Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Bay78
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider henrydwh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

Hello, I am a newbie here and my first post has to do with a Williams system 7 Laser Cue. All my displays are scrolling or rolling from right to left! I have reseated everything, checked everything I could think of and don't have a clue as to whats going on! Anybody ever had this problem and if so what did it take to fix it? Just about bought a new display driver board, but it could be my power supply board too, correct?

Thanks in advance for your help!
Dave

#2 8 years ago

update, I have done more reading and troubleshooting. What I have learned is the high voltage runs the displays, and you have a + 100dcv and a - 100dcv, well my - is only 50dcv! So if I am correct it's a bad power supply? Replace or rebuild? Or is there another fix or problem I should be looking for?

#4 8 years ago

How hard is the rebuild? I know enough to be dangerous!I took basic electronics in high school, but that was a life time ago!

#6 8 years ago

Thank you for the info! Now I got to make a decision! And price solder suckers! LoL
Just checked GPE and wouldn't you know it, it's out of stock!

#9 8 years ago
Quoted from johnwartjr:

Often times, kits are out of stock, but the individual components in the kit ARE in stock
So, check the individual part numbers and see if you can build your own kit?

I will do that, thanks

thedefog I have a iron and a meter, it's the desoldering iron or solder sucker I am lacking. But I see one in my future!

1 week later
#11 8 years ago

I got my parts and desoldering iron, did the rebuild on the HV on the power board tonight and the good news is the game still works but I still have the same problem! Anybody got any ideas what might be going on with my displays?

The other thing I was confused about is where is ZR1 on the board, my schematic does not show a ZR1 on my power supply board! Thank for your help!!

1 year later
#14 7 years ago
Quoted from bdPinball:

Sorry to bump this, but I seem to have a similar scrolling issue - Did you ever solve this issue?
-Brian

Hi. sorry I haven't been on here much lately! Busy time of year! Yes I did get it fixed, I ended up replacing the whole power supply with a aftermarket board. I just didn't have any luck fixing it myself so I just replaced it! It is the High voltage that controls the displays, if you have better luck then me a rebuild will fix you up or you can just do what I did and throw rotten dog power supply in there and call it good! Good luck!

#16 7 years ago
Quoted from bdPinball:

Well, I suppose in the end as long as the game works, it's a win.
I somehow feel like that in the overall war on Pinballs, that making the old boards work is the BEST solution, and if you can do it yourself, the cheapest. If you have to pay someone else to do the board work, then maybe Rottendog is the best bet.
-B

I still have the original board and one day hope to fix it! I was looking for the quick fix, just to get it playing!

1 year later
#19 6 years ago

I don't have that much experience, so hopefully someone else will chime in here, all I can tell you was mine was caused by the high voltage section of my power supply. Hope someone else has a answer for you!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider henrydwh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scrolling-display?tu=henrydwh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.