(Topic ID: 203623)

SEA ISLE WOOD RAIL > Q's

By SpaceTimeGuy

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_9869 (resized).JPG
    IMG_9753 (resized).JPG
    IMG_9752 (resized).JPG
    IMG_9749 (resized).JPG
    IMG_9750 (resized).JPG
    IMG_9751 (resized).JPG
    IMG_9748 (resized).JPG
    IMG_9741 (resized).JPG
    IMG_9740 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinballFever.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11 6 years ago

Looks great and it looks like this game would be fun to play!

What did you use to clean the stepper with?

Bruce

#14 6 years ago

Thanks Todd,

I've used naptha to clean playfields before waxing but I haven't tried it on stepping units yet. Clay also recommends brake cleaner on his pinrepair site. I like your idea of wetting the q-tips or toothbrushes instead of the stepping unit itself. I notice you left the protective coating on your stepping unit and I'm thinking of doing that too. I'm going to try 91% alcohol or the naptha to clean my steppers.

Lol. I'll have to try playing a game like yours to see what it's like. (maybe at PHOF in LV) I want to try playing or owning a bingo machine too.

Bruce

1 week later
    #18 6 years ago
    Quoted from SpaceTimeGuy:

Protective coating on stepping unit ??? Oh yes > I meant to do that ... LOL (not sure ... what coating?)

I learned about the protective coating from flynnibus in posts # 10, #25 and #29 here https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/harbor-freight-25-liter-ultrasonic-cleaner.

The metal parts are galvanized with a protective zinc coating to prevent rusting. At first I thought my stepper units were heavily oxidized and needed to be cleaned until I found out what looks like "heavy oxidation" is actually the protective coating hence I'm carefully cleaning them without removing that coating.

Quoted from SpaceTimeGuy:

I went to Pinball Hall Of Fame once .... LOVED IT !!! Definitely go there when you in Vegas !!

I've been there once before but this time I want to try out the OLDER games like yours.

Bruce

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinballFever.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sea-isle-wood-rail-qs?tu=PinballFever and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.