• Latest reply 4 years ago by Rolpa
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20190531_115433677 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190531_115417903 (resized).jpg
There are 56 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 4 years ago
Quoted from Rolpa:

Have some updates on this...
It's nothing to do with the playfield. If I unplug the connectors for both the switch driver and switch return and manually jump any row to column 7 with an alligator clip, then the MPU crashes.

This is still a problem even with the regular 6264 RAM?

#52 4 years ago
Quoted from Rolpa:

Not sure how I can do that if the switch driver is out.

Try to boot it with the NVRAM with the CN10 disconnected and the batteries installed. More worried about getting the game booted with several off/on cycles.

#53 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

This is still a problem even with the regular 6264 RAM?

Yep. But with the 6264 at least it gets into attract mode (with the switch drivers unplugged).

#54 4 years ago
Quoted from Rolpa:

Yep. But with the 6264 at least it gets into attract mode (with the switch drivers unplugged).

Hope you can get the NVRAM to do the same. Your board looks to have an issue that needs to be resolved. I have some ideas, but likely will be the late in the weekend before I can post some things. Do you have a multimeter or logic probe?

#55 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Hope you can get the NVRAM to do the same. Your board looks to have an issue that needs to be resolved. I have some ideas, but likely will be the late in the weekend before I can post some things. Do you have a multimeter or logic probe?

I do have a multimeter.

1 month later
#56 4 years ago

Figured I'd post an update...

Game is (mostly) fixed now. I reseated the PIA above the switch matrix on the board and the game flips, though a coil or two isn't firing. If anyone ever encounters similar issues with your game - check your PIA!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Wichita, KS
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, OH
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 18.95
There are 56 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/secret-service-boot-issue/page/2?hl=rolpa and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.