• 17 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by GPS
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

Hey Everyone,

There is a Secret Service in Elburn, IL on eBay ending in about 6 hours I wanted to warn you about. It is currently at $330 and I wouldn't pay over $150 for it personally.

My dad actually went to see this the other day to check on the condition. They don't have the key to the back so the status on battery damage is uncertain. Inside the cabinet was a dead dried up mouse in the corner and there appeared to be a bit of water damage in one of the corners. They playfield is real dirty as it sat for a long time, possibly in a barn, with no glass. Several of the plastics are missing as well. When plugged in, the sound buzzed and the display did not light. I believe a few lights lit on the playfield. Just wanted to give anyone who was thinking of bidding on this a heads up. I owned one of these in the past and paid less than the current bid on one that didn't need a whole lot of work like this one would at minimum. Who knows how bad that thing smells too!

#2 8 years ago

I was curious about this one too, found it odd someone would just leave a pinball in the basement when they moved. I now realize they didn't want to put the work into moving it.

#3 8 years ago

I thought for sure it wouldn't get bid on and it would go unsold at the starting bid of $250. Amazing what will sell sometimes. Then again this gives no description of anything you are really risking it going for something like this.

#4 8 years ago

At $250 it might have been worth a shot (clean the playfield, repair or replace the CPU after drilling out the lock). Now that you describe a dead mouse and water damage in the lower cabinet, I feel sorry for the guy that's bidding taking a gamble. He's going to be investing a lot of time resurrecting that thing.

#5 8 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

I was curious about this one too, found it odd someone would just leave a pinball in the basement when they moved. I now realize they didn't want to put the work into moving it.

Funny. I once found a Fathom in Boise Idaho that renters had left behind. Landlord was gong to take it to the dump. His son listed it on CL and I was first to see it. I offered $400 for it. Game booted up and was only missing the legs.

#6 8 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

found it odd someone would just leave a pinball in the basement when they moved.

This is how I got my first pin. It was sitting in my buddies basement when we moved him in.

#7 8 years ago

I checked it out also. The cab smells like urine . It does look like it sat in a barn and the dead rodent looked bigger than a mouse to me

#8 8 years ago

And I'm not sure the cab damage isn't from the urine it seemed kind of localized.

#9 8 years ago

If someone goes to look at it, convince the owner to allow you to drill out the lock so that you can accurately access the condition.

#10 8 years ago

Tell the owner to give it to you or he/she can pay to have it hauled to the landfill.
See what happens.
Good luck.

#11 8 years ago

Well someone paid $330 for it. Whomever it is, good luck.

#12 8 years ago

I hope they saw it first

#13 8 years ago

My dad said someone else took a look at it and id assume that to be you. If no one else stopped by they might be a little disappointed to find out what they bought!

#14 8 years ago

Coming to a craigslist near you

"Data easter secret service pin ball, doesn't boot. Missing playing field glass. Playing field could use a cleaning, has legs. Does not have keys. $500 OBO"

#15 8 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Coming to a craigslist near you
"Data easter Secret Service Pin Ball, doesn't boot. Missing playing field glass. Playing field could use a cleaning, has legs. Does not have keys. $500 OBO"

You forgot smells "funky".

#16 8 years ago

barn fresh is the proper term i think

#17 8 years ago

Love the humor!!!

G

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
2,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, OH
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Wichita, KS
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/secret-service-on-ebay-warning and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.