Topic Stats

• 25 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Kneissl
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Hey folks, looking at a local Demolition Man. Anyone know the above guy? Seems to have a good collection.

#3 10 years ago

If that demo man came from Portland..
Not collector quality but above player quality for sure, shopped about a year ago with LEDs and plays really nice.

#4 10 years ago

Yeah, that's exactly his description, thorough work a year ago, LEDs, great play field. Basically all I care about.

Thanks for the notes Freeplay and Pdx.

#5 10 years ago

No problem
A local friend just did a trade with him so I assume that's his old DM...
I borrowed that very game for about two months last year and had a lot of fun...
I hope my GC is still on there!

DM is a very fun pin
Even better when you learn all the secret jackpots!

#6 10 years ago

Welby is a long time.collector who is also good with repairs. He picks up a ton of great stuff and is good with his descriptions. Very well respected collectorand seller over here

#7 10 years ago

Well, this is all very encouraging. Thanks folks.

On the other hand, looks like I may have to take a drive tomorrow. Anyone ever fit a wide body in an old model Mazda 3 hatch?

#8 10 years ago

Welby is a good guy. He lives about 3 miles from me. I do alot of board repairs and machine repairs for him as well as monitor repairs too.

Be sure to call before going there.

Welby also exhibits some of his machines at the NW Pinball Show in Tacoma.

#9 10 years ago

Have emailed back and forth throughout the years. Seems like a straight forward guy but I do not think I have bought from him.

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from KenLayton:

Welby is a good guy. He lives about 3 miles from me. I do alot of board repairs and machine repairs for him as well as monitor repairs too.
Be sure to call before going there.
Welby also exhibits some of his machines at the NW Pinball Show in Tacoma.

Thanks Ken. You do any work on this Demolition Man? Played it?

#11 10 years ago

No, I have not worked on it. I only got to see it yesterday, but did not have a chance to play it. I did see it lit up though. The LED's are eye-popping! I was busy and only had a chance to stop by Welby's yesterday to pick up a 555 type pop bumper lamp socket to fix a Mousin Around at another location.

Welby has also started to collect video arcade games. His house is so crowded with both pinball and video arcade games now it's almost like a mini version of the NW Pinball Show!

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

If that demo man came from Portland..Not collector quality but above player quality for sure, shopped about a year ago with LEDs and plays really nice.

No that DM I have and it sold to someone else who is picking it up Sun. Welby has a different one.

#13 10 years ago

No that demo man came from Portland from my buddy Ethan

#14 10 years ago

Welby has that Demo Man sold.

Now I'm working on a Gottlieb "Ice Fever" he just picked up and it has board problems with several boards in it. It does not have any of the ground mods done yet so I will be doing those too. I've got the CPU board to work on right now and the driver board too had some cooked transistors.

#15 10 years ago

Yeah, it was sold before Welby even sent pics. It's the shitty reality of living off in the boonies! Always next time!

#16 10 years ago

Bought my Cyclone from Welby and it's in great shape. Nice guy and is quite a collector. I've reached out to him when looking for other machines as well and he is always a help.

#17 10 years ago

If anyone needs pinball playfield glass, new or used, then contact Welby. He's got it. Used good condition glass is dirt cheap.

#18 10 years ago

Welby is a fu#$ing magician. Every day, he finds a truckload of pins. I swear, by now, he must have a thousand. I've bought pins from Welby. Not a complaint to be said. Great guy.

1 week later
#19 10 years ago

Welby represents his pins well, I am happy with my purchases I had with him. He also seemed disproportionately helpful than he needed to be. I would not hesitate to buy from him again.

#20 10 years ago

Welby is legit

#21 10 years ago

Kneissl... you bought from SC? Ships well too then, eh what?

#22 10 years ago

Welby is good people. I have bought several games from him and he is always upfront about any issues the game may have.

He always wipes down the playfield with Novus, installs new balls, new rubber and new sheet of glass too. That's more than many will do.

#23 10 years ago

If you buy a Gottlieb System 80 machine from Welby, he has me install power indicating LEDs on all the boards and do the ground mods. Also, I update all the pop bumper driver boards and install the LEDs on them too.

#24 10 years ago

I have done business with Welby in the past. He is good people. The machine was given to me as advertised. The machine was actually really clean. I highly recommend and wouldn't think twice about doing business with him in the future.

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

Kneissl... you bought from SC? Ships well too then, eh what?

I'm sure Welby ships, but i know of him from when i lived in WA.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Monroe Township, NJ
$ 85.00
4,690 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
La Porte, TX
$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
86Pixels

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/seattle-collector-anyone-know-welby and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.