Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 26 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Alby
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSCN5966 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6120 (resized).JPG
    2018-02-05 18_54_17-Search for Stern Stars Ball Gate Assy _ Pinside Forum - Internet Explorer (resized).png
    stars (resized).jpg
    #1 6 years ago

So not really a 'tech' question per se, but I've failed to this point in finding the little wire gate assembly for my Stars. The playfield chart in the manual calls it BALL GATE ASS'Y A-471. It is the only thing I'm missing (other than a little paint from a couple of spots on the backglass) on this beauty from 40 years ago, which with a little help from a friend is playing perfectly. The gate can be seen in the attached photo in the upper right corner.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

stars (resized).jpgstars (resized).jpg

#2 6 years ago

I like drawing circles.

2018-02-05 18_54_17-Search for Stern Stars Ball Gate Assy  Pinside Forum - Internet Explorer (resized).png2018-02-05 18_54_17-Search for Stern Stars Ball Gate Assy Pinside Forum - Internet Explorer (resized).png

#3 6 years ago

Yes - that one.

#4 6 years ago

I've seen them on Ebay - but they're stupid expensive.

Could you make you're own wire using piano wire?

#5 6 years ago

So you need the top of it, or just the wire?

IMG_6120 (resized).JPGIMG_6120 (resized).JPG

#6 6 years ago

Assembly=both pieces needed.

#7 6 years ago

Take a measurement and call Steve at PBR.

6 months later
    #8 5 years ago
    Quoted from Mk1Mod0:

Take a measurement and call Steve at PBR.

It is missing, so can't take a measurement.

OP is still looking.

#9 5 years ago

I may have one. I'll have to look when I get home. I ended up with an extra Stars missing some things that may just be good for parts

#10 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I may have one. I'll have to look when I get home. I ended up with an extra Stars missing some things that may just be good for parts

I would be very grateful - please let me know either way.

#11 5 years ago
    Quoted from chiefbrody:

I would be very grateful - please let me know either way.

I think I'll be able to hook you up if it's still there, which I think it is. There's too many other things gone to make a game out of it, and the cabinet is better suited for a dumpster as it has been ravaged by termites.

Anything else you might need while I'm looking?

#12 5 years ago

I might have a lead locally. Might be a couple of days before I find out.

#13 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I think I'll be able to hook you up if it's still there, which I think it is. There's too many other things gone to make a game out of it, and the cabinet is better suited for a dumpster as it has been ravaged by termites.
    Anything else you might need while I'm looking?

anything else that might be salvageable - How is the chime box? Displays? plastics. Mine is in pretty good shape, but you never know what might come in handy.

But especially the gate assembly - that is the only piece I am missing to make her complete.

#14 5 years ago

Boom!

No displays, unless you want some that don't work, plastics have seen way better days, and I'm hanging onto that chime unit for now, but you can have this for cheap. Just PM me.

DSCN5966 (resized).JPGDSCN5966 (resized).JPG
    #15 5 years ago

Awesome. Good news on the gate. I will take the displays. Bound to be one that could get working. If not, then I could use the boards to convert to LED displays. Let me know how much for them. Can just ship them to the OP with the gate, as I see him often enough to get them from him.

#16 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinballManiac40:

I will take the displays. Bound to be one that could get working.

This game was robbed of it's displays. The ones I have are a box of junk ones. Couple Bally's too. Should I send you the whole kit and caboodle? If you can wait I might include the extra chime unit. I'm still working the other project.

#17 5 years ago

I like junk displays. OP is putting his game in the Houston show in Oct and needs the gate for then. Will have to see what he says on his response. Thank you.

#18 5 years ago

Well how bout we get that gate on the way and I will pile the rest of the junk in a box to be sent at a later date?

#19 5 years ago

Ok. then. I was just thinking it was easier with a single shipment.

#20 5 years ago

Thanks o-din - I really appreciate it. PBM40 is correct, I'd like to get the gate by October for the Houston Arcade Expo, but it's August 24th so we probably have time. I'll take this to a pm - we can discuss.

#21 5 years ago

Thank you, O-din for taking the time to look for the gate. I am glad you do have one.

1 week later
    #22 5 years ago

just to close out this thread, this morning I received an envelope (remember those!) in the mail with the ball gate assy from o-din.

I'm grateful to o-din, and I'm grateful that we have such a terrific community here.

Thank you o-din - you made my day.

#23 5 years ago

Awesome. Now you will have a complete game in the Houston Expo tournament. Thanks again, 0-din.

2 years later
    #24 3 years ago

I know this is an old topic but I’m looking for the same part. Anyone able to help ?

#26 3 years ago
    Quoted from emsrph:

Couple of what looks to be that part on eBay US. Don’t know if they’d ship international
    ebay.com link » Stern 1979 Trident Pinball Machine Playfield Ball Launch Side Gate
    ebay.com link » Stern Memory Lane 1978 Pinball Machine Playfield Left Ball Launch Gate Post

Thanks Mate, i'll get it shipped to my brother in law in California

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/search-for-stern-stars-ball-gate-assy?hl=alby and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.