Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 44 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by CaptainNeo
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DOC_GIF.gif
    #1 10 years ago

I tried doing this 5 years ago and there just wasn't enough people wanting to do it. Now we have more people around here. So lets try this again. If your interested, post in here. Would like to do 45 min radius down here. Milwaukee, racine, kenosha, elkhorn, wind lake, burlington, waterford and what not. Thinking about doing the once a month get together. each person with collection of 3 or more games, would host. If we have 6 in the league with collections, than each would host twice a year type of thing.

Probably do sign up fee so we can do trophies for season end. STill working on point system and setup. Let me know what you think.

#2 10 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Milwaukee, racine, kenosha, elkhorn, wind lake, burlington, waterford and what not.

No freaking HULKTOWN? Count me out!

#3 10 years ago

Count me in. I would just be seeding the pot for any tournaments and I'm never around.

chris

#4 10 years ago

chris your here like 2 times a year. I said surrounding areas. I figure most people wouldn't want to drive more than 40 min to league, so trying to keep it in that area. your in my area and you know it.

#5 10 years ago

I'm interested...

Jaz

#6 10 years ago

I wouldn't restrict it based on drive time. I know the Pittsburgh Pinball League has multiple members who drive and hour+ to get to league events.

#7 10 years ago

I am halfway between Madison and Milwaukee, but would be willing to host one or two a year. For myself, I would be interested in doing this, but with a few caveats....

A well established schedule (that is somewhat static)
    No trophies (no sign up fees, or no fees for those that host)
    Keep the drive time to 90 minutes when possible

#8 10 years ago

the problem i'm afraid of, is that when it's their turn to host, the entire group wouldn't want to drive an hour and a half to league. I'm making a list. Anyone interested. Give me your contact info. PM me and i'll give you my email address. That way I have everyone all in email for info. Also let me know if your in the hosting bracket or not. Easier to send out universal emails if I have everyone together.

#9 10 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

the problem i'm afraid of, is that when it's their turn to host, the entire group wouldn't want to drive an hour and a half to league. I'm making a list. Anyone interested. Give me your contact info. PM me and i'll give you my email address. That way I have everyone all in email for info. Also let me know if your in the hosting bracket or not. Easier to send out universal emails if I have everyone together.

If you get serious responses, I will create a website that has message boards etc, that has league info, conversation etc. I would need at least 20 responses to make it worth my time, but it can certainly be a great place to discuss the league, make changes, or just have regional discussion about pinball in general.....Just let me know...

#10 10 years ago

Once the league is established and decide on a name, I was thinking on just buying the website name, and having our own league site. If you want to help with that, that would be great.

I figure once we get the group going, we would run a voting system on how we will run things and go with majority.

#11 10 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Once the league is established and decide on a name, I was thinking on just buying the website name, and having our own league site. If you want to help with that, that would be great.
    I figure once we get the group going, we would run a voting system on how we will run things and go with majority.

I will square everything away digitally (inluding domain name) if you can garner enough regular interest to make it worth my time (free of course). It will have message boards, calendar, registered user sections, etc.... If we are going to do it, do it right. But the only way it is going to work is if it is a little more regional than just SE Wisconsin. You would need to include Madison in there as well. if people know well in advance a concrete league schedule with map and information, it can be successful. If it is disorganized and last minute type of stuff, it will struggle. Also, having a message board (similar to pinside) to communicate is going to be far more effective than mass emails....

You garner the interest, I can certainly make the rest happen.

#12 10 years ago

Sweet.

#13 10 years ago

What is sweet is this NBA Fastbreak in my basement that works like a champ. Certainly was nice of you to let me play it for awhile

#14 10 years ago

it's not going to be disorganized. I'm pretty damn organized and used to arranging events like this. Being a tour manager for 8 years, teaches you a lot about keeping people organized and scheduled.

Is that the same NBA FB I helped get going?

#15 10 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

it's not going to be disorganized. I'm pretty damn organized and used to arranging events like this. Being a tour manager for 8 years, teaches you a lot about keeping people organized and scheduled.
    Is that the same NBA FB I helped get going?

Not saying you are..... stating simply, people are more likely to participate when they can see how others are participating. Email isn't the best medium for that. I think it is awesome that you want to get one going. Getting it started is the biggest challenge. It if it doesn't come off as too 'cliquey' and can get some teeth, it can do really well in this area, lots of players and collectors for sure...

#16 10 years ago

yes, we have 5 people already confirmed. Also don't want to end up with it being to big, where it takes all night to get through league night either. I figure 15ish would be a good number to be around. 15-20 ish? I figure out of that, there will be at least 12 of us, who have collections that can host. Which means each of us would only have to host once a year.

#17 10 years ago

15-20 is a good number, that should equal about 7-12 that actually show up to participate. If you want to cap it at 20, that would be a good problem to have.

#18 10 years ago

that's what i'm thinking. 20 it is. enough to get some variety, but not to much to get to crowded at houses and take to long to finish the night.

#19 10 years ago

Also, don't know if you are counting me as the 5, but I am in and willing to host...

#20 10 years ago

I would think Pinsiders ItsOnlyPinball and Treveism would probably be in too, but you may want to contact them if you haven't heard from them...

#22 10 years ago

Would be cool. Wish I lived closer.

#23 10 years ago

so far we are up to around 11 commited. Filling up fast.

#24 10 years ago

OK as of now I'm looking for a job with normal hours so I can make pinball league.

Anybody looking to hire an industrial electrician PM me.

#25 10 years ago

So close, but no time.

Good luck - and if you need an alternate or place to play on short notice...

#26 10 years ago

I am interested, but honestly do not have the room to host 20 guys... I am also very busy during summertime so depending what the rules are i would likely only make half the events... Not sure if that is ok?

What day of the week would league meet?

#27 10 years ago

Wish it was a tab bit closer - then I would be in for sure. Good luck - I hope it is successfull.

#28 10 years ago

now remember, just because we have 20, doesn't mean all 20 would be there. Not everyone can make every league night. My guess would be 70% show up at each event.

#29 10 years ago

So this is going to be a once a month deal? what night are you targeting and would it always be the same? For example last saturday of the month.....I might be in if its weekends, weeknights are too hectic during summer-fall for me anyways...

#30 10 years ago

Well I'm out of town until August 22nd. So if it's a weekend thing sign me for the end of August.

Yes. That same NBAFB.

#31 10 years ago

An excellent example of a league type pinball website: http://rosecitypinball.com/
    If possible, have the tournaments on location, it could help you draw more people in. Luckily, that's not a problem in Portland. We usually get about 30 players per tournament, and the tournaments are weekly. We also usually have an additional tournament every month, so there are 5 tournaments per month.

#32 10 years ago
    Quoted from nhm:

An excellent example of a league type pinball website: http://rosecitypinball.com/
    If possible, have the tournaments on location, it could help you draw more people in. Luckily, that's not a problem in Portland. We usually get about 30 players per tournament, and the tournaments are weekly. We also usually have an additional tournament every month, so there are 5 tournaments per month.

We need to build towards this!

#33 10 years ago
    Quoted from DEWSHO:

We need to build towards this!

We probably need a few locations worth playing pinball at first...

Those pnw guys are spoiled!

#34 10 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

So this is going to be a once a month deal? what night are you targeting and would it always be the same? For example last saturday of the month.....I might be in if its weekends, weeknights are too hectic during summer-fall for me anyways...

I would like to see once a month as well. Other leagues I have participated in started feeling like a chore when they were weekly. I would like to see a monthly Saturday night league personally.

#35 10 years ago
    Quoted from ralphwiggum:

I would like to see once a month as well. Other leagues I have participated in started feeling like a chore when they were weekly. I would like to see a monthly Saturday night league personally.

Works for me. Makes it more of an event.

Tim, does this mean your going to build a pinball shed so we can have a larger range of games to play when it's your turn to host.

Chris

#36 10 years ago
    Quoted from ChrisS:

Tim, does this mean your going to build a pinball shed so we can have a larger range of games to play when it's your turn to host.

I thought that was why he sold TFLE.

#37 10 years ago

I told my wife it is a Volkswagen shed....ssssshhhhhhh....

#38 10 years ago

Well I think we are filled. I think the once a month thing is plenty. It's going to be hard enough to get most together just once a month. I think most are to busy for once a week. Lets keep it lighter and fun. Working out some details on some ideas yet. Which i'll mass email. I hope everyone has emailed me direct already, so I have everyone on the list. IF we have slightly over 20, that's not a big deal either.

#39 10 years ago

WOO HOO!!!!! Who da man!!

DOC_GIF.gifDOC_GIF.gif

Neo da man!!

#40 10 years ago

ok, we have been doing some mass emailing here getting things fine tuned and worked out. If you asked to be on the list, but havn't been getting the emails, please contact me again.

#41 10 years ago
    Quoted from ralphwiggum:

I told my wife it is a Volkswagen shed....ssssshhhhhhh....

Just put a VW emblem over the door.

Done and Dusted.

chris

#42 10 years ago

Do you have to own 3+ pins to be in the league? Sounds like it might be full by now anyway.

#43 10 years ago
    Quoted from jpolfer:

Do you have to own 3+ pins to be in the league? Sounds like it might be full by now anyway.

Nope... contact neo

#44 10 years ago

Do not need 3 or more pins to join. just need 3 or more if your going to host.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/se-wi-league-starting and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.