8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by KenH
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider patrickvc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

I have installed new flipper assemblies and while I don't have another SW to reference to the flipper assemblies still feel clunky like they bounce back a little after they flip. My Nineball is nice and smooth with older worn assemblies on it. Anyway I have adjusted the EOS switches, adjusted and filed the cabinet switches, and it seems to me that with new assemblies I should be able to make a nice strong shot around the rip tide with the left flipper. Now I am aware the shot geometry on this game isn't the greatest, but I watch videos of gameplay and feel that my flippers just don't react nice snappy and strong. I have noticed I get really big blue arcs off the EOS switches and the gi flickers when I hit the flippers. This game was dead when I got it and most flipper stuff was gone so I don't have any prior gameplay to compare it to. I have thought of converting over to WPC style on the bottom two assemblies to get some more smooth action, I am just posting to see if I am overlooking something.

#2 8 years ago

The coils are a bit hot when touching them after 20 games over the paper.

#4 8 years ago

I believe so. Where could I have screwed them up where they still would work? Just curious. I will double check

#6 8 years ago

they appear to be correct

#7 8 years ago

I will start by replacing the cab switches. I did notice better improvement when I oiled the spinner. That thing must have been dry. That flap is another issue in itself. It takes out all ball momentum when hit. The only pet peave I have now is the flipper bounce when it goes back to rest. I hate that.

#9 8 years ago

Exactly my thoughts too. Classic bally is much better I do have a link kit I will swap and try it

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toppers
$ 45.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider patrickvc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/seawitch-flippers-get-weak-even-after-new-assemblies?tu=patrickvc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.