Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Hop-Pac
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider daintress.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

I have a Seawitch that played great for years. Slowly, it began occasionally failing to load a game properly. A simple restart would fix the issue. Now it won't load a game at all. When you turn the power button on, you get the usual number of beeps, the displays show the scores from the last games played, alternated with the highest score, and 9 credits are showing.

Playfield lights operate as if in attraction mode, but when you hit the button to start a game, nothing happens. A week ago, when you hit the button, a game would APPEAR to begin, until you realized it didn't kick a ball out and the flippers wouldn't activate...

We have tried some basic troubleshooting and it appears the game knows the ball is in the trough - at least, contact is being made. We put the meter on the test points at TP2 and TP4 are both up over 500 volts when they should be much lower. But I don't know what to do to fix that or even if it could be the cause of the problem. (Or the start of some other, unrelated problem!)

If anyone has any ideas, I'd be very appreciative! This is my very favorite game!

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

The test points on which board? Where did you put the black lead? Does start button register in switch test? Have you tried adding more credits anyway?

Rectifier/power driver board. The black lead was grounded to the braided ground wire. I can't get it into test mode to look at the switch tests - the buttons inside the coin door have no affect. The credit button does not add more credits, and neither does opening the door and forcing the switch closed.

#8 5 years ago

Could be a RAM issue, I guess. I hadn't really considered that.

The other test points measure reasonably close to where they should be, yes. I will check the wires next - as you know, they are very difficult for a n00b to trace. Especially since the machine has been worked on before (obv, at its age) and sometimes the color of wire that starts out is not the color that finishes. Lol!

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from eh97ac:

Seriously, you need to watch out if you have 500V floating around. Want to measure again?

My husband measured it several times since it was so surprising. I can ask him to measure again, if you don't feel he was accurate. It is, however, a large part of the reason I'm reaching out for help.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 3.00
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 10.00
3,100 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 69.00
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 300.00
Cabinet Parts
Fantastic Pinball Inc.

$ 45.00
Pinball Machine
Wall To Wall Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider daintress.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/seawitch-won-t-start-a-game?tu=daintress and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.