Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 69 posts
  • 30 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by dasvis
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20180323_162745 (resized).jpg
    6A012838-4A8F-443D-9BAC-D8106833C98D (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20180509-001335 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider FlashDaddy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#36 5 years ago
    Quoted from tacshose:

Seattle has a problem though, the crime and homeless is OUT OF CONTROL. My wife and I walked to dinner one night during the day and was uncomfortable so we decided to UBER back in the dark.
    Seattle reminds me of a city that does not have its shit figured out yet about what it wants to be...

Aren't you from St Louis? The city with the highest murder rate in the US?

https://bismarcktribune.com/news/national/the-cities-with-the-highest-murder-rates-in-the-us/collection_5a789407-4d43-5403-ad56-7c47880bda8e.html

Seattle isn't even on the list. We do have a very visible homeless population and if you're downtown you'll get hit up for change a lot. That's very different from violent crime though, of which Seattle has very, very little for a city of its size.

Skip the Pinball Museum. The games aren't in good condition and it's more expensive if you're an even okay player than just paying per game. Jupiter and Shorty's are a block away from each other downtown. Add A Ball, Ice Box, Bad Jimmy's Brewing, and 4 B's all have between 10 and 30 games in Fremont and are within walking distance of each other. Ballard has Full Tilt Ice Cream and Olaf's. Greenwood has Coindexters and Houndstooth. Georgetown has Flip Flip Ding Ding. I can personally vouch for the maintenance of all the tables at any of the listed locations.

http://www.skill-shot.com has an updated list of every location, game and tournament in the city. Our competitive scene is fierce. Add A Ball Wednesday is the largest weekly event in the city, and perhaps the world. You'll likely play against 5 or more IFPA top 500 players if you attend.

Our beer is fantastic. Especially if you like IPAs.

Let me know if you have any questions! Enjoy your stay!

#49 5 years ago
    Quoted from Oldgoat:

I've got to say, I'm not a big fan of the current scene of IPA's. They got popular a few years ago and now it seems to be a race to see who can have the highest IBU's. "Hey let's dry hop this for three weeks, adding more every 6 hours!"

Anyhow, I do appreciate the advice; although you definitely seem to be in the minority about the pinball museum.

You actually described exactly how I like my IPAs! But really, you'll find every style of beer here. We won't disappoint on that front.

It's been a while since I was at SPM, so maybe it's gotten better, but the repair issues were obviously a problem the last time I was there. Not minor things like a playfield light being out. Things like the visor on Pinbot not opening. I honestly hope it's improved, as it's very much a tourist attraction and it might be someone's only exposure to pinball in years or ever. I don't feel like my opinion is in the minority among serious players that actually live in Seattle though. There are just too many good places to play with full time techs. Plus at $20 per person per day, you could buy between 30 and 40+ games at literally any other location in the city, plus matches and replays, so I don't think it's a good value. Many locations here are 50 cents a play and nearly all of them don't go over 75 cents.

#58 5 years ago
    Quoted from Oldgoat:

Those are two that we would have wanted to play

Both Batman 66' and AFMr are available at Add A Ball for 50 cents a play. You'd have to take a trip outside the city limits to 8-Bit in Renton or Another Castle in Marysville for Houdini.

#64 5 years ago

Shorty's has a back section that they open up Friday and Saturday nights, but it isn't a huge bar even with that part open. The pins are available to play any night you go.

Seattle Pinball Museum is about 45 minutes from the Tacoma Convention Center where NWPAS is held if there was no traffic. Realistically, it's about an hour and fifteen minutes or so with traffic. It wouldn't make sense to go to the museum while NWPAS is running. The best maintained pins in Tacoma are at the Triple Knock. Same guys own that place as 8-Bit in Renton.

The only place in Seattle that charges an entrance fee is SPM. Everywhere else is coin drop and bar tab. It's not unusual for people to play without drinking at any establishment in Seattle if you're on the wagon. We have a few non-drinkers around and I've never heard of anyone giving them trouble for just heading straight to the pins. You might still get carded though.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider FlashDaddy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/seattle-bound?tu=FlashDaddy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.