You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2018-08-15 17.27.50 (resized).jpg
8826CFBC-F009-4BE8-A3F5-50E9F3C75B60 (resized).jpeg
gozilla-breathes (resized).jpg
#1 5 years ago

I'm picking up an AC/DC premium vault tomorrow and am wondering what people have done with the screws on the lower playfield. Anyone paint them black to match up better? Replace with black screws?

#2 5 years ago

You can store it at my house if it looks that bad......

#3 5 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

I'm picking up an AC/DC premium vault tomorrow and am wondering what people have done with the screws on the lower playfield. Anyone paint them black to match up better? Replace with black screws?

Nope you are the first to complain about this.

I would just play the hell out of the machine and invite every last friend who may have a smidge of interest over to play.

You have one of the best pins Stern and Steve Ritchie/Lyman Sheets has ever made, I say you enjoy it and leave the screws alone. Or at least wait till you need to adjust the lower playfield targets that are not registering.

#4 5 years ago

Just play the hell out of it. You won't even notice the screw color. Not once when I had mine did I ever think I needed different color screws.

#5 5 years ago

sell it and buy a non-vault edition.

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from bdaley6509:

sell it and buy a non-vault edition.

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from starbase:

Nope you are the first to complain about this.
I would just play the hell out of the machine and invite every last friend who may have a smidge of interest over to play.
You have one of the best pins Stern and Steve Ritchie/Lyman Sheets has ever made, I say you enjoy it and leave the screws alone. Or at least wait till you need to adjust the lower playfield targets that are not registering.

It's not like it's a big deal or anything, I just remembered people pointing it out when it was released and figured someone tried changing them. I did find and order some black replacements since my 1st post. When I receive them I will post pics of the dramatic and life changing difference here.

#8 5 years ago

I looked at buying black oxided replacement screws from McMaster Carr, but they had a higher hardness than the silver screws that are installed by Stern. I didn't want to risk a chance of the harder screws putting nicks and scratches in the balls, so I left the factory silver screws in. I think they accentuate the black border nice after looking at it for a while. I don't think black paint would hold up too well, and would wear off quickly with the ball traveling over them all the time.

#9 5 years ago

Don’t fix what ain’t broken. Unscrewing it may cause a typhoon in Japan, and we don’t need that now do we?

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from Phat_Jay:

Don’t fix what ain’t broken. Unscrewing it may cause a typhoon in Japan, and we don’t need that now do we?

Oh sh!t you're right! A typhoon... or worse!

gozilla-breathes (resized).jpggozilla-breathes (resized).jpg
#11 5 years ago
8826CFBC-F009-4BE8-A3F5-50E9F3C75B60 (resized).jpeg8826CFBC-F009-4BE8-A3F5-50E9F3C75B60 (resized).jpeg
#12 5 years ago

Man I love Japanese cheese....

#14 5 years ago

herbertbsharp where ya picking the acdc vault? New or used?
-Mike

#15 5 years ago
Quoted from Grizlyrig:

herbertbsharp where ya picking the acdc vault? New or used?
-Mike

Down near Allentown tomorrow AM. It's HUO w/50-60ish plays. I'm pretty psyched, I've wanted one for a long time.

#16 5 years ago

I'm pretty psyched, I've wanted one for a long time

Me too, I got to play one locally and got hooked, not ready for one just yet tho. Best wishes getting your new toy, drive safe.
-Mike

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from Grizlyrig:

Me too, I got to play one locally and got hooked, not ready for one just yet tho. Best wishes getting your new toy, drive safe.
-Mike

thanks!

#18 5 years ago

I do feel like it is an improvement

2018-08-15 17.27.50 (resized).jpg2018-08-15 17.27.50 (resized).jpg
#19 5 years ago

I do feel like it is an improvement

Actually, that does look quite nice.

#20 5 years ago

My Premium Vault comes today. I might go to Ace and see if I can find screws that match the original but are black....ACE always has a great hardware assortment

#21 5 years ago

I am surprised no one makes a decal overlay for this.

#22 5 years ago
Quoted from Trekie:

I am surprised no one makes a decal overlay for this.

Don't think I'd buy one.....it would probably look like crap after a couple hundred games and make a mess out of the playfield. I think it's fine the way it is, but perhaps a bit better with black hardware.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
$ 12.95
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

10,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 29.95
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

16,500 (Firm)
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/screwing-my-ac-dc-premium-vault?hl=ausretrogamer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.