Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by JonCBrand
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

crash (resized).JPG
    20201202_160156 (resized).jpg
    20201202_160908 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JonCBrand.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

Had a few goofy things happen on my Deadpool Pro
    lights not lighting or wrong lights lighting.
    Checked connectors all good so I decided to make a new SD Card

I have new Sandisk Ultra Class 10 16GB 80mb/s cards
    Laptop is a newer Dell G3 16gb ram i7 so a mid level solid pc built in sd card reader not a usb adapter.

I downloaded the imager from stern pdf. balenaEtcher

Went to burn the image onto the card, as soon as the image is done it goes to check mode then at about 2% crashes my laptop.

Removed card restarted laptop, went to windows explorer and as soon as I insert the card it crashes again.

Clearly Im not going to try the card in the pin,

Anyone run into this?

Im going to try one more time with another new card but wanted to post before my PC melts down...

#2 3 years ago

2nd card same issue.
    20201202_160156 (resized).jpg20201202_160156 (resized).jpg20201202_160908 (resized).jpg20201202_160908 (resized).jpg

#4 3 years ago

Thanks ill look at that. tough part is when pc is up and running if I go to file explorer and then insert the SD card that was etched it will crash.
    it will also freeze when on home screen no open applications, if I insert failed etch cards.

I think I'm out of cards. I'll get more and try again.

I'll try on my work pc too

#6 3 years ago

ordered 4 new cards.

I'm on widows 10 with 64bit

#8 3 years ago

I will get an adapter to do it from a tablet.

I think my discoball mod was causing issues, unplugged that and seems good so far, but still need to figure out why I cant etch cards.

#10 3 years ago
    Quoted from Brtlkat:

Have you tried to write the image with win32diskimager?

No, out of fresh cards, as soon as I put one of the 2 I tried to image, into my laptop it freezes.

#12 3 years ago

Waiting for UPS should have adapter today

#13 3 years ago

Back at it, I was able to look at the cards using USB adapter, looks like it made 5 partitions on each sd card.
    I tried to remove partitions but lost all space on the cards, oh well, 4 new ones here. Currently imaging the first one with win32diskimager.
    I will report back.

#14 3 years ago

Same thing
    Now trying to etch it with the usb adapter not the slot in pc

crash (resized).JPGcrash (resized).JPG
    #16 3 years ago

im not comfortable (dont trust myself) doing that on a command prompt,
    I have a SSD and HDD in my laptop along with a few factory partitions and I just dont want to screw that up.
    Going to format the cards again then might be looking for one of you to mail cards to along with some sort of compensation.

Thanks to all for helping out here, Im a nuts and bolts guy not a computer expert.

#18 3 years ago
    Quoted from ralphwiggum:

I am a computer guy... It's my day job for the last 20 years... I will take care of you and get your cards back to where they need to be.

Thanks. I'll email you later if my last attempt fails. I don't give up easily but 4 of 4 cards with issues. Its me not the equipment.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JonCBrand.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sd-card-image-makes-pc-crash?tu=JonCBrand and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.