(Topic ID: 1735)

Seattle Pinball Museum Project Opens 9/2!

By LaughingOtter

8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by BC_Gambit
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 8 years ago

Hi!
    Seattle is opening its first Pinball Museum!
    Located at 508 Maynard Ave. S. in the International District (south of downtown Seattle), we have managed to get 13 pinball tables and 3 pachinko games in here so far! We're trying for another five tables so we can claim to have the most pinball machines in a public place in Washington State.
    Grand Opening is TOMORROW! The Big Opening Bash is on Saturday starting at 5:00PM!

I'm not just a player, I'm a co-founder!

I'll post up our opening exhibits if anyone would like to see...

#2 8 years ago

congrats - are these going to be playable?

#3 8 years ago

Wow, congrats and good luck with it. Lucky Ju Ju (aka Pacific Pinball Museum) started off in one room with 16 machines. Now they run the biggest show in the world.

#4 8 years ago

I see you're on facebook (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Seattle-Pinball-Museum/131237786915560). Looks like everything will be playable -- can you post the lineup?

#5 8 years ago

Great way to get more people into pinball,
    hope it works well for you

#6 8 years ago

OK, here's the lineup:
    Bumper - Bally 1936
    Rack-A-Ball - Gottlieb 1961
    Fun Land - Gottlieb 1968
    Stardust - Williams 1971
    Time Zone - Bally 1971
    Count-Down - Gottlieb 1979
    Harlem Globetrotters - Bally 1979
    Future Spa - Bally 1979
    Mystic - Bally 1980
    Flash Gordon - Bally 1981
    Devil Riders - Zaccaria 1984
    Attila The Hun - Game Plan 1984
    The Shadow - Bally 1994

#7 8 years ago

Very cool. Send pics

#8 8 years ago

I think museums should install "information corners " with technical articles , pictures , old pieces or prototypes , old newpapers about pinballs, or technology informations :

"history" and not only "machines to play"

Don't make a dark gameroom , only for addict gamers , but an open space for everyone : children to adults to invite to dream about this destiny.

Your opinion is welcome ..

#9 8 years ago

That's just what we've done, lb45! See Fiorella LaGuardia smashing a machine with a big sledgehammer! See Roger Sharpe making the shots that would make pinball legal again! See pinball being enjoyed through the last 80 or so years!

We're still working on the Pinball Evolution display that shows how the different parts evolved.

We have old backglasses and tables up on the walls too. Lighting is very good inside.

It's an all ages place, too, which makes it practically unique for any pinball place.

Oh, yeah, more than 100 people showed up last night! Hell of an Opening Night, I'll tell you! We had originally intended to close at 8:00, but we saw that at that time all the games were being played and there were close to 40 people inside, so we wound up staying until 9:30 when things had finally tapered off.

So I'm prepping up the pictures we took and getting them ready for a web album. When I'm done I'll post the URL. Sound good?

#10 8 years ago

Congratulations and Best of Luck with the Museum.

I have a Count-Down that I think is one of the best system 1 games.
    Simple but addictive.

2 years later
    #11 6 years ago

Old topic I know, but just wanted to add my two cents on this since I made my first visit to the Seattle Pinball Museum yesterday. Needless to say I was really impressed! Makes me wish we had something like this in AK. Highly recommend that anyone passing through Seattle take the time to stop by and support the great work they're doing.

2 months later
    #12 6 years ago

Thanks for the kind words Ak-tilt. We try very hard to present the best pinball we can.

#13 6 years ago

I have enjoyed my two visits as well; there are not many family friendly pinball places out there (except Seattle seems to be blessed with many of them...). Your place is great, I look forward to making my ~ yearly pilgrimage back!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 24.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 14.50
    Electronics
    PinballElectronics.com
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 69.00
    $ 25.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 7.65
    Cabinet Parts
    Third Coast Pinball
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 9.95
    $ 44.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinBoss Mods
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Flip N Out Pinball
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 14.00
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 29.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Batman 66 Premium Out of stock
    Operation Pinball
    $ 24.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside