You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Sharkey&_39;s Shootout (Stern 2000) (resized).png
Sharkey (resized).png
Resized_20180512_171546 (resized).jpeg
#1 5 years ago

any idea the best way to tackle this. I just opted to get a airbrush and compressor, but the extent of my artwork abilities is drawing stick figures... maybe some with hats.
I've used bondo and sanded multiple times to get it flat. (pain in the ass since there was salvageable art work around the messed up area).

if I had a scan maybe I could do a stencil for the missing parts?
I've tried painting via brush, but it didn't quiet turn out the way I wanted. plus a lot of the bondo color bled through which meant multiple layers.
so the paint brush method is out. I'm not obviously not concerned with it looking perfect, but just something so it blends in better. This is the reason why I don't like screen printed cabinets. figured this is good experience, more then anything.
the rest of the cabinets isn't bad, except for around the flipper buttons. That's an easy fix since it's just one color.

I was able to find a couple scans from the vpforums library that I could use as a reference, but they aren't the best since the resolution is dumbed down.

Resized_20180512_171546 (resized).jpegResized_20180512_171546 (resized).jpeg

Sharkey (resized).pngSharkey (resized).png

Sharkey&_39;s Shootout (Stern 2000) (resized).pngSharkey&_39;s Shootout (Stern 2000) (resized).png

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/screen-printed-cabinet-sharkeys-touch-up-question and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.