(Topic ID: 15683)

Screw gameplay...Whats the best looking pin?? Opinions!!

By Rick471

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 101 posts
  • 76 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by aeneas
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

kiss_playfield.jpg
    big_juicy_melons_pinball.jpg
    147.jpg
    146.jpg
    image-7.jpeg
    image-8.jpg
    1682f1.jpg
    medusa3.jpg
    Medusa.jpg
    DSC01582.jpg
    DSC01593.jpg
    image-29.jpg
    cableft.JPG
    silverball-mania.jpg
    white_water_topper.00.gif
    whitewater-pf.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cdnpinballer.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#38 11 years ago

Agree with Centaur. I can't believe Phantom of the Opera hasn't been mentioned.

Actually, anything by Paul Faris FTW! Paragon backglass is a masterpiece.

#45 11 years ago
    Quoted from OTTOgd:

If I were to frame this painting, it would be complimented by being placed on the wall in between other 'masterpieces' like Dogs Playing Poker and Velvet Elvis. His Lost World backglass was much better.

Different strokes for different folks. Aren't you the guy who likes the Data East photo backglasses? So bad it's good type comments from you? Not sure if I can take your opinion seriously. Comparing Faris' art to dogs playing poker is sacrilege. How dare you.

#52 11 years ago
    Quoted from OTTOgd:

No, I compared the Paragon backglass to the Dogs Playing Poker

Right, so you still compared his art to dogs playing poker.

It's obvious you do not like Faris' artwork and I do. We have different opinions. Move along.

#65 11 years ago
    Quoted from OTTOgd:

Sorry, you're right, I shouldn't have made that comparison; any one of the Dogs Playing Poker paintings are better.

Ok, we get it, you don't like the paragon backglass. Comparing it to dogs playing poker is an insult.

Faris has several masterpieces. The paragon backglass is one of them but Centaur as a complete package is another. It was super-duper to hear him and Jim Patla reminise about Centaur at Expo last October. They really did a great job on that pin and the artwork from Faris during this era, especially Paragon and Centaur are far better than anything produced in the last decade. The detail in his artwork is what sets him apart from the rest IMO. He is by far my favorite pin artist and it's not surprising that I will be acquiring my 5th Faris pin to add to my collection.

#71 11 years ago
    Quoted from OTTOgd:

cdnpinballer said:

Then we'll be like brothers, joined by our appreciation for Faris!

It's obvious that we're on completely different levels in our appreciation for this artist so I will leave it at that.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cdnpinballer.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/screw-gameplaywhats-the-best-looking-pin-opinions?tu=cdnpinballer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.