Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 43 posts
  • 34 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by cooked71
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4375 (resized).JPG
    image-40.jpg
    images (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider medisinyl.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#20 6 years ago
    Quoted from hawknole:

MB Frank, LOTR Balrog, neither are 2nd fiddle

While both of those are cool bash toys, neither feel as satisfying IMO as Sparky with the integrated Magnet/sounds/callouts, etc. (feels more "alive" I suppose) Sparky may be my vote for #2 as well (partially due to the awesome multi-ball start-up sequence). TOM Trunk I also find to be a more fun bash toy, but perhaps not as consistently rewarding feeling. I think all three bash toys on TWD Prem/LE are fairly rewarding (at least with the Bicycle Girl light mod..otherwise just the 2).

While not consistently fun enough to name anywhere near #2, I give some honorable mention to Captain Spaulding during What mode, as I enjoy the insults and the slight playfield change when he swings open to complete the mode and collect jackpots on the upper playfield.

#33 6 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

really? people are voting for a bobblehead on a spring over a mechanical head with blinking eyelids, eyes that move side to side to follow the ball around the table, a mouth that swallows the ball and spits it back out, opens and closes in time with the speech, a lower lip that quivers when he snores, and a voice that goes from friendly to taunting to menacing as you progress through the game? I guess that explains why Stern is content to dumb down their playfields -- their customers can't distinguish between Rudy and Sparky.

While I agree with that 100%, I also don't consider Rudy a mere "bash toy," nor do I really consider the MM castle a bash toy I suppose--both just seem more significant (toy itself interacting with the ball rather than just a magnet, etc.) than what I generally see referred to as a "bash toy."

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider medisinyl.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/second-best-bash-toy?tu=medisinyl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.