Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

004-442.JPG
#1 9 years ago

New playfields will be coming into production this summer. Turns out Foremost hasn't done the yellow arrows since 1993. Is this a big deal for buyers or would you be ok with other colors? I have blue, amber, clear etc. in translucent with the starburst ribs if that's what they are called. Almost all the other light lenses are here for production.

#2 9 years ago

Does Foremost still have the molds on site?

Or were they part of Gene's bounty?

#3 9 years ago

All your arrow inserts are ribbed? Not sure how that would look with no other inserts of that type, but clear might be interesting -- we could use whatever color bulb we want.

#4 9 years ago

I would be fine with the blue ribbed ones or even clear. Not a deal breaker for me in any way.

#5 9 years ago

Foremost wants $400 set up & a minimum 50,000 lense run for 1 1/2" yellow opaque triangle arrow. Marco has a green trans ribbed one also. So it looks like I'm limited to mostly Pinball Resource lenses that are still available.

Color choices are white, red, & purple opaque. Blue, green, or orange translucent arrows. So it looks like I will ask people their choice for their playfield. I think all are good choices except for purple.
004-442.JPG004-442.JPG

#6 9 years ago

Clear, blue, or purple. Im still in for whatever.

#7 9 years ago

The clear looks good in that pic.

#8 9 years ago

Clear or blue imo

#9 9 years ago

are the round loop inserts going to be blue or purple?

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from rstrunks:

Agreed.

#11 9 years ago

The round loop inserts are blue.

#12 9 years ago

If they're the opaque ones would it be possible to cut them on a laser?

#13 9 years ago

Can you put a yellow light beneath white to see how yellow it becomes? Can you get clear?

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

Clear or blue imo

I agree

#15 9 years ago

I am only going to use what is available for the yellow arrow. So each person who has pre ordered one will decide.

#16 9 years ago
Quoted from rstrunks:

Guess it does, since I can't even see it.

#17 9 years ago

There are no clear ones available, you are correct.

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from greatwichjohn:

There are no clear ones available, you are correct.

Oh, count me in for white then.

#19 9 years ago

My vote is for the opaque white. Then you can color match with LEDs or colored incandescent lights. There's something to be said for the red ones though since the 2X text is almost the same color...

http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=2089&picno=19810&zoom=1

Tell you what, put white in my playfield and throw 2 red ones in the box in case I change my mind later.

#20 9 years ago

I'm going to install the originals, but I'd pick white or red opaque to replace the translucent yellows. the jeweled inserts don't match.

#21 9 years ago

It's a very generous offer to make them based on customer request.

If I could see a link to a playfield with all the inserts lit at once, then I could make a better judgment call on it.

Sounds like white gives the most flexibility. I'd like to see what the playfield looks like lit up in lamp test, to get a sense of what colors signify what...

-mof

#22 9 years ago
Quoted from greatwichjohn:

Foremost wants $400 set up & a minimum 50,000 lense run for 1 1/2" yellow opaque triangle arrow.

That $400 includes "re-conditioning" the mold?

What was the cost of the 50,000 lens?

#23 9 years ago

Also, I have noticed that the PBR Gottlieb arrows are slightly fatter than the SS Williams arrows of the same length.

I'm not sure which size Stern used back in the day.

#24 9 years ago

Looks like a perfect match for exact size all the 6 that are available. Marco is still talking with Foremost to see if they will support a very small quantity order. Neither of us are going to invest in 50k, maybe hundreds to 1k only. I looked & it looks like Stern rarely used the yellow arrow in other pins. If you can think of other titles please chime in.

Also another vendor might be able to produce them, so there is still hope.

#25 9 years ago

Freefall uses 3, Iron Maiden uses 1, Lightning uses 2, Cheetah uses 5.

I have a spare Freefall playfield I could pop the arrows out of and send to you.

#26 9 years ago

Don't need them thanks. Foremost & the other source have the mold. Thanks for the other pin titles, might help with Marco buying inserts.

#27 9 years ago

Nine Ball uses one also.

#28 9 years ago
Quoted from bjsilverballs:

Tell you what, put white in my playfield and throw 2 red ones in the box in case I change my mind later.

Duh, I just read sanctumwear's post and yeah, I'd probably use my original yellow ones as well. I'd want the clear ones in case I F up the removal of the originals though...

#29 9 years ago

If you can get a finger in the insert wiggle it back and forth from the top and bottom and it should pop out.

#30 9 years ago

My vote is for opaque white, but would prefer yellow...even if it meant we all chip in another 10-20 bucks each to fund the lens production run. What does everyone else think about that idea? Personally, installing old inserts in a freshly clear coated playfield is a great idea, but not ideal...We have all been patient and committed to this project, so a little more invested time and money is no big deal from my perspective.

#31 9 years ago

I'm in.

#32 9 years ago

Might still be able to make new yellow ones. I'm waiting on a price from another vendor. I'm hoping only to buy 200 - 1000.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/seawitch-playfields and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.