You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

005.JPG
003.JPG
#1 9 years ago

Hi,

I am just finishing a repair of a Secret Service pinball and the last problem that I have is with the "Ball Eater" mechanism. Due to a shorted driver transistor the coil that controls the action of bringing the eater down was permanently on, resulting in the coil and plunger being completely melted (I cannot tell if a sleeve was fitted). The part number of the paper coil wrapper is completely destroyed and so I cannot see the coil reference number. There does not seem to be a parts list for this mechanism anywhere so what I am really after are part numbers for the plunger, eater down coil (the smaller of the two coils on this mechanism) and sleeve if used.

Many thanks for any help that you can provide.

Mike

#2 9 years ago

The down coil is a 32-590. I found it at BAA. When I ordered it, it did already have a sleeve in it.

http://bayareaamusements.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=DX-32-500

I don't know the number for the plunger.

#3 9 years ago

I have a Secret Service as well, replaced the coil for the Eater but still having problems with the eater dropping. I replaced a transistor, but that hasn't helped either. It looks like the plunger isn't fully extending, so I'm not sure if it's a voltage problem. Let me know how things turn out for you.
Thanks!
Lee

#4 9 years ago

Thanks for the help. I will try to find the part within Europe as I am based in France.

Leelaw, I have not seen mine working so cannot be of much help. I replaced the driving TIP122 driving transistor as mine was short circuit. It could be the 2N4401 transistor that drives the TIP122 that is not turning on hard enough. I have also heard of a TB that involved removing 20 turns from the coil, or it could be just dirty!

Also see http://files.flipperspill.no/Support/Pinball/Serviceb/Stern/010_SB.PDF

Looks like I will have to re-manufacture the plastic part of the plunger without being able to source a new one.

Thanks again.
Mike

#5 9 years ago

Leelaw, can you confirm if this coil needs a sleeve or not?
Thanks.

#6 9 years ago

I'm am pretty certain that it does not, or at least I don't think mine has a sleeve. I will double check this afternoon when I get home.

#7 9 years ago

Bakerman, my coil does not have a sleeve.

#8 9 years ago

Many thanks leelaw. I have now remade the plastic part of the plunger and have a new coil on order. Here is a couple of pics of what happened to mine!005.JPG005.JPG003.JPG003.JPG

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Machine - For Sale
Wichita, KS
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, OH
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/secret-service-ball-eater-part-numbers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.