1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by adol75
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 1 year ago

I'm the happy owner of a #WOZ, that will stay with me for life and used to have a #STTNG that I sold after 10 years when I realized I wasn't playing it so much anymore, not that I didn't like the game but I got somewhat tired of it, because it didnt have a very deep ruleset.

I'm now looking at buying a second pinball, and have a few targets in my list, but I'm wondering about their game interest in the long run. One thing I really like with WOZ is the number of shots, the depth of the rule set and how I can decide to focus on some specific objectives everytime I play it. The wizard mode is a constant dream as I'm nowhere to being close to it, which I guess adds some long term try and retry to it.

In my list so far :
    - Attack from Mars : Really like the flow and the calls everytime I play it, but the game focuses a lot on the main saucer, so I fear it might become a bit boring for a home use.
    - Medieval Madness : I never realized how close this pinball is from AFM before I started playing both intensively, but it does have a few more additions (catapult, trolls), that bring some variety to the game. Playing it is an endless fun; and the castle is imho the best toy ever made on a pinball, destroying is a real excitement. But same as AFM, I'm worried about the long term excitement.
    - Simpsons Pinball Party : I discovered that one very late, after looking more closely at what Joe Balcer did. I do think he has a signature on his games, in many ways Simpsons and WOZ share some common concepts, the multi level playfield, the stackable modes and the depth of the ruleset. There is a lot to do on that game, but it comes at the expense of game flow. Like WOZ, the Simpsons is more a stop the ball, think of your next move, aim and shoot type of design. Houdini is a lot like that too, precision instead of action

So I'm debating with myself between an action game and a skills game and can't figure it out, any advice welcome !

#2 1 year ago

My vote would be AFM since it's different than the feel of WoZ/TSPP and in my opinion a better game than MM. Pick something that's different than your WoZ, whatever it may be!

#3 1 year ago

TSPP is like WoZ in that it is one tough cookie to beat. To have those as my only pins would be very frustrating. Deep yes but I like to think I have at least a chance. AFM or MM would be great candidates and either one would seem ideal to place next to WoZ.

#4 1 year ago

I have AFM and like it. Have you considered Star Wars? I really like it a lot and just got done playing it for over an hour, which is unusual for me I tend to jump around.

I totally agree on WOZ it's a keeper.

#5 1 year ago

I owned a WOZ for two years. Great game, but mine had a few problems. And once I got them all resolved, I sold it. However...

I wouldn’t go deep rules to pair with it. I’d pair it with something fun and fast. I just find that a quest game like WOZ needs a more shallow game to balance it out. AFM is the best choice out of your selections. Will it last 10 years? Probably not. However it’s a fun straightforward game. Iron Man comes to mind as well. Brutally fast and shallow, but an absolute blast.

1 week later
    #6 1 year ago

There has been so many new machines announced that I'm gonna wait a bit more before buying my second machine, I don't have the budget or space for more than 3 machines, so each step counts !

I must say Oktoberfest really impressed me, and looks spot on, I'm also curious about deeproot 90's license, about a maybe Toy Story from JJP, then rumors are coming up around TBL being "mass" produced, my money will go straight to it if it's true, TBL is a work of art !

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 10.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Mods for your pinballs
    $ 156.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 5,899.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 85.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 79.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 154.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 74.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 29.95
    $ 5,899.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 9.95
    Playfield - Protection
    ULEKstore
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 24.50
    £ 45.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballToys

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside