Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 23 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by mulder2010
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-619.jpg
    image-187.jpg
    image.jpg
    #1 9 years ago

Got a chance to stop by the Pinball Museum in Seattle on the way to Vancouver and really had a great time. 50+ machines in good condition. Worth checking out if you are in the area. I'll post some pictures latter if anyone is interested.

Got to play some pins I'd never played before. Got my initials up on Godzilla, which was a game I'd never played before.

Great place worth checking out

#2 9 years ago

Yup, nice spot, I stop in every time I'm up that way. good folk.

1 month later
    #3 9 years ago

I was able to spend a few hours there last night with my son and nieces and had a great time. The machines were in great shape and it was nice to play so many machines that I have only heard about. In particular they had a very nice Champion Pub and CFTBL. Now if I only had more room in the house...

#4 9 years ago

Charlie and Cindy are salt of the earth and do this Hobby well. If your ever out Seattle way you need to go check Their Pinball Museum out they keep the machines in great order!

#5 9 years ago

Love this place. You really get your money's worth for the entrance fee.

#6 9 years ago

any pictures?

#7 9 years ago

Was just there with my buddy Jeff (seen in pic) a few weeks ago. Awesome place, think she said we drank the most beer she's ever seen anyone drink there in awhile hahha....

image-187.jpgimage-187.jpg

image.jpgimage.jpg

image-619.jpgimage-619.jpg

4 weeks later
    #8 9 years ago

Thank you all for the kind words! The SPM is a labor of love and effort to promote the enjoyment of pinball for as many as we possibly can. On occasion the breakdowns can overwhelm me but we keep on fixing them as best we can. Huge thanks to you all for coming, having fun and drinking beer!

Charlie and Cindy.

#9 9 years ago

I'll be back to set the beer drinking record.

#10 9 years ago

I went there a few weeks ago when I was in Seattle. Very cool place. Definitely worth seeing.

1 month later
    #11 9 years ago

Been there many times, Would go more if I lived closer.

#12 9 years ago

how much do they gouge you to get in the door?

#13 9 years ago

From Yelp

"Come play an amazing collection. 50 plus games ranging from the 1960's to present, on free play.
    Tournaments, pinball classes, Launch of new Stern & Jersey Jack Pinball machines,
    Beer, Soft Drinks, Snacks & T-shirts.
    Private events welcome, email or call for pricing
    [email protected]
    Find us on Facebook
    Adults $13.00, Kids 12 and Under $10.00 (one entry)
    Adults $18.00, Kids 12 and Under $15.00 All Day Pass "

#14 9 years ago

I think $13 is a steal for unlimited pinball!!

#15 9 years ago
    Quoted from shakenbake:

I think $13 is a steal for unlimited pinball!!

It is. Though as I have said before, I would gladly pay double and have all the machines in good playable order.

#16 9 years ago
    Quoted from Zippee:

how much do they gouge you to get in the door?

Go away guy. Was $10 and I think now $13. Not bad at all. Games are always being swapped out, well lit and play great. Cool people run that place and a nice lil drink selection as well. 13$ is 26 games and they have some stern LEs too which can be .75-100 per play so you do the basic math

#17 9 years ago

What I don't understand is why an operator does not just let people in and run the machines via coins, like they were built to be operated.

Unless it deals with silly license issues. Then I understand.

#18 9 years ago

Here in parts of Ohio you have to pay a crazy per machine tax every year with coin op. Putting things on free play are a way around that. Not sure about Seattle though.

#19 9 years ago

Seattle has many coin-op arcades. The people running the Pinball Museum have elected to run it like a museum. You pay a fee to enter and then you can experience the exhibits.

#20 9 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

What I don't understand is why an operator does not just let people in and run the machines via coins, like they were built to be operated.
    Unless it deals with silly license issues. Then I understand.

Because you get a way better deal this way? A place with 50 nice machines in working shape. You can burn through $13 super easy with the coin drop. This way you save a bit and they don't have to deal with thousands of annoying quarters. And you can pay with a debt/credit card at the door too, always convenient for those not carrying cash. Being 2014 and all...Gotta change with the times my friend.

#21 9 years ago

More pictures!!

Im moving to the west coast tomorrow. Cant wait to pop by this place during my surf trips down the coast!

1 month later
    #22 9 years ago

I had the chance to stop by and check out the Pinball Museum on Saturday - great variety of machines and in much better condition than I would have imagined for the foot traffic. The WOZ was the best playing one I've been on yet and was a blast.

They were steadily walking around wiping machines down and doing minor maintenance ... but not at all intrusive on the play of anyone there.

Really nice place to visit and will definitely be back.

#23 9 years ago

Stopped in there last week and had a good time. Charlie and Cindy are very nice people. The game selection was interesting, a lot of 'A' titles, EMs, 'B's and 'C's.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/seattle-pinball-museum-was-great and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.