View topic image gallery

10384110_10203998840114271_1804146398531119264_n.jpg
photo 1.JPG
photo 2.JPG
photo 3.JPG
photo 4.JPG
#1 9 years ago

Hi,

I have access to a Sears version of a 1977 Bally Captain Fantastic & the Brown Dirt Cowboy pinball machine.
It is different artwork than the commercial version of Captain Fantastic.
This is a home model pinball machine, slightly smaller than a commercial version (just slightly).

I've been asked to try and sell it. Have about a week to do so, or someone else in the family will take it.
It has been with the same owner (huo) from day 1 when purchased at Sears in 1977.
Currently doesn't work. I haven't looked into it yet since it's out of town.
I can get it to Houston or Austin over the next few weeks at no shipping cost.

PM me here if interested.

I'll try to publicly answer questions here about it. Will tell ya whatever I can about it.

Thanks.

here's some crappy pix i took last month. will see if i can get someone to take some better ones. if you're a serious buyer, let me know if you want well lit pix of certain spots they can take & i can post here.

photo 4.JPGphoto 4.JPG

photo 3.JPGphoto 3.JPG
photo 2.JPGphoto 2.JPG
photo 1.JPGphoto 1.JPG

#3 9 years ago

ok... ok... everyone, don't fill up the pinside hard-drives with too many posts here (bump)

#4 9 years ago

update: the original Manual was just found for this pin. so that's included. don't know if this manual is available at pinball db?

#5 9 years ago

That manual has NOT been posted anywhere that I know of. Please scan it and post it.

#6 9 years ago

That looks kinda fun. I'll take it.

#7 9 years ago

WOW. I have a complete pf, it's beautiful.

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from btw75:

That looks kinda fun. I'll take it.

let me know if you really want it, (i think) it can get to austin around weekend of oct 3-4-5, no shipping charges

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from KenLayton:

That manual has NOT been posted anywhere that I know of. Please scan it and post it.

ok.
we'll get it scanned. just need to know where to put it or give to.

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

WOW. I have a complete pf, it's beautiful.

you have a complete playfield to this pin ?

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

let me know if you really want it, (i think) it can get to austin around weekend of oct 3-4-5, no shipping charges

Free too, right?

GLWS. I've just finally got my collection size under control, last think I really need is a home use pin, even if it does have 2 spinners.

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from btw75:

Free too, right?
GLWS. I've just finally got my collection size under control, last think I really need is a home use pin, even if it does have 2 spinners.

free shipping to austin (or houston)

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

you have a complete playfield to this pin ?

Yup sure do, underside mechs, wiring and apron. I don't know if it works though but as far as I know it's complete. It's for sale if ya need it. PM me if your interested.

#14 9 years ago

wow... good to know. i'll ping you if we or a buyer might need it.
i've asked for some close-up shots of the playfield and backglass, so hopefully i'll get them tomorrow and can post them.

thanks.

#15 9 years ago

world's hottest game sale bump

For all those Elton John fans.

#16 9 years ago

home models are not bad, just not respected. Still have this fireball that my parents bought back in the day. I tricked it out.
10384110_10203998840114271_1804146398531119264_n.jpg10384110_10203998840114271_1804146398531119264_n.jpg

#17 9 years ago

i can't remember for sure, but i think the Fireball had the same playfield as this Captain Fantastic ?

#18 9 years ago

Yes they are the same playfield. Galaxy Ranger and EK had the other playfield variation with the single sling on the left and dual flippers on the right.

Pretty fun games once you get them dialed in. Kinda like a solid state version of Hokus Pokus minus the center spinner and ball gate.

#19 9 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

i can't remember for sure, but i think the Fireball had the same playfield as this Captain Fantastic ?

you are both correct

Quoted from dothedoo:

Kinda like a solid state version of Hokus Pokus minus the center spinner and ball gate.

#20 9 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

wow... good to know. i'll ping you if we or a buyer might need it.

OK.

#21 9 years ago

For reference, I got my Fireball home edition working 100% and it was in great shape (as most of these home machines are, since they were never on location). Had about $300 in to it and sold it for $275. I think they are almost as much fun as any other very early solid state, but can be a tough sell on here.

#22 9 years ago

ok, if anyone wants this pin in the Houston area, this weekend (Sep 27-28) is when I can get free delivery there.

#23 9 years ago

after dinner drinx (bump)

#24 9 years ago

I sent you a PM

#25 9 years ago

I'll be in. Houston tonight. Bring it

#26 9 years ago

well, i've requested more pix, but haven't received them yet. will keep trying

1 week later
#27 9 years ago

bump...

#28 9 years ago

I have friends in Houston, how much are you asking? I already have 2 of theses, but are folded up right now.

#29 9 years ago

Hi

Last chance for this pin.
Think it is about to be taken by a sibling in Houston.

I just saw the original sales receipt from 1978. Wow
And have the manual in my hands. Going to try and scan it this weekend.
Looks like a kid scribbled a little on the last 2 pages, but nothing photoshop can't resolve easily.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Woodhaven, MI
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Homer Glen, IL
$ 22.50
$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sears-captain-fantastic-the-brown-dirt-cowboy-4-sale and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.