• 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by wayout440
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ac3 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ryanwanger.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

Picked up a Seawitch somewhat recently. It came with a mix of incandescents and LEDs in the inserts, which I learned causes really nasty ghosting everywhere. Switched them all to regular LED bulbs, and that removed the ghosting. But, it still had the flickering that happens for this era of games for inserts that are lit solidly.

So I added the Bally/Stern LED Adapter board, and that didn't help.

The board requires around 6v, and I'm measuring 3-4vdc on all of the controlled lights...both under the playfield, and the few in the backbox.

I'm looking at this page (http://techniek.flipperwinkel.nl/ballyss/rep/index1.htm#tp) and see that my TP1 on the rectifier board registers the correct voltage. J1-7 on the same board is showing the correct voltage.

However, none of the pins in J3 related to "switched illumination" (according to flipperwinkel) show any voltage: J3-3, J3-4, J3-6, J3-14. (However the other unrelated pins on J3 seemed to be in the correct range). I had the connector off entirely and was measuring the pins directly.

What are the next steps here? New rectifier board? Or am I measuring something wrong?

I don't know a ton about this era, but I'm surprised that the inserts are working at all, given the lack of voltage on all of those pins.

#3 5 years ago

Thanks. That info differs slightly from the flipperwinkel site.

Ultimately I'm trying to figure out why I'm only getting 3-4v at the inserts, when it should be in the 5-6v range.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
3,100 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 300.00
Cabinet Parts
Fantastic Pinball Inc.

$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 3.00
4,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clermont, FL
Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

$ 45.00
Pinball Machine
Wall To Wall Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ryanwanger.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/seawitch-low-voltage-at-inserts?tu=ryanwanger and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.