20180205_090045 (resized).jpg
20180205_085919 (resized).jpg
IMG_0132[1] (resized).JPG
IMG_0129[1] (resized).JPG
IMG_0131[1] (resized).JPG
IMG_0130[1] (resized).JPG
IMG_0128[1] (resized).JPG
IMG_0134[1] (resized).JPG
There are 100 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 6 years ago

These have been done for Fathom. Here's a link to that thread. http://tinyurl.com/y7y5e7ys If you are interested please post here and you will be added to the list. We need 25 orders to start production. The price should be close to that of the Fathom guides. Here is a link to those http://tinyurl.com/y9tq3n94

#2 6 years ago

I'll take a set!

#3 6 years ago

Note that if you just need the shooter lane stainless flapper part, Cliffy has a repro that is nice. Not shown on his website - you need to email him.

#4 6 years ago

I'll take a set.

#5 6 years ago

I would be in for a set

let me know if you need a set to work from as a template

#6 6 years ago

I will take a set.

Thanks,

Carey

#7 6 years ago

I'm interested, but I have a couple of questions.

1) What size rivets do you use to install the angle brackets to the stainless steel strips? Are you using the small head rivets like factory or are you using a larger head/larger shank rivet?

2) Are the guide strips elevated up and away from the play field surface or are they riding hard against the play field?

#8 6 years ago

Count me in for a set!

#9 6 years ago

Count me in for one set

#10 6 years ago

I'm in for a set.

#11 6 years ago

I'm in for 1 set.

#12 6 years ago

Count me in for one Seawitch set.

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I'm interested, but I have a couple of questions.
1) What size rivets do you use to install the angle brackets to the stainless steel strips? Are you using the small head rivets like factory or are you using a larger head/larger shank rivet?
2) Are the guide strips elevated up and away from the play field surface or are they riding hard against the play field?

We have sourced stainless steel rivets that match the size and look of the originals. I will post back what the final decision is on using them.

The guides are made to match the originals. If the originals were off the playfield then the repros would be off. If they float above the playfield I would be concerned about them wobbling on the mounting points and causing other issues. Maybe your guides were lose at some point then tightened down after this was noticed.

Same with the mounting points. If they have two holes then the repros would have two holes.

It looks like we are getting good interest on these. Does anyone have a donner set we can use to make these? We don't own this game.

#14 6 years ago

I already posted that I have a donor set that you can use (see post #5 above) and I'm not that far away (livonia, mi)

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from Orbian:

We have sourced stainless steel rivets that match the size and look of the originals. I will post back what the final decision is on using them.
The guides are made to match the originals. If the originals were off the playfield then the repros would be off. If they float above the playfield I would be concerned about them wobbling on the mounting points and causing other issues. Maybe your guides were lose at some point then tightened down after this was noticed.
Same with the mounting points. If they have two holes then the repros would have two holes.
It looks like we are getting good interest on these. Does anyone have a donner set we can use to make these? We don't own this game.

Thank you.

I will be in for one set.

#16 6 years ago

I'm in for 1 set.

#17 6 years ago

I just sent Orbian photos of the (3) ball guides in question (the outer and 2 inner riptide pieces)

#18 6 years ago

I'd be in for a set

#19 6 years ago

In for a set, also on Stargazer as well.

#20 6 years ago

In for a set.

#21 6 years ago

These are the 3 guides I have pictures of. Since neither of us has the machine. Is there anything missing that should be included with this set?

IMG_0134[1] (resized).JPGIMG_0134[1] (resized).JPG

IMG_0128[1] (resized).JPGIMG_0128[1] (resized).JPG

IMG_0130[1] (resized).JPGIMG_0130[1] (resized).JPG

IMG_0131[1] (resized).JPGIMG_0131[1] (resized).JPG

IMG_0129[1] (resized).JPGIMG_0129[1] (resized).JPG

IMG_0132[1] (resized).JPGIMG_0132[1] (resized).JPG

#22 6 years ago
Quoted from Orbian:

These are the 3 guides I have pictures of. Since neither of us has the machine. Is there anything missing that should be included with this set?

I'm not at home to look at my Seawitch but I think you have what is needed.

I don't know how others feel about this but you should consider producing the one-way ball gate, too. All it is is a 1" piece of aluminum angle and approximately 6" of .010" of stainless steel riveted to the angle to make a one way flap door.

#23 6 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I'm not at home to look at my Seawitch but I think you have what is needed.
I don't know how others feel about this but you should consider producing the one-way ball gate, too. All it is is a 1" piece of aluminum angle and approximately 6" of .010" of stainless steel riveted to the angle to make a one way flap door.

+1 for this suggestion. This is a part that breaks easily and people have to hand make replacements.

#24 6 years ago

Cliffy makes the flap, Orbian maybe you can do a bulk buy and offer up the combo.

#25 6 years ago
Quoted from eh97ac:

Cliffy makes the flap, Orbian maybe you can do a bulk buy and offer up the combo.

As I stated in post #3 above....

#26 6 years ago

I count 14 people in so far, 11 to go people

#27 6 years ago

I am in for a set for Seawitch and Stargazer as well.

#28 6 years ago

I'd be in for a set!

#29 6 years ago

I'm in for a set!

1 week later
#30 6 years ago

We need to get 8 more orders to move this project forward. I have a separate post for Star Gazer guides and it is moving forward.

http://tinyurl.com/y7tgw9vb

#31 6 years ago

Correction, you now need 7 more. I'm in for a set.

2 weeks later
#32 6 years ago

What should be the price for the sets?

#33 6 years ago

Here are the Metalgate

20180205_085919 (resized).jpg20180205_085919 (resized).jpg
20180205_090045 (resized).jpg20180205_090045 (resized).jpg

one square are 0,5 cm

total length = 15,5 cm
total width = 2,5 cm

#34 6 years ago

6 more to go, I'm in for a set.

#36 6 years ago
Quoted from Sly311271:

Here are the Metalgate

one square are 0,5 cm
total length = 15,5 cm
total width = 2,5 cm

Length 15 cm = 5.90 inches.

You would need to make the gate one inch to two inches longer.

Why? Because when you hit a ball going into the orbit from the left side and as it flies around it slams into the gate and makes the gate flex which throws off how the ball is supposed to travel. The gate flexes and drops down and sort of springs back and pushes the ball away from the right upper flipper. This makes it hard to get a double orbit shot.

A gate that is two inches longer allows for some tension to be preloaded into the gate and helps to get a more solid shot. I took my Cliffy gate off within a couple of hours of installing it and made one from polycarbonate that I was able to tension to a point where I get no flex.

Two inches might be a bit too long but any excess can be clipped of with some tin snips and the length can be fine tuned.

#37 6 years ago

I'll take two

1 week later
#39 6 years ago

Orbian
are we getting close enough that you'll want me to send the donor set?

#40 6 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

Orbian
are we getting close enough that you'll want me to send the donor set?

When the Star Gazer guides are completed we will move forward with these. I'll let you know when to send those and where. I'm hoping it will be soon!

Thanks!

2 weeks later
#41 6 years ago

current list:
xeneize 1
bluespin 1
j.m. 1 (providing the donor set)
8STxaggie 1
cottonm4 1
gabegabegabe 1
paddlepaw 1
dothedoo 1
MattS 1
kickabit 1
indy5mike 1
Venom_249 1
Talon2000 1
leaffan67 1
parabol420 1
jeffmd72 1
megadeth2600 1
ibuypinballs 1
Tsskinne 1
KHL 2
Lovef2k 1

total: 22

#42 6 years ago

We only need 3 more!

#43 6 years ago

Add me to the seawitch list

#44 6 years ago

If you are interested in the under playfield support brackets. Please read this post!

http://tinyurl.com/y72osecx

#45 6 years ago

I'm in

1 week later
#46 6 years ago

Please count me in for a set.

#47 6 years ago

that's 25 of us now

#48 6 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

that's 25 of us now

Yes I see! The Star Gazer guides are being worked on now. These will be started when those are finished. We're still trying to get feedback on the under playfield support brackets. We need to know if they're the same on all playfields or game specific?

#49 6 years ago

I'm in for 1 set Seawitch stainless steel.

thanks

4 weeks later
#50 5 years ago
Quoted from Orbian:

Yes I see! The Star Gazer guides are being worked on now. These will be started when those are finished. We're still trying to get feedback on the under playfield support brackets. We need to know if they're the same on all playfields or game specific?

I have had 4 different F2K games and only one of them had the pf supports. I have also seen them on a Meteor. So atleast the top piece will be longer on the wide body games. IIRC, the hole spacing was equal along the length of the supports making them non game specific? I do remember that the spacing coincided with the screw holes going through to the wood side rails, meaning that the screws holding the supports also held the wood rails to the pf. So maybe they are game specific.

I'd be more interested in a reproduction pf support hanger, the 2 brackets that slide into the lockdown receiver. These are usually rust and bent.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 300.00
Cabinet Parts
Fantastic Pinball Inc.

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems

3,100 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 45.00
Pinball Machine
Wall To Wall Pinball

$ 3.00
$ 69.00
There are 100 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/seawitch-stainless-steel-ball-guides and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.