(Topic ID: 159875)

Search time...... too long

By JKnPA

7 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jknpa.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

The 'search time' on my 'Showtime' gets longer as I keep playing it.
It runs for about 3-5 sec. at first , then the time gets longer to complete the search cycle
as my playing time goes on. After about 15min. playing time , the SEARCH cycle takes about
20sec.
Is this a mechanical adjustment on the Timer cam, or is the problem somewhere else?
John

#3 7 years ago

**** do you mean the process when you put in a coin and it searches for an odds increase or etc? **** YES
When I hit the RED button to get better ODDs/Features.
*** I never put coins in any more; I always have Many Credits available; one way or the other...

#5 7 years ago

I just put some neatsfoot oil on the clutches; I didn't see any difference in the 15mim. period, but maybe
it needs more time to be effective.
I will look at it tomorrow again.
Thanks ..... I will save your post.
John

#6 7 years ago

I placed some neatsfoot oil on all the timer cam clutches. The 3rd one looked like it had the most wear.
I didn't see any issue with the drag arms or pins, but I put a touch of oil on them anyway.
I just played the Pin for about 45min............. no delay times were noticed.
Therefore I think the issue was the #3 clutch.......
I will re-check it tomorrow!
Thanks 'bingopodcast'

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jknpa.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/search-time-too-long?tu=jknpa and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.