DSCN0848 (resized).JPG
PIC_0900 (resized).JPG
PIC_0219 (resized).JPG
PIC_0161 (resized).JPG
PIC_0153 (resized).JPG
DSCN0029 (resized).JPG
DSCN0291 (resized).JPG
#1 7 years ago

Ok, so we all love it. The freedom, the sights, the travel, the friendship, the only hobby you can do with you wife for 50min without saying a word

Where have you been, what do you like, where do you recommend?

I started in 88' and certified at St. Lucia when I was 14. In the last 10 years (somewhat recent) have been to:\

Cabo
Cozumel
Roatan (x2)
Nassau (x3)
Antigua (Sandals - awesome!)
Australia (Mike Ball live aboard 1 week)
Tofino, BC (drysuit)
Banff, AB (drysuit)
Mayan Riviera (specifically Peurto Adventuras x 5)

Really love going to Peurto to see the gang at Aquanauts, marina is fantastic and they let you dive your tank. Also great to get a few cenote dives in too.. incredible. Have had a few dives pushing 90 min. Most are at least 55 depending on depth and profile.

Mike Ball was a trip of a life time, great operator, barrier reef was truly amazing (2008) like no place I've seen before. Thankfully I've never had any serious issues diving but see lots of crazy stuff that leaves me shaking my head. Still always carry DAN.

DSCN0291 (resized).JPGDSCN0291 (resized).JPG

DSCN0029 (resized).JPGDSCN0029 (resized).JPG

PIC_0153 (resized).JPGPIC_0153 (resized).JPG

PIC_0161 (resized).JPGPIC_0161 (resized).JPG

PIC_0219 (resized).JPGPIC_0219 (resized).JPG

PIC_0900 (resized).JPGPIC_0900 (resized).JPG

DSCN0848 (resized).JPGDSCN0848 (resized).JPG

DSCN0988 (resized).JPGDSCN0988 (resized).JPG

#2 7 years ago

My wife and I certified in 2013 in Belize. Should've done it a long time ago! So we have done:
Belize
Bahamas
Iceland, drysuit of course! That one was amazing as you are between two of the earth's plates.

#3 7 years ago

What a disappointment, I thought this topic was about the pinball machine. : (

Here's my story. Certified in 1974, 2 open water dives and I felt like I didn't belong down 'there' and never went again. I had USDivers equipment and sold it all.

Beautiful pictures.

#4 7 years ago

I've done it twice

I have some gear now and think I'll try to get certified in 2017

I loved it when I went and have always been fascinated with the deep.

#5 7 years ago

Nice pics!

I'm looking for a Scuba pin ... Just saying ...

#6 7 years ago

Got certified in 2014 live in Missouri so not a lot of scuba here got certified in a lake so far have done Vancouver and Seattle going to be doing some scuba in Hawaii in a couple months will be the the first time i am not in cold dark water.

2 weeks later
#7 7 years ago

Only got to dive a few times in Jamaica, absolutely loved it, but for some reason I am unable to depressurize properly no matter what I try, I come up with a nosebleed every time.

#8 7 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

I come up with a nosebleed every time.

Stop doing coke and you wont get nosebleeds. Seriously though, if you are getting nosebleeds something is wrong. Are you equalizing the pressure in your mask or letting it suck to your face? I don't mean to treat you like you don't know what you are doing but nosebleeds are not good.

I have been diving for 30 years and I love it more than almost anything. The freedom the vast ocean. The feeling of swimming over the edge of the wall looking at nothing but hundreds of feet or more of water beneath you or swimming with fish that could, if they wanted to, eat you for a snack. Doing it with your kids is even better. Mine were certified at 12 and now they can be certified at 11. My grand daughter will hopefully dive with me before Im too old. I met a man in Hawaii that was 80 and still diving.

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Seriously though, if you are getting nosebleeds something is wrong. Are you equalizing the pressure in your mask or letting it suck to your face?

Well this was a good 15-20 years ago when I was about 16, so it was long before any coke was ever around me. I think I just have some type of issue. I remember them discussing equalizing pressure and giving me plenty of instruction but it still didn't work out. We didn't even go very deep, I wanna say around 100 meters. I also get nosebleeds for no reason when I'm up on a ladder painting if that makes any sense. Got nosebleeds from shoveling snow for a few hours before too. I think it's just my body or something. Sometimes they bleed for over an hour too so it's not something I want to risk too often, hence why I've quit the diving for now.

#10 7 years ago

Beautiful dive pics. I got PADI certified in 1978. I haven't dove a lot since the kids came along. Any traveling we do is always hauling all of their toys - not mine anymore. Most of my diving has been in the Florida Keys. I started to really get into night diving. The reef is so different at night.

#11 7 years ago

I don't like swimming with the fishes! Lol
But the pics are really cool!

1 month later
#12 7 years ago

I have a timeshare in the Florida Keys (Marathon at the 7 mile bridge) that I am renting out (June 17 - 24). Two bedroom, two bath, fully stocked kitchen. It has 270 degrees of unbelievable ocean views. The place has its own boats that you can take out and Sombrero Reef is a short ride out. It is near all of the great dive spots in the Keys. PM if you want more info. I would consider a trade (if close by) for a nice Diner or Cyclone (and cash from me).

#13 7 years ago

Been certified since 1995. I got into vintage style diving. My current go to reg is an Arganaut Kraken from VintageDoublehose.com. My collection of double hose regulators is probably an impediment to my ability to collect pinball machines....

5 years later
#14 2 years ago

Wow. 5 years. And I was the last poster.
Necrothread! Time to get back in the water!

20220316_152822 (resized).jpg20220316_152822 (resized).jpg20220316_180958 (resized).jpg20220316_180958 (resized).jpg
#15 2 years ago

I got SSI certified In 2019. Was able to dive in Disney World in 2020. Then COVID hit. My wife was my dive buddy up until she got COVID and now she can’t dive due to breathing issues. So I’ve been trying to wait for her to get better, but I think 2022 is the year I get back down there.

#16 2 years ago

Gear checks out. Drysuit stayed dry. Regulator behaved itself after tweaking the IP a bit. Ready for a weekend in Monterey.

52700 (resized).jpeg52700 (resized).jpeg52708 (resized).jpeg52708 (resized).jpeg

#17 2 years ago

Wife and I just finished up our confined water dives. Now scheduled for an April trip to Key Largo to do our open water dives and complete the certification process. I turned 70 last year so it's never too late to try something new!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scuba?hl=flato and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.