Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by fventry
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Found a Gottlieb Hi Dolly. Owners put it in storage 30yrs ago when it stopped working and forgot about it. Fixed the roto target, soldered a few wires back on here and there and made a few adjustments. Needs new rubber and cleaning but works just fine and in dam good condition for 48yrs old. Cabinet was repainted at some point, but playfield looks really good and back glass is dam near perfect.

Heres the issue. When you start a game and try to add second player, the motor spins, the second player lights, then the reset bar clicks and it goes back to one player.

Interestingly after you drain the first ball, you can then add a second player and the game will play normally for two players but starting on ball number two.

Then at the end of a two player game, it will not reset unless you unplug it.

Everything seems to work just fine for one player operation. Im new to EM machines but im familiar with how they work. If someone could help me narrow down the areas I need to look at, I would appreciate it.

#2 10 years ago

I don't know this game, but I'd check and clean the player up stepper and the ball count stepper first.

#3 10 years ago

Yes, I cleaned them and it looks like contacts are lining up pretty good. But I will take another look.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/second-player-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.