Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpg

#1 9 months ago

Buy an easy out kit
Any other options?

image (resized).jpg
#2 9 months ago

Left handed drill bit? I’ve just bit the bullet in the past and replace the flipper bat and spring, along with getting a crank.

#3 9 months ago

Easy out. Sometimes had luck with cutting a slot in what's left of the screw with a Dremel cutoff wheel. Then you can use a small straight slot screwdriver to unscrew it.

#4 9 months ago

or a hacksaw to cut off the shaft

#5 9 months ago
Quoted from pinhead52:

or a hacksaw to cut off the shaft

But that still doesn't get the broken screw out of a pawl that is no longer available (no reproductions).

#6 9 months ago

If the good screw is out or loose, you may be able to hold the bat on the topside and the paw ul on the underside. Twist and pull apart.
Then the broken screw may be easier to move with ez out or drill bit.

#7 9 months ago

Id try using a dremmel to cut a slot in what's left of the old screw in hopes it could be removed with a flat head driver.

#8 9 months ago

A bit of it is sticking out. You could try vise grips or Vampliers.

#9 9 months ago
Quoted from KenLayton:

But that still doesn't get the broken screw out of a pawl that is no longer available (no reproductions).

saw a whole bunch at the show today...

#10 9 months ago
Quoted from pinhead52:

saw a whole bunch at the show today...

Right side crank arms are still available - left side are not, but you can substitute the earlier Gottlieb flipper generation crank arm, which is a similar design and still available, to make it work. This is a right side crank arm that the OP is looking at it, so should be no problem getting a new one if needed.

#11 9 months ago

Tried easy out, no luck. drilled it out. i thought i could reuse after i retap and get larger dia bolt; but i did a terrible job. flipper is still usable just a little bit of shaft is missing

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Whitehouse Station, NJ
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The EM Scientist
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
$ 9.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!