View topic image gallery

image_3.jpg
image_2.jpg
image_1.jpg
image.jpg
#1 8 years ago

Hi group:
I am looking for some advice on sealing
this Bally Kiss Backglass? The bottom edge is curved up and I am afraid when I spray it with TripleThick it will blow off. Also I am afraid the plastic cling wrap may stick to it. Anybody have any suggestions?
Thanks in advance!!

image.jpgimage.jpg

image_1.jpgimage_1.jpg

image_2.jpgimage_2.jpg

image_3.jpgimage_3.jpg

#2 8 years ago

The plastic wrap will come off after you let it cure for a few days. I just did a Triple Thick treatment to a Flash Gordon back glass with paint peeling along the bottom. Personally, I do not remove the lift channel when doing this. I don't think the TT will blow your paint off. What I did was to just shoot the bottom edge first to deal with the peeling paint. Very heavy wet coat along the bottom, then lay Glad wrap over it followed with something smooth, flat and then weighted to help minimize the wrinkling affect. You will not be able to avoid some wrinkling. After about 18-24 hours I left the weight off so I can look at how it's doing. At this time if the lifted paint has not laid down flat, I will work it down with fingers to try and smooth it flat the put the weight back on it. Once satisfied that you have done all you can do, let it sit for a few days so that the Triple Thick can really set up. The Glad Wrap with come off easily. Don't recall where I read it but was advised to only you the "real thing" Glad Wrap...not off brands.

Once you have removed the Glad Wrap you will see that the Triple Thick has wrinkled the Triple Thick... Just no way to avoid this. I like to take a medium grit sandpaper....maybe 220... and knock down some of the wrinkles. Then follow up with a full clear coat of the whole back glass. The best method I have found to coat the whole back glass is to lay it very level, then spray one thick coat of Triple Thick using two cans at once....one in each hand. This will allow you to get a heavy wet coat down in just one shot and that is all you will need. Many choose to mask the score windows, but I have found that simply isn't necessary when you get a nice one shot wet coat down. Note that if your score glasses are not acceptable to you, you can always score the perimeters and remove the TT from the back glass score windows with a razor blade.

To insure you are getting a nice wet coat it is best to try and view a reflection of your work as you go to be sure your speed of application is in fact making a nice wet coat.

#3 8 years ago

Thanks Freeplay40 for all your advice!!! I can't wait to try it..

1 year later
#4 7 years ago

PinballCharlieNY I would love to hear about your experience with this and see some pictures on how it turned out.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clermont, FL
$ 18.98
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 85.00
$ 29.00
$ 17.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 11.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 10.00

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sealing-a-bally-kiss-backglass-advice-needed-please?hl=creagen and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.