(Topic ID: 1735)

Seattle Pinball Museum Project Opens 9/2!

By LaughingOtter

13 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by BC_Gambit
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider LaughingOtter.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 13 years ago

Hi!
    Seattle is opening its first Pinball Museum!
    Located at 508 Maynard Ave. S. in the International District (south of downtown Seattle), we have managed to get 13 pinball tables and 3 pachinko games in here so far! We're trying for another five tables so we can claim to have the most pinball machines in a public place in Washington State.
    Grand Opening is TOMORROW! The Big Opening Bash is on Saturday starting at 5:00PM!

I'm not just a player, I'm a co-founder!

I'll post up our opening exhibits if anyone would like to see...

#6 13 years ago

OK, here's the lineup:
    Bumper - Bally 1936
    Rack-A-Ball - Gottlieb 1961
    Fun Land - Gottlieb 1968
    Stardust - Williams 1971
    Time Zone - Bally 1971
    Count-Down - Gottlieb 1979
    Harlem Globetrotters - Bally 1979
    Future Spa - Bally 1979
    Mystic - Bally 1980
    Flash Gordon - Bally 1981
    Devil Riders - Zaccaria 1984
    Attila The Hun - Game Plan 1984
    The Shadow - Bally 1994

#9 13 years ago

That's just what we've done, lb45! See Fiorella LaGuardia smashing a machine with a big sledgehammer! See Roger Sharpe making the shots that would make pinball legal again! See pinball being enjoyed through the last 80 or so years!

We're still working on the Pinball Evolution display that shows how the different parts evolved.

We have old backglasses and tables up on the walls too. Lighting is very good inside.

It's an all ages place, too, which makes it practically unique for any pinball place.

Oh, yeah, more than 100 people showed up last night! Hell of an Opening Night, I'll tell you! We had originally intended to close at 8:00, but we saw that at that time all the games were being played and there were close to 40 people inside, so we wound up staying until 9:30 when things had finally tapered off.

So I'm prepping up the pictures we took and getting them ready for a web album. When I'm done I'll post the URL. Sound good?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider LaughingOtter.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/seattle-pinball-museum-project-opens-92?tu=LaughingOtter and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.