Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 69 posts
  • 30 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by dasvis
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20180323_162745 (resized).jpg
    6A012838-4A8F-443D-9BAC-D8106833C98D (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20180509-001335 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robf.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#32 5 years ago

I would suggest the Jupiter Bar over Shorties if you had to choose one. But they are only a block apart Tripple Knock in Tacoma is better still if you can get yourself some transportation. It's worth your while to make it to Tacoma anyway for the NWPAS. Also to get down to the pinball museum catch the link light rail. The International station is only 3 blocks away.

#45 5 years ago
    Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

While Jupiter has a large selection of games, every time I've gone there, they're blasting music which makes it hard to hear them. One of the biggest downsides of playing games on route for me.

This is 100% accurate. It's the only thing I don't like about the place. My suggestion is to go Friday when they open at 2. For whatever reason they go from "it's kind of loud in here" to "holy hell my ears are bleeding" around 4:30. No chance for conversation or hearing the games after that. Luckily you don't need hearing to enjoy the awesome sandwiches.

Quoted from tacshose:

Maybe eat before visiting china town where the Seattle Pinball Museum is located. This was on the same street lol

Actually, there are a lot of great places to eat in the Int'l District. I would suggest Tai Tung . They claim to be Seattle's oldest Chinese restaurant and Bruce Lee's favorite. Food is good and the server lady (I think she's the owner?) is hilarious and really makes the experience. It's right around the corner from the museum.

#48 5 years ago
    Quoted from Slugmeister:

Since we are venturing farther out of town now lol I figured I'd throw a bone to my favorite venue.8 Bit Arcade in downtown Renton.Easy parking,a variety of good eats within a few blocks.And best of all around 30 very well maintained pins.

Yep another great suggestion. They have a TNA on the floor. Same owners as the Tripple Knock. Again, will need an additional piece of transportation. Renton is pretty close to the airport if that helps?

#65 5 years ago
    Quoted from cavalier88z24:

This is great thread. I'm going to Northwest show. first timer to the Seattle area. I start driving next wedesday night. I will have my own vehical. So I will be looking for somewhere to go in the meantime when the show isn't happening. downtime. no plans just kinda bum around since I'm going by myself and don't know anyone out there. lol
    a couple questions? tell me more about shorty's is it a barcade to just go and play? or charge a fee?
    about how far of a drive is it from the Northwest show convention center to the pinball museum?
    what are the hours of the museum?
    How is the traffic? driving on Friday and sat?
    thinking about the museum on Saturday because of traffic? thank you for your input

Assume 40min to drive from Tacoma to Seattle. Hours of the museum is on their website along with the current game list. Traffic range from tolerable to awful. It's going to be a roll of the dice.

Quoted from cavalier88z24:

Is it super huge?. the website looks like it has booths to sit in?

No. Shorties is a small dark and dank (in a good way) bar with a game room in the back. It has a cool theme, but I wouldn't drive to Seattle just for a visit. I'll say again, explore Tacoma. Plenty of good eats and drinks without the Seattle headaches. Look up the Tripple Knock (5-minutes from NWPAS) and 8-bit in Renton (25-min from NWPAS). Explore the food options around those places and you should be set.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robf.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/seattle-bound?tu=robf and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.