg20190221_054443 (resized).jpg
#213 4 years ago
Quoted from packie1:

Okay how about this?
Mike[quoted image][quoted image]

Yes that's the spot. It looks like just a straight run to the bottom. Any chance of a shot under the plastic? If too much hassle, I'll figure it out. TY

#214 4 years ago
Quoted from monkfe:

Yes that's the spot. It looks like just a straight run to the bottom. Any chance of a shot under the plastic? If too much hassle, I'll figure it out. TY

Best I can do!

Mike

20180821_211901 (resized).jpg20180821_211901 (resized).jpg
#215 3 years ago

Hey Guys!!
Anyone have a wire guide that monkfe can get from you? Think I figured out that his is missing the support leg for the curve in the back of Joe's place. Otherwise maybe someone can help him with measurements so he can make a new "L" part to get welded on.
Mike

111 (resized).jpg111 (resized).jpgL (resized).jpgL (resized).jpg
3 months later
#216 3 years ago

Is there a good source for quality decals?

1 week later
#217 3 years ago

Just purchased Secret Service- not familiar with Pin Ball workings so a little assist would be much appreciated. The lower score and info works fine but the top total score(assume its total score) does not work. Also AA batteries were corroding and some damage to the holder. Is the battery eliminator i see on ebay the fix, plus correct the score board? Is the LED conversion truly a plug and play and best answer for this game?
Thanks any and all for the tech help.
BobH

#218 3 years ago
Quoted from BobH47f:

Just purchased Secret Service- not familiar with Pin Ball workings so a little assist would be much appreciated. The lower score and info works fine but the top total score(assume its total score) does not work. Also AA batteries were corroding and some damage to the holder. Is the battery eliminator i see on ebay the fix, plus correct the score board? Is the LED conversion truly a plug and play and best answer for this game?
Thanks any and all for the tech help.
BobH

Odds are you will need a new display, LED works fine.

Get NVRAM from Pintech.

#219 3 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Odds are you will need a new display, LED works fine.
Get NVRAM from Pintech.

Thanks. What about the batteries, what are they doing?

#220 3 years ago
Quoted from BobH47f:

Thanks. What about the batteries, what are they doing?

They need to go. They will ruin your board, if they have not already done so. Take them out.
If the corrosion has traveled beyond the terminals, you might want to have the board looked at by a good tech. Check out Chris at https://www.pinballpirate.com/
He is very familiar with DE pins and is very reasonable.

#221 3 years ago

Got it. I ordered the nvram, thanks guys for the help. It’s a fun machine for the grandkids and even us old kids!
BobH

#222 3 years ago

I really liked my SecServ. Enjoy it!

1 week later
#223 3 years ago

I installed nvram 6264 to replace batteries as no top score issue. No luck same as before, lower Per game Scoring and credits but no top score. Is there any setups I am missing? Game plays fine just no info on top displays. How do I know if display is bad, it looks discolored compared to bottom display (brownish).
Thanks for any help.
BobH

#224 3 years ago
Quoted from BobH47f:

I installed nvram 6264 to replace batteries as no top score issue. No luck same as before, lower Per game Scoring and credits but no top score. Is there any setups I am missing? Game plays fine just no info on top displays. How do I know if display is bad, it looks discolored compared to bottom display (brownish).
Thanks for any help.
BobH

Odds are, display no good.

1 week later
#225 3 years ago

NOW SOLD - off to CA, USA

I sell the repro and modded versions of the ball eater brackets but do have 1 x NOS Ball Eater Assembly with the screws for $150AUD + postage

send a pm if interested

have some other rare things on my thread
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/latest-pinball-parts-mods-and-shirts-by-swinks/page/2#post-5775058

IMG_4069 (resized).JPGIMG_4069 (resized).JPGIMG_4070 (resized).JPGIMG_4070 (resized).JPG

#226 3 years ago

Can someone post a picture of their up post (Underside of Playfield) or an assembly diagram from manual. I’m trying trying to reassemble a secret service someone else took apart and feel I’m missing something.

#227 3 years ago

Here's a couple of quick pics. for you , hope helps I can take more tomorrow if you need a more specific shot or angle & I have two copies of the service manual & none of the mech. assy. exploded view drawings are in included in either perhaps there is a more specific parts manual IDK

20200805_174216[1] (resized).jpg20200805_174216[1] (resized).jpg20200805_174245[1] (resized).jpg20200805_174245[1] (resized).jpg
3 weeks later
#228 3 years ago

Hey, newer Secret Service owner here. I’m getting intermittent call out sounds “agent one”, “agent two” and “agent three” depending on what ball, multiple times throughout game play. Also, an occasional random machine gun sound will go off too. I’m hoping it is as simple as adjusting a few hard to locate, touchy switches and not issues with my boards. Off hand, does anyone here happen to know where I can locate the source of these call outs? Any tips for fixing the issue is much appreciated. Thanks!

1 week later
#229 3 years ago
Quoted from RMorris5:

Hey, newer Secret Service owner here. I’m getting intermittent call out sounds “agent one”, “agent two” and “agent three” depending on what ball, multiple times throughout game play. Also, an occasional random machine gun sound will go off too. I’m hoping it is as simple as adjusting a few hard to locate, touchy switches and not issues with my boards. Off hand, does anyone here happen to know where I can locate the source of these call outs? Any tips for fixing the issue is much appreciated. Thanks!

Go into switch test and bang on the playfield and see what switches come up on the display!

#230 3 years ago
Quoted from RMorris5:

Don’t know about the machine gun sounds, but are you sure the other callouts aren’t “one agent”, “two agent”, & “three agent”? This call out tells you how many of the White House agent targets are still standing.

1 month later
#231 3 years ago

My retheme coming along nicely...thought I'd share...

20200910_155642 (resized).jpg20200910_155642 (resized).jpg20200927_170607 (resized).jpg20200927_170607 (resized).jpg
#232 3 years ago

I don't know if any owners would be interested but we've been working on replacement buildings based on a request from another owner (oh yea, that one post above... heh). This is the capitol and then we have the white house and FBI building. I can post the others as the finished pieces are printed.
1103201613 (resized).jpg1103201613 (resized).jpg

#233 3 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

I don't know if any owners would be interested but we've been working on replacement buildings based on a request from another owner (oh yea, that one post above... heh). This is the capitol and then we have the white house and FBI building. I can post the others as the finished pieces are printed.
[quoted image]

Looks great. I'm interested.

#234 3 years ago

[quoted image]

I would be interested. Prices?

#235 3 years ago

Not quite sure since we haven't completed the project yet. We're finishing printing the other 2 buildings for test fitting. Once we get confirmation on those we should know more. The larger two buildings do take some time to print, in pieces. I'll update as we get closer. I'm sure monkfe will be happy to show them off once he has them installed.

#236 3 years ago

[quoted image]

Nice work is that pla or poly ?

#237 3 years ago
Quoted from bigfoot53:

Nice work is that pla or poly ?

Thanks
PLA (+)

1 week later
#238 3 years ago

Anyone know where I can buy a new "44 Top Right (Ramp) Switch "?

Another question: I've seen an intermittent issue with power up and wondering if anyone has also seen it. Occasionally when the game is first powered up (normally we shut off game when done playing) the lights come on (playfield, backbox, display *just dashes), but no audio and game never "fully" boots to the point where it's ready to play. Ultimately it always boots up after leaving it on for 5-15 mins or toggling the power switch a couple times.

Not sure if this is related, but also noticed that sometimes after a power cycle, the game just gives free ball after free ball. Doesnt even show what ball you're on. *This game might be haunted.

#239 3 years ago
Quoted from MarZ_78:

Anyone know where I can buy a new "44 Top Right (Ramp) Switch "?
Another question: I've seen an intermittent issue with power up and wondering if anyone has also seen it. Occasionally when the game is first powered up (normally we shut off game when done playing) the lights come on (playfield, backbox, display *just dashes), but no audio and game never "fully" boots to the point where it's ready to play. Ultimately it always boots up after leaving it on for 5-15 mins or toggling the power switch a couple times.
Not sure if this is related, but also noticed that sometimes after a power cycle, the game just gives free ball after free ball. Doesnt even show what ball you're on. *This game might be haunted.

an alternative to the ramp switch might be a MRS switch ...reach out to sonic he makes them for various machines, some with custom mounts (shadow comes to mind). It has a very similar location (on the wireform) It has a diode built in and would plug right into the matrix as a direct replacement.

1 week later
#240 3 years ago

I have noticed that when playing my secret service Sometimes I hear a car engine revving sound when I pull back the plunger and other times not ? I can play several games where it makes the sound and then it just doesn't make it anymore another time I play it ? Anyone else's game make that sound when plunger is pulled back ?

#241 3 years ago
Quoted from TecumsehPlissken:

I have noticed that when playing my secret service Sometimes I hear a car engine revving sound when I pull back the plunger and other times not ? I can play several games where it makes the sound and then it just doesn't make it anymore another time I play it ? Anyone else's game make that sound when plunger is pulled back ?

It seems to be the ball leaving the switch in the shooter lane on mine.

#242 3 years ago

I'm going to have to check mine tonight, I don't recall it make noise when plunged.

#243 3 years ago
Quoted from Sputnik:

It seems to be the ball leaving the switch in the shooter lane on mine.

Ok I maybe mistaken then when exactly its heard but certainly when shooting the ball into play. Will be checking that switch this eve. after I get home.

#244 3 years ago

I love that sound and often times I short plunge the ball barely off the lane switch to roll back and repeat it. The sound repeats only three times doing it in this manner so I hard plunge the 4th time into the game as its all revved up. LOL

I can do this each time with balls 1,2 and 3.

The only time the sound is missing is if I plunge the ball too quickly. Seemingly the ball needs to rest on the switch but only for half a second or so. Also, no sound on the free ball I get from draining too quickly.

I hope this helps. It's a great game.

#245 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I love that sound and often times I short plunge the ball barely off the lane switch to roll back and repeat it. The sound repeats only three times doing it in this manner so I hard plunge the 4th time into the game as its all revved up. LOL
The only time the sound is missing is if I plunge the ball too quickly. Seemingly the ball needs to rest on the switch but only for half a second or so. Also, no sound on the free ball I get from draining too quickly.

It helps much! Thanks for weighing in Kim. Its a simple but really neat little sound feature.

#246 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I never really noticed that noise but it does indeed do that on mine when plunged.

#247 3 years ago

Switch adjustment has mine working consistently now

1 week later
#248 3 years ago

Update to this ............... I just noticed this evening that Torpedo Alley has a sound effect when the ball rolls over the shooter lane switch in beginning of a game as well & can be manipulated as Mr68 described. I was compelled then to check Time Machine & it does the same thing!!! of course all sounds are different. David Thiel!!!!!!!!!! Bad Ass

#249 3 years ago

FYI for anyone in need of a ramp take a look at this ad

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-old-stock-pinball-ramps-many-rare-and-hard-to-get

Has one left

1 week later
#250 3 years ago

Hello all,
Brand new to the hobby and am looking to buy a SS machine as it looks to be a fun game that won’t break the bank, and I found one locally that is in good condition. Only problem is that with the topper it’s slightly too tall for the location that I would be placing it. Can the topper be removed without much trouble and without interfering with the operation of the game (other than not having the flashing lights)? I don’t know if this is sacrilege to ask because I’m sure folks like to keep things as built to some extent, but it just won’t fit. I would obviously keep the topper safe so that it could be reinstalled. TIA for any info.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
2,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, OH
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
There are 347 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/secret-service-owners-club-all-are-welcome/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.