(Topic ID: 170209)

"Screw This!" I'm sick of it! - Who's with me!

By pinball_faz

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 64 posts
  • 38 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Dooskie
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

LivingRoom.8 (resized).JPG
    WoodScrews2 (resized).jpg
    WoodScrews (resized).jpg
    Tools (resized).jpg
    Spring-A-Ding (resized).jpg
    MagnetLand (resized).jpg
    Lock-ness (resized).jpg
    Enablers (resized).jpg
    Bolt (resized).jpg
    Bags! (resized).jpg
    pile_of_junk.283125429_std (resized).jpg
    hardware (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    There are 64 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 7 years ago

I'm with the OP. I recently compressed 4 shelving units onto 2 (throwing away some stuff in the process).

The end result ? I can now fit another game in the game room !

#52 7 years ago

You guys just piss me off! I spent last night rearranging and organizing drawers. I'm in the middle of several projects. Damn you FAZ!

#53 7 years ago
    Quoted from Skypilot:

You guys just piss me off! I spent last night rearranging and organizing drawers. I'm in the middle of several projects. Damn you FAZ!

LOL That's what I do in between restorations. After each restoration, the shop gets cleaned and if I've come up with some new organizational idea, that's when it gets done.

The Ace Hardware units I showed earlier, were bought at an auction. They had been sitting in a pole barn for lord knows how long. It literally took me about 8 days to remove all the stickers on them and clean them up. Some had mouse nests in them. Then, I had to reorganize everything that went in them. But, that 8 days saves me time every single day because it's so much easier to find stuff.

#54 7 years ago
    Quoted from Skypilot:

I spent last night rearranging and organizing drawers.

Same here! I threw most of it out. Anything worth saving I put in a little bucket.

hardware (resized).jpghardware (resized).jpg

#55 7 years ago

I know you have some old games but square nails...

#56 7 years ago
    Quoted from pinball_faz:

I had a neighbor that had about 50 babyfood jars (y'all remember when baby food came in jars ) all screwed to the shelves.

I had no idea that you knew my dad!

I'm a big bucket 'o screws and bolts guy myself. Keep thinking I should organize that crap, but..........................................................

#57 7 years ago
    Quoted from AlexF:

I know you have some old games but square nails...

I've got an old house too. It's amazing how much stuff can pile up in 50 years.

pile_of_junk.283125429_std (resized).jpgpile_of_junk.283125429_std (resized).jpg

#58 7 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

After each restoration, the shop gets cleaned and if I've come up with some new organizational idea, that's when it gets done

As do I. The problem is I'm not in between restorations.

#59 7 years ago
    Quoted from wayout440:

Well I guess I am a womanly woman because I can't stand pegboard. Absolutely hate it.

No way on peg board. Durham is way better and a few organized Craftsman tool boxes and then a very organized and binned power tool area.

#60 7 years ago
    Quoted from Classic_Stern:

No way on peg board. Durham is way better and a few organized Craftsman tool boxes and then a very organized and binned power tool area.

Sure it's nice but the price. Us cheap guys use peg board.

#61 7 years ago

I have pegboard in my mod room and the garage. I still haven't figured out how to organize tho.

#62 7 years ago

Bang , clank , crash, I know I got some of that hole board around here somewhere.

Oh well I tried.

Always next year!

2 weeks later
    #63 7 years ago

Ok... so the plot has thickened. I continued my efforts going through the deep-dark recesses of my workshop. I just cannot believe what I found.... MORE SCREWS!!!

This time I took pictures for all you "pics or it didn't happen" folks.

This is all the items found over the last two weekends. Every time I found something.. into a bin. Note, this is just what was in the bottom of drawers, boxes, cans (you'll see some of the 'enablers' to the OCD. Today, I separated everything into piles I still need to sort all this to the proper location (or pitch... found MORE EVIL FLAT HEAD WOOD SCREWS!!!).

Wood screws
    WoodScrews2 (resized).jpgWoodScrews2 (resized).jpg
    WoodScrews (resized).jpgWoodScrews (resized).jpg

Bolts... NUTS! Missed a spring.... you'll see below.
    Bolt (resized).jpgBolt (resized).jpg

How many times I said, where's that bit... found-em!
    Tools (resized).jpgTools (resized).jpg

I don't know why I like to save springs, but I do. I cannot imagine why. I think I've used one spring out of my spring bin (it's about 10 times the bulk of these).
    Spring-A-Ding (resized).jpgSpring-A-Ding (resized).jpg
    Another favorite for me is to pull magnets out of things. The little magnet surrounded by the crappy plastic anchors is super strong.. strongest of the lot. The magnet on the spindle was a prototype core for my son's science fair project. He made a generator.
    MagnetLand (resized).jpgMagnetLand (resized).jpg

No clue why I have all these locks, but at least I have the keys to go with them.
    Lock-ness (resized).jpgLock-ness (resized).jpg

Baggies of screws... so many and more baggies of crappy little screws from what-ever.
    Bags! (resized).jpgBags! (resized).jpg

These I would call "enablers" of my destruction! Some were even empty... inside, another container
    Enablers (resized).jpgEnablers (resized).jpg
    faz

#64 7 years ago
    Quoted from QuietEarp:

I have a theory that us pinheads have more than our fair share oh the hoarder gene.

Golfers too. This is what happens when you combine the two...

LivingRoom.8 (resized).JPGLivingRoom.8 (resized).JPG

There are 64 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/screw-this-im-sick-of-it-whos-with-me/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.