(Topic ID: 159919)

Secret Service owners club - all are welcome!

By s1500

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 347 posts
  • 63 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 months ago by monkfe
  • Topic is favorited by 26 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1197 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1202 (resized).jpeg
Eater2 (resized).png
balleater (resized).jpg
A13B6D43-5DC0-42EA-97F7-0263BCEE514D (resized).jpeg
DB7FB381-4EC1-4519-8393-558716195E0D (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
20211202_175140 (resized).jpg
DE older (resized).jpg
DE newest (resized).jpg
20211111_160057_resized (resized).jpg
20211111_155558_resized (resized).jpg
WIN_20211028_11_48_25_Pro (resized).jpg
WIN_20211025_19_41_54_Pro (resized).jpg
29B4C6E1-8ECE-4069-9759-798CD7B3FC36 (resized).jpeg
7F40A64F-79AE-4BF9-820A-A8F69A2D4825 (resized).jpeg
There are 347 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 7.
#51 5 years ago
Quoted from bigfoot53:

That would be awesome . Yes it covers the black ramp. see pic
Thanks
Bruce
[quoted image]

After too much work at home and at work, I was able to get into the shop and make the ramp cover. IT fits perfect. Here's yours Bruce. PM me so I can send it to you before Christmas. I am working on decals if you don't have a replacement.
Mike

20181216_163521 (resized).jpg20181216_163521 (resized).jpg
#52 5 years ago

Looks great PM Sent...

#53 5 years ago

anyone make up new decals for the capital building?

#54 5 years ago
Quoted from stlmo:

anyone make up new decals for the capital building?

I have a set that I am tweaking, will post here after I make sure I am happy with them. I also made some new circle firing range targets.
Mike

girl-gun-target-illustration-silhouette-yellow red (resized).jpggirl-gun-target-illustration-silhouette-yellow red (resized).jpg
#55 5 years ago

Thanks. Look forward to your capital decals.

#56 5 years ago

Working on a replacement jet for that ramp now

Ramp Jet (resized).pngRamp Jet (resized).png
#57 5 years ago
Quoted from bigfoot53:

Working on a replacement jet for that ramp now [quoted image]

PLANE FIGHT!!!
Mike

jet image (resized).jpgjet image (resized).jpg
#58 5 years ago

Here are the capital scans I fixed and made decals out of for my game.
Mike

decals on white (resized).jpgdecals on white (resized).jpg
#59 5 years ago

Plane WAR .... Better call in reinforcements LOL..

Nice work Mike

Jet 2 (resized).pngJet 2 (resized).png

#60 5 years ago

Time to hit the Capital!!!

I need that big jet file. That's looks better than mine.
Mike

20181220_170016 (resized).jpg20181220_170016 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#61 5 years ago

gee you blokes are clever . I hope I can find someone down here to help me make those two plane decals.thanks heaps .resto nearly finished on my SS .2 pk clear ,major pf touch up,and red ,blue and white(capital building) bumpers I done what I could with my holed and cracked ramp, and new decals will help .i'll post some photos of finished machine if anyone is interested . cant wait to play it . can anyone tell me - does secret service have a DE logo shooter rod , if so , anyone got one to sell , and HAPPY NEW YEAR

Quoted from bigfoot53:

Working on a replacement jet for that ramp now [quoted image]

#62 5 years ago
Quoted from trumpy:

gee you blokes are clever . I hope I can find someone down here to help me make those two plane decals.thanks heaps .resto nearly finished on my SS .2 pk clear ,major pf touch up,and red ,blue and white(capital building) bumpers I done what I could with my holed and cracked ramp, and new decals will help .i'll post some photos of finished machine if anyone is interested . cant wait to play it . can anyone tell me - does secret service have a DE logo shooter rod , if so , anyone got one to sell , and HAPPY NEW YEAR

I got just a black shooter rod and the housing was chrome. Didnt like either, so I replaced the shooter rod with a new black one and got a DE shooter housing on ebay. I see that pinball.center has the housing. Pinball Resource has them as well but are out of stock. As for the rod with DE on it, Only saw one and it was red. Can be picked up at ministryofpinball.com.
If you want to kinda mod it up, I see Marco specialties is selling a shooter rod with a thumbprint on it. Kinda James Bond, secret agent look.

print (resized).JPGprint (resized).JPGshooter (resized).pngshooter (resized).png
#63 5 years ago

love to see your finished SS
Mike

#64 5 years ago

. As for the rod with DE on it, Only saw one and it was red. Can be picked up at ministryofpinball.com.
If you want to kinda mod it up, I see Marco specialties is selling a shooter rod with a thumbprint on it. Kinda James Bond, secret agent look.
[quoted image][quoted image]

thanks for the input .the red one would look good on my hook, and yeah the fingerprint … like it . I WILL sort my camera out in the next few days and get some photos up of SS . it does look pretty sharp, vance

#65 5 years ago

Does anyone else think they would be trying to clean off the fingerprint on that shooter rod, as it looks like it is dirty? I know I've left a fingerprint or two around past projects when I've gotten paint or glue on my hands. I'll bet if I look in my toolboxes I might find a handle with a fingerprint. Wallah, customized!

#66 5 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

Does anyone else think they would be trying to clean off the fingerprint on that shooter rod, as it looks like it is dirty? I know I've left a fingerprint or two around past projects when I've gotten paint or glue on my hands. I'll bet if I look in my toolboxes I might find a handle with a fingerprint. Wallah, customized!

some what paint and a thumb were away

#67 5 years ago

Bay Area Amusements has this one in stock,

shooter (resized).jpgshooter (resized).jpg
#68 5 years ago

got my sample ball eater bracket and everything works on the bench, came out at $62.50 USD

IMG_0390 (resized).jpgIMG_0390 (resized).jpgIMG_0391 (resized).jpgIMG_0391 (resized).jpgIMG_0392 (resized).jpgIMG_0392 (resized).jpgIMG_0393 (resized).jpgIMG_0393 (resized).jpgIMG_0394 (resized).jpgIMG_0394 (resized).jpg

#69 5 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

got my sample ball eater bracket and everything works on the bench, came out at $62.50 USD
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Very nice!

#70 5 years ago

so is anyone making the yellow piece that the ball goes in ? or is it already available somewhere ?

#71 5 years ago
Quoted from TecumsehPlissken:

so is anyone making the yellow piece that the ball goes in ? or is it already available somewhere ?

I could reverse engineer this, but current no interest in the bracket at the moment so not a high priority

#72 5 years ago

Bracket looks great. What Material is it printed in ?
the ball holder is available at Marcos.

ball (resized).pngball (resized).png
#73 5 years ago
Quoted from bigfoot53:

Bracket looks great. What Material is it printed in ?
the ball holder is available at Marcos.[quoted image]

good to know and saves me recreating it.

The ball eater bracket is solid nylon in which the particles are bound together via laser sintering, so nothing like a home 3d printer part which is typcially a high percentage hollow.

#74 5 years ago

I decided to sell my Secret Service. Add in market place. Thanks for looking.

1 week later
#75 5 years ago

can anyone provide info on the plastic ramp in this game ... does it often break where it connects to the wire form at the top? & if so has anyone come up with a good fix ?

#76 5 years ago

can anyone provide info on the plastic ramp in this game ... does it often break where it connects to the wire form at the top? & if so has anyone come up with a good fix ?

mine was cracked and even had a piece missing .heat gun to bend back into shape , a good strong 2 part resin glue to FIX hole/crack , and bog to smooth ball running surface. fixed mine until freeplay40 makes them! hopefully

#77 5 years ago
Quoted from trumpy:

mine was cracked and even had a piece missing .heat gun to bend back into shape , a good strong 2 part resin glue to FIX hole/crack , and bog to smooth ball running surface. fixed mine until freeplay40 makes them! hopefully

Same with mine. I used fiberglass resin to repair broken part near the wire ramp. Not the nicest, but will do for now. Hope that ramp will be on his list soon.

#78 5 years ago

Thanks Trumpy & Packie1 !

#79 5 years ago
Quoted from packie1:

love to see your finished SS
Mike

well here she is -new cabinet(me) , new cabinet decals([email protected]) , full boards rebuild , new pinscore display , leds , supabands , top notch target/flipper protecters, full blue/red jet bumpers , major playfield touch up including all insert and playfield script and 2pac clearcoated . hand painted whitehouse building (blank from bayside) above drop down targets-amazing detail, correct matchbox Ferrari coming(series 75 number70) magnum pi (matchbox star car series ) is convertible version .will be listing left over parts shortly , enjoy

IMG_0463 (resized).JPGIMG_0463 (resized).JPGIMG_0462 (resized).JPGIMG_0462 (resized).JPGIMG_0460 (resized).JPGIMG_0460 (resized).JPGIMG_0461 (resized).JPGIMG_0461 (resized).JPGIMG_0459 (resized).JPGIMG_0459 (resized).JPGIMG_0458 (resized).JPGIMG_0458 (resized).JPGIMG_0457 (resized).JPGIMG_0457 (resized).JPG
#80 5 years ago
Quoted from trumpy:

well here she is -new cabinet(me) , new cabinet decals([email protected]) , full boards rebuild , new pinscore display , leds , supabands , top notch target/flipper protecters, full blue/red jet bumpers , major playfield touch up including all insert and playfield script and 2pac clearcoated . hand painted whitehouse building (blank from bayside) above drop down targets-amazing detail, correct matchbox Ferrari coming(series 75 number70) magnum pi (matchbox star car series ) is convertible version .will be listing left over parts shortly , enjoy[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

How is the quality of these decals? How does the gold compare to the original art work? I've considered getting a set for my restore. Thanks Mike

#81 5 years ago
Quoted from psd4me:

How is the quality of these decals? How does the gold compare to the original art work? I've considered getting a set for my restore. Thanks Mike

I've never seen the originals, cabinet was matt black . here are some better shots .the gold does look like gold!!! ive bought decals from pps and retro refurbs (for twice the money) and they are easily same quality. do you know the correct color for start button?

IMG_0389 (resized).JPGIMG_0389 (resized).JPGIMG_0466 (resized).JPGIMG_0466 (resized).JPGIMG_0467 (resized).JPGIMG_0467 (resized).JPG
#82 5 years ago

WOW trumpy That was a pile of crap before you got hold of it. Looks Great now. I like some of your touches. I never thought of clear for the posts holding the plastic above the car. I want to spend some more time and study your pics more. See so many ideas I want to use.
Mike

#83 5 years ago
Quoted from trumpy:

I've never seen the originals, cabinet was matt black . here are some better shots .the gold does look like gold!!! ive bought decals from pps and retro refurbs (for twice the money) and they are easily same quality. do you know the correct color for start button?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

My flipper and start buttons are translucent red.

1 week later
#84 5 years ago

Does anyone make a playfield protector for this title? I am getting ready to strip the playfield.

#85 5 years ago

Don't know of one out there, but there is a pinsider who created his own for a SS game and a EM pin. Check it out if you want a project.
Mike

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/creating-a-custom-playfield-protector-video#post-3092616

#86 5 years ago

just got my new ball grabber and bracket and also tidied up the front with new coin return bezels all from shapeways(thanks swinks) . fit the new factory ball grabber from marco spot on! sure we can glue them , but any machine is only as good as its weakest part!!!! fitting all tomorrow, more pics then . would anyone have any 1 piece coin entry/reject buttons so I can finish front . last bit

IMG_0502 (resized).JPGIMG_0502 (resized).JPGIMG_0503 (resized).JPGIMG_0503 (resized).JPGIMG_0506 (resized).JPGIMG_0506 (resized).JPG
#87 5 years ago

For that bracket, is that something I can 3D print? I should check the condition of mine.

#88 5 years ago
Quoted from s1500:For that bracket, is that something I can 3D print? I should check the condition of mine.

The item is 3d printed by Shapeways and is solid nylon and personally don't think a home printed one would be strong enough as a % hollow print.

In addition I chucked in a bunch of hours and prints and don't tend to give away these types of files, sorry

#89 5 years ago

Anyone know if someone has made clear plastic protectors for Secret Service?

#90 5 years ago
Quoted from rvalkenburg:

Anyone know if someone has made clear plastic protectors for Secret Service?

What? For the actual playfield? or for some of the clear plastics on the game?
Mike

2 weeks later
#91 5 years ago

Hi!
Anybody knows the part number for the slingshot posts?

#92 5 years ago

has anyone reproduced the tire track decal that goes on top of the ball grabber piece ?

#93 5 years ago

Well close to 3 months later and this guy is just about done and ready to go home. Need to tweak some minor issues and give it the "WIFEY TEST". She always checks my work to keep me on my toes.
Mike

20190221_054358 (resized).jpg20190221_054358 (resized).jpg20190221_054400 (resized).jpg20190221_054400 (resized).jpg20190221_054403 (resized).jpg20190221_054403 (resized).jpg20190221_054406 (resized).jpg20190221_054406 (resized).jpg20190221_054408 (resized).jpg20190221_054408 (resized).jpg20190221_054412 (resized).jpg20190221_054412 (resized).jpg20190221_054416 (resized).jpg20190221_054416 (resized).jpg20190221_054422 (resized).jpg20190221_054422 (resized).jpg20190221_054425 (resized).jpg20190221_054425 (resized).jpg20190221_054427 (resized).jpg20190221_054427 (resized).jpg20190221_054432 (resized).jpg20190221_054432 (resized).jpg20190221_054434 (resized).jpg20190221_054434 (resized).jpg20190221_054437 (resized).jpg20190221_054437 (resized).jpg20190221_054443 (resized).jpg20190221_054443 (resized).jpg
#94 5 years ago

Looks Awesome,
Great job Mike....

#95 5 years ago

has anyone reproduced the tire track decal that goes on top of the ball grabber piece ?

I have a few versions

Tracks (resized).pngTracks (resized).png
#96 5 years ago

How much can you pick up a Secret Service for these days? Possibly looking to get one.

#97 5 years ago
Quoted from jjoravec:

How much can you pick up a Secret Service for these days? Possibly looking to get one.

That's a tough call in the market these days. It's a rather uncommon game with a fairly low production. A recent Ebay auction on one that needed repair went for around $850. Pinside average is $1100. One on sale on Pinside is $2200 and one on Ebay is (ridiculously) $4444.44

Mine is not for sale, but hypothetically: It's fully working but not perfect cosmetically. I would accept no less than $1500 for it. Soooooo, my personal analysis would be about $900-$2000 depending on condition. If you can find one.

#98 5 years ago
Quoted from packie1:

Well close to 3 months later and this guy is just about done and ready to go home. Need to tweak some minor issues and give it the "WIFEY TEST". She always checks my work to keep me on my toes.
Mike
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

looking good

1 week later
#99 5 years ago

Well it seems I have hit a snag. If anyone can help me out. I have 2 minor issues with my SS. Seems that the coil or switches which control the ball eject under the white house is flaky. Sometimes it senses a ball and when the next ball goes up the ramp shoots out the first ball before the 2nd enters. That's great, were it's a pain is most times it senses the first ball but will not shoot it and then I get 2 balls trapped and it will not shoot out either. The game will continue to try to shoot it but no coil action. I have checked the coil and switches and they all check out. Wondering if its a bad diode or tip. Any ideas?

Second issue is the pop up post between the flippers. It wants to pop up and down and not catch. I have rebuild it several times. I have replaced the shaft b-11662 as the threads were stripped on it. I cant locate a replacement spring or the flat cam. The flat cam looks fine as well. I checked on pinside and someone mentioned adjusting the nuts and I have with no luck. Any help there?
Mike

#100 5 years ago

With some time on my hands I rechecked the switches 41 and 42 and they test fine. I then did coil test on 16 kickbig and all is normal. One thing that I noticed is that switch 41 the wire form was broken. Since I could not find a way to tell which replacement I needed to order, I ordered a regular wire form and bent it to make the opening. I tried different angles and can't seem to find the right combination. I now need to ask you all to see if someone can take a side view of the switch so I can copy it. I also am curious if a ball goes into that trough does it engage and keep engaged both switches 41 and 42. I really hunting for some answers here as I want to take this game off my plate and move on to others.
Anyone?
Mike

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
2,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, OH
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 347 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/secret-service-owners-club-all-are-welcome/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.