8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by jojo97222
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 8 years ago

My sea raider is almost completely working but no sound .looks like its a broken diode on amp .I ordered replacement .but I am missing the reverb spring and the small wire ring that comes down thru the transducer device ,that the upper end of the spring attaches to is broken off .thought I read somewhere a steel guitar string can be usedto form a new one. is this correct and how do I do it .
    Also my machine will correctly give you 8 or 6 torpedoes per game, depending on the setting chosen ,but when the ten torpedoes setting is chosen the game just resets and goes to game over, any ideas ?
    Finally the " ship in area" never lights .bulbs are good .is this related to the ship mech on the bottom .or the lack o sound . thanks for all your help

#2 8 years ago

sound is independent.be careful rebuildin that amp, some parts no longer available.
    the string thing, not sure, if you use one with the loop already at the end, just cut to length, and solder into bracket.
    as far as the spring, look for an old reverb unit, and grab the spring out of it. cars had them back in the day, old guitar amps sometimes had them...
    for the torpedo thing, look at the step unit for the pedos. maybe a short in the 10 setting.
    fun game. good luck.

1 year later
    #3 7 years ago
    Quoted from jdapolito:

Also my machine will correctly give you 8 or 6 torpedoes per game, depending on the setting chosen ,but when the ten torpedoes setting is chosen the game just resets and goes to game over, any ideas ?

jdapolito did you ever find the solution to your Sea Raider going to game over when the setting is on 10 torpedoes? Mine does the same thing.

Joe

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sea-raider-sound-and-number-of-topedoes-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.